Preparation Question: What is freedom and how, by the help of the Reforming Light, can we acquire it?

Inicio Foros Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 2 Discuss Preparation Question: What is freedom and how, by the help of the Reforming Light, can we acquire it?

Preparation Question: What is freedom and how, by the help of the Reforming Light, can we acquire it?

Ver publicaciones de 6 de - 1 a 6 (del total de 289)
  • Autor(a)
    Respuestas
      Judy
      Partícipe

Freedom is composed of our will to receive and within that desire a point in the heart for our internal yearning for spirituality. In preparing for each Kabbalah lesson and Zohar reading having a strong intention to connect and to want the light to come and affect us; the Reforming light will purify, correct, and fill us. We keep inspired to pull this light upon us and the rest will come.

Jay Chaim
      Partícipe

Baal HaSulam writes of two experiences of freedom. One is our initial choice of an environment, Kabbalist texts and guides to aid us in attracting the Reforming Light. We begin to build our kli / vessel to hold more Reforming Light. Our corrections (re-forming) occur and when we reach the uppermost stage and receive only to bestow on the Creator we experience another freedom, that of escape from the Angel of Death.

Gerrit
      Partícipe

Freedom means to have a choice, now kabbalah teaches that man has no free choice but that the Creator gives him good and bad, maybe freedom is to learn to accept everything one gets as the bestowal of the Creator, the good and the bad (as one feels it). I hope the light will help me to understand and feel this.

Juule
      Partícipe

I see freedom as rising above the ego that only desires for itself alone. I see the reforming light as doing what its name suggests as re-forming the ego that would desire to bestow.

Lilla
      Partícipe

I would say, freedom is freedom from ego, from myself there is connectedness and bestowal. This is freeing I think. We achieve this freedom by clinging to the Creator so that He reveals Himself and the ego (separation, lack, suffering) proportionally disappears.

Ed
      Partícipe

We spend the first nine months of our existence enclosed in our mother’s womb. For the next twenty-odd years we are under the dominion of parents, teachers, and possibly the military. The remainder of our adult years we become slaves to our jobs, parental duties, civic responsibilities, and fatigue. Then in our Golden Years of retirement, we are under the control of doctors. Sure, we’re free.

The reality is we are more like mice in a maze, searching for that ever-elusive scent of cheese. At some point some of us begin realizing like Bob Seger in his song, ” I Feel Like a Number,” and yell out, “Damn it I’m a man!”

My guess is the only “free” move we can make is to look up out of the maze toward God, and pray for an “out.”

Ver publicaciones de 6 de - 1 a 6 (del total de 289)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.