Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 415 through 420 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ty Palodichuk
      Participant

My question is regarding a passage in the article Peace In The World. “If we take for example the attribute of Mercy in it’s abstract form, we find that its government contradicts all other attributes, meaning that by the laws of the rule of Mercy, there is no place for the appearance of other attributes in the world.” Question: What does by the laws of the attribute of Mercy mean? What are laws of attributes? Thank you for your time and support.

Hi Ty, The language of branches is an allegorical language used by kabbalists to communicate with each other. Here is a link to Dr. Laitman’s blog on the subject: https://laitman.com/category/language-of-branches-2/.  As for my unique spiritual root, the only way I’ll know what that means, or what it is, is to enter the spiritual world and find out for myself.  Our corporeal words are incapable of describing spiritual things, that’s why the kabbalists resort to allegory.

Hi Ty, here’s my take on what Baal HaSulam is saying: If I have a certain attribute, say for instance I am a stingy person, the law of that attribute will dictate that I don’t want to share with others.  So, should I attain the attribute of Mercy, the desire to only do good to others, this trumps all my other attributes. In other words, the law of Mercy is such that it puts an intention to do good on top of my actions that stem from all my other attributes.

Ty Palodichuk
      Participant

Hello, can someone from Igals YG give me the HW questions from Sunday? I failed to get them written down.

Paul
      Participant

Hallo Zohar,  first compliments for the staged graduate environment, it is great. Inspiring.

Next, a trivial question, but important somehow.

Knowing the key principles  in theory ; (texts  ” There is None Else besides him, and He does good to his creations, and love they neighbours (friends) as thy selve”),  what I encounter apart of my participating in a group (the Young group since the last 3 weeks) in my daily life is a loving wife, who does good, in some way she is none else beside me (we’re a team) and I love her also ( Ok, she is not my neighbour).

Theory (the wisdom of kabbalah)  versus everyday, practical life. No problem, but there is a gap in trying to do good to others in daily life (the horror sometimes) and the yearning of a faster progress while making the efforts. I know, I am impatient. But, besides engaging in a group (check), reading the books (check) and  absorbing the wisdom of the  Rav : there is still no chance of speeding things up?

With all respect and faithfully yours.

Zohar
        Participant

Dear Paul,
        Don’t loose that drive and sense of urgency, it is great. In truth, with time, the more you advance, the more of a gap between what you need and want and what you have will grow. Just like you were given small challenges in kindergarten and much bigger ones in high school, and much more later in life.

If you are doing everything fully at the moment, attending the lessons, working in the Young Group, reading, and feel that you want to do more…. there is a huge archive of lessons that you can watch, you can read articles in our sources and actually go through them and try to simplify them for yourself, and you can make efforts to add more quality as well as quantity in each of the things that you are doing.
        I have a feeling that if you continue this way, you will find yourself asking the opposite – is there a way to do less?
        Keep at it, and thank you for your question
        Hugs
        Zohar

Jurgis
      Participant

Hello!

I just want to say that section https://kabuconnect.com/graduate-environment/ is done in a really nice way. I can see all correct date and time (taking into account my time zone) for lessons. And design is also very appealing.

Thank you!

Beth
      Participant

Hi there friend. I have a question. I must have not read something properly and continued with a misunderstanding. Can you please explain the difference between Adam HaRishon and Adam Kadmon. Can the explanation be succinct because my brain is on overload at the moment. With many thanks.

Beth

Zohar
        Participant

Hi Beth,
        Although they both start with “Adam”,  (which in Hebrew is the word for person, and later will also be from the root of “Similar to the Creator”), in fact these two are very different:
        Adam Kadmon – is the name of the First Upper World right after the first Restriction and the emergence of a screen upon the will to receive. It is made up of 5 Partzufim – Galgalta, AB, SAG, MA & BON

Adam HaRishon – is the One Common Soul created from which we are all parts of. The soul has shattered, and each of us is here making efforts to reconnect the shattered pieces (our points in our hearts) so we can rebuild the Soul of Adam HaRishon.

Ty Palodichuk
          Participant

Thanks for the great question Beth!

~marz
      Participant

Hello Dear Instructors,

While figuring out the details to be able to watch live, I have been diving into past lessons (amazing amazing catalog of lessons to start each day – thank you). I came upon this line which has me confused.

“all the other souls” = I thought we were all part of 1 soul Adam HaRishon. Am I misunderstanding this point?

with love & respect

~marz

The attachment doesn’t seem to be showing properly:

Where exactly in this image does the whole of reality exist; I, all of the other souls, the Creator, all of us together along with the revelation of our unity?  Excerpt from Daily Kabbalah Lesson, November 27, 2009

Viewing 6 posts - 415 through 420 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.