Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 301 through 306 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Sauli
      Participant

Hello! Just joined in this graduate environment. What´s next?

Hello Sauli, here’s a reply from Zohar:

Welcome to the Graduate Environment. We are very glad you are with us.

The GE currently consists of six interactive components, and you can use all or some of them.

The heart of the Graduate Environment is the Young Group. You will be receiving an email assigning you to your group soon as these courses start every few months.

In the meantime, you can participate in all the other classes we have to offer (you choose how many of them you want to participate in)

Tuesday’s “A Sage Speaks” taught by Seth Breitman covers Baal HaSulam’s articles, and he has been going through the Preface to the Wisdom of Kabbalah lately.

Thursday’s “Grad Class” with Mike Kellogg explores aspects of Kabbalah that Kabbalist Dr. Michael Laitman taught during the week.

On Sunday’s, “Sunday meeting with Friends”, hosted by Zohar, is a chance to ask any questions about our work and study in kabbalah and learn all sorts of fascinating topics.

and, “Weekly Portion of Light” taught by a rotating lineup of top instructors brings amazing Kabbalistic topics relevant to our path.

Also, you have access to the “Forum” where you can post any questions you have, and they will be answered by KabU instructors.

In the event you missed, or want to watch again, a particular class, all are recorded and archived, click on any of our courses, go to past lessons and you can access them.

As you have heard, joining a ten is a very important part of Kabbalah. Once you have been assigned to your Young Group, about 4-5 weeks into the semester, the YG will be divided into tens and you will work with this 10 throughout the course.

Use the Graduate Environment how it works best for you, some, or all.

Enjoy and Connect

Tove Jo
          Participant

Thank you Sauli for your question.  I have been here for some weeks, but I did not have a clear aide of how this works….so the question like the answer was important for me.

Thanks a lot for the clear instruction.

Tove Jo
      Participant

Hi teachers,

I am very thankful for the weekend Congress…. I was not always able to connect in the right time.  My feelings was to get everything as I possible could every day as I wanted to understand why there was so much talk about our “dark” feelings and love our friends before oneself.   I got a lot of mixed feelings about this topic, which came up inside me..  and more I wanted to listen and follow the Congress as  I want to understand the problem.    And to day it became clear to me that it all had to do with me….  I felt pain and joy and now after several of hours I feel free and joyful.  Rav Laitman is doing a good work…(and you too)… Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks to you too. It’s great work for all of humanity’s inner desire that we’re able to work with because we’re working together.

Lyndon
      Participant

Dear KabU,

I just watched Mike Kellogg’s Grad. Class [1st December].  The subject to do with annulling one’s personality such as our own views, opinions, tastes and desires as these are all in error as they are a function of ones Will to Receive.  This is palatable to me, I can go that far to accept this.

However, Mike went on to discuss an old ‘chestnut’ of mine which is a great obstacle to me.  When seeing such dire circumstances in this world one cannot be moved by this and that within the blink of an eye I too could befall a tragedy but when I put on the television this is so apparent seeing humanity in a multitude of dire circumstances undergoing unimaginable pain.  How could I ever come to terms with this?  I mean, I cannot accept that an all beneficent creator should let us all live in these circumstances and all so vulnerable, I just can’t see this and feel I never will come to terms with the view that ‘he is the good that does good’.  I had considered Mike’s class and  I was going to bed no further forward with this to then see a short clip on the TV about Haiti falling into complete chaos and vigilantism being rife with personal accounts so graphic I cannot ever accept the notion of the goodness of the creator and when I ever consider his  ‘greatness’ I feel so ashamed that I am spared a lot of the tragedy befalling so many, then fear that I could befall life’s tragedies and then I feel dreadful that I could ever say to someone who is living in terrible circumstances of the ‘great creator’.

It doesn’t add up to me and I’m stuck with this one.  How could one ever turn aside from humanities great pain on the premise that one’s own life is ok [and i am so luck]  and then put any credence on the notion of an all good creator when so many live dreadful lives.

Sorry to be heavy thanks.  Lyndon S

No, the Creator agrees that you will see Him as bad in your regular senses. You mean I don’t agree to this stage of the correction process? During which the Creator’s actions will appear as more and more evil? They tell us in advance that merciful women will eat their babies. And that’ll be considered normal Before that happens, we can develop the additional senses needed to perceive the whole and complete reality. It’s like I’m at the best restaurant in the world, but I have taste buds for only salt and hot peppers. I taste something horrific there. Those are part of the whole, and they go wonderfully with the whole, but in isolation…

I want to “fix” what’s outside me. Over in India or somewhere. I’m told that that is not over in India; it’s inside me. But for now, to be merciful, I’m let to see it as if it’s way over there in India. You want the consequences of the lack of correction that is in you to be exacted immediately – then all the atrocities in the world will happen to you. For now, I get to see them as if they are far away. Will I respond and correct myself or will I wait until it’s not in India but in my own country? And then in my city. And then on my street. At my door.

