Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Esther
      Participant

This describes what happens to a person when they die -from a novel

At that moment, there were 3,​147,​740,​103,​497,​276,​498,​750,​208,​327 atoms in her body. Of her total mass, 63.7 percent was oxygen, 21.0 percent carbon, 10.1 percent hydrogen, 2.6 percent nitrogen, 1.4 percent calcium, 1.1 percent phosphorous, plus a smattering of the ninety-odd other chemical elements created in stars.Released from their temporary confinement, her atoms slowly spread out and diffused through the atmosphere. In sixty days’ time, they could be found in every handful of air on the planet. In one hundred days, some of her atoms, the vaporous water, had condensed into liquid and returned to the surface as rain, to be drunk and ingested by animals and plants. Some of her atoms were absorbed by light-utilizing organisms and transformed into tissues and tubules and leaves. Some were breathed in by oxygen creatures, incorporated into organs and bone.Pregnant women ate animals and plants made of her atoms. A year later, babies contained some of her atoms… Several years after her death, millions of children contained some of her atoms. And their children would contain some of her atoms as well. Their minds contained part of her mind.And the individual atoms, cycled through her body and then cycled through wind and water and soil, cycled through generations and generations of living creatures and minds, will repeat and connect and make a whole out of parts. Although without memory, they make a memory. Although impermanent, they make a permanence. Although scattered, they make a totality.

So if matter is only desire, the dissolution of our bodies when we die diffuses those desires into other beings and so we are all One.  So reincarnation is a general reappearance of our desires diffused in the world,  and not a discrete new body having all our former corrections as is the conventional view of reincarnation ?

That’s what happens according to the dream we’re in. When we wake up, there’s just One. Now, what happens in some continuation of this imagination because I did not manage to correct myself? There are no words that can be said that will land properly in us in a way that is not an even greater confusion than we’re in. We do not have the vessels to understand it. It’s not like these think or like those think.

Devorah Vidal
      Participant

Hi folks,

it’s been a while since I asked a question.

my ten and I read a likutei Halachot as a group together. the teaching is from the morning lesson

Likutei Halachot, Laws of the Synagogue, #1
      The ascent of the soul and its completion is primarily when all the souls are integrated and become one, for then they rise to Kedusha [holiness], since the Kedusha is one. Therefore the prayer, which is regarded as the soul, depends primarily on the unity of the souls. Therefore before praying one must take upon oneself the “to do” commandment of “love your friend as yourself”, since it is possible to speak words of prayer only by peace, when one connects with all the souls of Israel. For this reason the prayer is mainly in public and not alone, so that each one is not separated by himself, which is the opposite of Kedusha. Rather we must be connected into a holy congregation and become one, and this the prayer in public.It’s from the Morning Lesson prep on March 16th

After reading this, we discussed together what we think it means.  This discussion began a chain of responses and questions.

when someone gives (bestows) something tangible to another person – for example, someine needs a ride somewhere because their car broke down and you give them a ride-

who are you bestowing to?

the creator?  the creature?  an aspect of yourself?  who?

someone said that we cannot really bestow to the creator. We don’t even have access to the creator.

When we talk about bestowing to the creator- what are we even talking about?  What can we bestow to the creator?

I need to give the friend whatever they need for spirituality. Usually it’s high spirits, the importance of the goal that they need. Of course, it could also be a ride to a lesson if we live close. The Creator is interested in only this: the correction of everyone. Therefore, I can only bestow upon Him in this way, by bringing the friend an inch closer to this.

zeinab
      Participant

Hi Gianni,

two unrelated questions:

1- I heard you say in a class that the world is a mirror of my intentions, does this then mean , this is the Creator showing me my intentions and therefore i can create my reality by ” chaning my intentions”? if so, how do i correct myself and therefore change my intentions?

2- In the congress on Women’s day, I wanted to ask the following questions. It’s about Channah. The woman  who prayed for a son and was granted prophet Shmuel.

A. She did not pray in a group.
      B.  She prayed alone in the synagogue.
      C.  She prayed and mentioned a new name of the Creator,  Tzevaot
      D. Her prayer was granted.

The questions from this ?
      1) what made her prayer unique such that the Creator heard her and responded to her alone?
      2) How can women today pray like Hannah?
      3) how do we purify our vessels / correct our intentions to reach a prayer such as this?

Thank you

—————————

ReplyForward
      Add reaction

Hi Zeinab,

The entire wisdom is about how to change one’s intention. The entire Creation is about building this intention over the Light of the Creator.

As for Hanna – first we need to understand that any holy text speaks about forces and not people. We need to pray in a way that is realistic for our state. It needs to be a request related to our unity in the ten. If I ask for something that is not really related to the state we’re in, then it’s as if I’m trying to skip over the projection that the Creator is providing for me, precisely to pray about it. Look at the state of the ten now, and then turn to the Creator with that.

