Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 361 through 366 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Troy Albright
      Participant

How do I handle this situation? I am in Young Group with Zohar but have missed numerous sessions because I’m scared that he is going to call me out to read. I know I should feel honored when he has picked me in the past but my anxiety goes up and then I cant concentrate on what I am reading or comprehend the rest of class.
      I am feeling like a loser.

Simon
        Participant

Thank you for your answer Jim, what a relief reading your words! Lol

Hi Troy. Truth be told, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t get at least a little uptight when addressing the Friends. After 15 years I still do. Luckily this is an environment where everyone tries to help everyone else.

Here’s a reply from Zohar: There is no coercion in spirituality, and no one wants you to feel pressured,  come to lesson, you don’t have to read, just feel comfortable, you are in a safe loving place

Beverly
      Participant

I am confused by this lesson. What I understood was there is nothing I can do about my ego other than pray and monitor my emotions to determine if the creator has answered the prays. If I continue to have conflict with my ego I have not progressed?

So, getting in alignment with the creator is a wait and see; a hope and a prayer perspective?

Is this correct?

If this is true then why are we all here?  I’m so confused

Hello Beverly. Our ego, or the will to receive for my own benefit, is not the problem. It’s not going anywhere. In fact, as we study, it grows (it becomes more revealed). What we want to do is acquire an additional desire that is more important to us, namely, a desire to bestow – to be like the Creator. Our work with the books, the group and the Rav are all aimed at developing a lack for this quality of bestowal, on top of our will to receive.

Beverly
          Participant

OK, in many of the lessons I get a flavor of Judaism. Is that the end goal of KabU?…In addition to waking up the world?

I’ve been studying Judaism for a few years and these lessons are the bases. The difference in the two is Kabbalah in this forum is open to all and Judaism is a close club for “Jews only”.

What I’ve never fully understood is if they have the answer to the world why is it a close club?

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Thanks

Hi Beverly. Judaism came from kabbalah, as did Christianity and Islam and most of the eastern religions. And it should be noted that no matter what a person’s religion might be, they can (and many do) study kabbalah. Also there is no reason to give up one’s religious traditions in order to study kabbalah.

Beverly
          Participant

PERFECT!! GOT IT!

Lyndon
      Participant

dEAR kABU,

I have mentioned this before, it would be very helpful if there were a “one-to-one drop-in” session or similar where questions, which the student has from their private study, could be discussed and answered with an instructor.  The YG and SMWF doesn’t give this platform so I list a couple of my questions below:

Q 1: In “Baruch Shalom Ha-Levi Ashlag (Rabash)/ Assorted Notes “I Will Remove the Stony Heart”.  It says that in order for one to feel like “a lack,” the creator will give him Mayin Duchrin but there must be special education about this. And, “Otherwise, we do not feel that this is called “a lack.” A person feels only the lack of diminution of light, meaning that he has no pleasure in Torah and prayer the way he understands it should be. But the lack of a Kli [vessel], and that this is the real lack, not everyone is given this feeling.

Can you please help me with regard to the meaning of ‘special education’ in this regard and how one can attain the lack in order to remove the/ones Stony heart.

Q 2: In Shamati 1 refer several times to ’her organ‘ and ‘her private organ/s’ in the text.  What is the meaning of this ‘organ’.

Q3 :  in Shamati it refers to ‘that place of stench’ and being ‘reincarnated as a pig’ I don’t understand what the actual meaning of this is.  Of course I can assume that the ‘stench‘ is the submergence of the senses in pleasure but this is only an approximate idea additionally I have no idea why particularly the animal of a pig would be referred to.

I have so many questions from personal study outside the Young group and SMWF and would love answers to the above.  Warm wishes and thank you very much.  Lyndon S

Q1. What we receive from the Creator (mayin duchrin -MAD) is not what we expect. Our will to receive expects to get all kinds of wonderful stuff. But we come to find out what we need is not a will to receive, but a will to bestow. We need to be like the Creator, in equivalence of form with Him. Thus, this special education is reserved for people with an awakened point in their heart. The general public does not want to hear about having a need to give. They are temporarily stuck with the stony heart. We, in our work in our group, develop a lack for bestowal, and come to feel we need this more than anything.

For a kabbalist, our prayer (mayin nuchva, MAN) and the Creator’s answer (mayin duchrin, MAD) is the special education that pierces the stony heart.

Q2. My understanding is these organs are the souls. All together they make up the Shechina.

Q3. The place of stench, and the pig, refer to the filthy will to receive for my own benefit.

Hello Lyndon. Sorry for the delay, I’ve been away and just saw this. Will work on a reply in the morning.

jim

Christianne
      Participant

Thank you very much  dear   Instructor Jim   and  instructor Zohar   for quickly reply

Christianne
      Participant

Dear Zohar

I try to follow the lessons as much as possible and want to learn  from you more and more ,,like to listen to others Because of the time Icannot follow all,  its difficult during the night to wake  up to follow the class and during the days I am very busy. But try to see the recording lessons as much  as possible

Maybe I dont speak as much as needed but the reason is that  my english is  not strong enough to speak in public ,my apologize  for that.   I do the efforts to translate  and wright  all  in my studybook for good understanding the articles etc.  and try do not  make mistakes by speaking  because its important to use the right words for correct  understanding. Thanks a lot to be our teacher .I will continue kabbalah as long as I can,   it has a big impact and  changes my  thoughts and  my life  and I like to grow  step by step  on the spiritual path   big  hug    kind regards

Hello Christianne. Here’s a reply from Zohar:
        Thank you for your words Christianne,
        You should know that spiritual advancement is something that happens from our efforts, not our understanding or knowledge, so above language and comprehension, you exert at wanting to connect with others above all the so called “obstacles” to unite.
        Keep up the good work, it is very inspiring, and together we will get there!

Paul
      Participant

Since a few days ( a week) I can not find the Pticha lessons anymore. ( the ones with Eran and later Gianni and Zohar), in the Grad Environment. Can this be restored, or where can I find this lessons from now on? They were (are) so precious.

Dear Paul,
        Thanks for letting us know about this issue with the site. You are right, when they did the upgrade to the course page this week it seems to have been removed.
        You can access it this way:
        Go to the VOD link up on top of the site, and there, make sure to choose from the top links on the VOD page “GE Past Lessons”, there you will find all the Pticha recordings
        We will meanwhile work on reinstating the course to it’s previous position

Paul
          Participant

Thanks Zohar , for your quick reply.

Viewing 6 posts - 361 through 366 (of 433 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.