Wise is the person who can read the Creator’s language and react appropriately. This is His kindness to us, to provide this room for free choice. But He will not give up on the changes He’s expecting us to do on the inside. If we don’t decisively wake up, He gives increasingly loud warning bells.

Isoke Jacobs
      Participant

Dear Teachers,

I heard Rav answer a student in the lesson the way to put our “self” on the side is to be sure that we’re not “working alone” and that our efforts are “together”. He added to another student that the Ten should “maintain that the connection between us grows stronger”.

I have two questions to start with:

1. If we are in a Ten, how do we know that we’re not working alone? How can a group of students who have their own thoughts and scrutinies internally, make sure that we’re working together and not alone?

2. If a student is in a Ten and faithfully attends every lesson and every Ten meeting, adds a prayer sentence to build a common prayer and prepares the materials needed on connection duty, is this enough connection? Can we consider that this is enough efforts in order to “grow our connection”  and we don’t need to do any more than this?

Thank you,

Isoke

Hi Isoke,

1. It is enough that we’re all aimed at “together”. I want my friends to all be in this sensation of doing it together. There’s such an ego that doesn’t mind spiritual work, let’s say – but together? Up until there, and not further. Inside the work together is where the actual work begins. It’s hard to wrap this concept in words due to the fact that it is simplistic. And the ego is simplistically against such work. Like it’s written, “the Creator likes all the works, however they are,” whatever we do in the direction of togetherness will be right. To not be “caught alone” is the most important principle – that is, in thoughts that are not together with the ten. Don’t think about the bodies (more than you need to to locate the friends, the concept of the ten, internally).

2. Attending every lesson and ten call and being internally active during these external actions it is certain that I will reach spirituality. The main thing is that while I am doing the same action every day, the Creator is moving the rug under me, so that I feel increasingly distant from the goal, and yet I hold on with my teeth to the same actions, to stay in the prayers for the friends though there is less and less taste in doing so, like the night gets darker and darker and is darkest just before dawn.

Paul
      Participant

We haven no choice, we are completely  ignorant, can’t do it on our own, we are  not even human beings, intellectual animals at he most: sounds reasonable, but give me some perspective;  Kabbalah says: labour and  (not) found, faith above reason, all comes well at the final correction.  Wonderful, and the picture is awesome, it is still a picture,though. The gap between the potential and the actual  is enormous,  how to make it more like a fusion? More like a melting pot? More tangible? More needs ,more prayers, less questions?

Isoke Jacobs
        Participant

Thank you, Gianni. That’s clear. 🍃

A person has a stage during which he only studies, and tries to grasp as much as he can, to fit the concepts into his corporeal brain; however, it doesn’t work out because these concepts don’t fit into our angular brains because they are integral. It’s like a snake trying to make sense of a beautiful symphony. Not only is he missing sensory receptors to make sense of it, the senses he has are suitable for perceiving the erratic and artificial temperatures in Carnegie Hall and the various vibrations not as harmonious but as a hellish cacophony, like being thrust into the eye of some dark, alien gas planet. That’s how we’re perceiving our world, which is actually the Upper World, already in the end of correction, organized, harmonious, lawful, and beautiful. The advice is to start doing what the kabbalists advise. From doing, we will understand more and more because the feel of the true reality will start to reveal as the senses to feel it start developing. If I’m too, too confused it means I haven’t started. I’m rather circling the wisdom like a cat investigating a potential meal.

Liza
      Participant

Hello Teachers!

Regarding Certainty and Truth.

How do they manifest in us?

How to be certain about my faith all the time when I’m in this environment and outside of it? I find myself coming back for the truth, or something that lifts me up when I participate in the lessons and listen to the teachings as if it charges my life with Life.  Does this make sense?

✨Thank you

Certainty is attainment. We don’t have that yet.

Faith, if you mean belief, is not required. Diligence in engaging in the path all the time, is required.

Generally, to do it though, you do need to be connected to a ten. Otherwise, you just aren’t connected to the vessels in you by which you would be able to remain in these thoughts and actions.

Liza
          Participant

Thank you Gianni✨

Viewing 6 posts - 301 through 306 (of 433 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.