Lyndon
      Participant

Dear Kabu,

All this reading,  studying,  thinking and pleading is preparation so I’m hanging on to what i have learned Rav, Friends and the books.

This crushing feeling is so strong  and relentless, in a word, its a state of desperation.

I can’t do this,  i don’t know what I’m doing,  i want to run away from it all (spirituality) to the point i wish l didn’t have this burden and just had my base desires to worship, end of.

I’m hanging on strong but it’s awful,  I’m hard on myself so i have a little time off from it all and try to lighten up because this work is so serious and i need to be thankful for my tiny spark.

I constantly fidget, waste time, doubt and worry i think  i cant ever do this in the first place and, this thought is so crushing to me, i mean, if a can’t progress and  overcome im done for.

Its awful, I’m sorry to pour it all out here, i know kabu isn’t a support program but, is what i put above familiar as per what students go through.

Thanks so much.  Lyndon S.

If im too gushy sorry.

We need to try, in addition to seriousness, to be in joy, gratitude, and so on. One only advances in joy.

Lyndon
          Participant

I cant take anything in here, it doesn’t mean anything, i am stuck can you put it to me another way.  Thanks.  Lyndon S

Kimadigital7
          Participant

I have also be in that kind of a situation. This is the moment where you truly need to give the friends the importance of the goal.

It’s normal for students to go through something like that. I’m looking for the result, to know when it will come, and this leads to desperation; while spirituality demands that I abandon all my calculations. Spirituality means only wanting to bestow – not to receive a certain result, or even a clear understanding. Do I accept this? The precondition is built in me as a law that shall not be breached. I have to reach equivalence with this law, which in me, looks at least like complete agreement with whatever the Creator sends, gratitude for it, and joy. This is called Hafetz Hesed (delighted in mercy) and it’s the first condition.

AspiringAltruist
      Participant

I’m curious about the relevance of Isaac Luria’s (the Ari’s) practices in our times, especially his method of connecting with the holiness of sages, such as when he lay on their graves in Safed. While I’m not planning to literally replicate such practices, it leads me to wonder: does studying our sages enable a similar spiritual transmission or connection?

Additionally, Isaac Luria’s assertion before his passing—that he would continue to teach from the spiritual realm—fascinates me. In the context of “Lurianic Kabbalah – Why Everything Changed After the ARI’s Appearance,” when the Ari was nearing death, his students lamented his imminent passing. The Ari chastised them, suggesting, “you have no business in the concealed, because if you did, you would know that I will continue to teach you from spirituality, where I exist after this ‘fake’ death.” This idea suggests we can still connect with his wisdom, beyond the physical world. Has anyone here felt a direct spiritual influence or guidance when engaging with Kabbalistic teachings, akin to what the Ari described?

I’m seeking to understand if these experiences of spiritual connection or guidance during our studies are manifestations of the mechanisms the Ari referred to, and whether this feeling is real.

the ari

The infographic has several mistakes and I’m also not sure about the practice related to graves, in fact it seems as something a Kabbalist would be especially disinclined to do (though they would visit a grave of a special Kabbalist) and I haven’t personally seen that in an authentic source. If there is some kind of documentation like that, we should keep in mind that Baal HaSulam warned in his letters against all of the spurious writings related to the Ari and his writings, in the form of either mistakes by students other than Chaim Vital who was the only one he permitted to continue his tradition, or by writers who wrote false things that were as-if about the Ari and the spiritual world but were falsified and not based on spiritual attainment of those things.

All Kabbalists, more or less, experience the same phenomena, as Baal HaSulam says that one who has been to London can talk to others who have been to London and they know what it is. One of those phenomena is being above spacetime, above the body, such that dying is, as Rabash says, like throwing your shirt in the laundry at the end of the day. The question is whether one’s students can feel the Kabbalist as present just as much (and even more than) as before. That depends on the student’s agreement with, equivalence with, nullification to the teacher, up to the point of having a shared Masach (Screen).

AspiringAltruist
          Participant

Gianni, that is kind of discouraging and seemingly not constructive.  This comes from a place of sincere love for this path.  The lines on the earth represent gravity, as in our ego, the force that is constantly pulling us downward.  And the world that we are taught to correct that exists inside of us, not outside.

I pasted a below an excerpt from Michael Laitman, who recommends we work with the texts, summarize them, translate them, and implement them in a group…

Certainly to summarize and even draw for oneself. There’s nothing wrong with the fact that for sure I will have some element wrong. To have it all correct would mean some level of contact with the Light (or a prodigious memory, which as you know, we don’t value especially). Also, it’s probably somehow correct from your perspective, but I need to point out the potential flaw in it as I see potential to confuse others – especially as you made it so visually attractive.

Kimadigital7
      Participant

Is this my calculation?

Why is it that I prefer to do inner work than to read.? Can we do both?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 433 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.