Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 2 Discuss Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      peter
      Participant

So would I be correct by saying that all our experiences thoughts opinions and events that unfold in our life at this level is an indication and measurement of our corrected or uncorrectstate ie negative – fear – hatred – pain would be the uncorrected state. Love – beauty – peace – positivety would be a sign of the corrected state? I refer to this question as my understanding that our outer experiences and opinions are an absolute direct projecting of the state of our inner self where the work needs to be done and an indication of our level of egoism (feeling separated) and our only way to overcome this evident uncorrected stateis to advance spiritually which means developing a complete soul which can only be done through connecting to others in the correct spiritual enviroment attached to the correct taught intention of bestowal? and because we are controlled in a closed system that dictates all our thoughts actions and experiences. So when we are exposed to the kabbalah which would also be controlled by the program would it be correct to say that it is the sign from the program that one is ready to advance and start working to the development of the soul and vice a versa that one is not ready for the development until one is drawn to the knowledge and wisdom as ones experiences thoughts and actions are a chain of progressions that has brought one to the point of this discovery which without the chain of passed events one will not feel the desire to explore and participate in the wisdom or one will not stumble on the wisdom?

So in short I am saying is this a sign to say one is ready for advancement or not and can one measure ones level of advancement by how one sees the world around one ?

Ranga
        Participant

Thank you Albert. Feel greatly relieved.

ranga

Hi Peter,

Yes, you can say that. To the extent that we correct ourselves, we’ll see the world as corrected. It’s like I have these dirty glasses through which I see the whole world as dirty. The moment I clean my own glasses, I’ll look at the same world, but now it’s clean and perfect.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/04/in-neutral-gear/

And yes, to the extent that we’re ripe for it, our point in the heart brings us to the environment in which we can realize that desire.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/06/aspiring-to-a-point-of-equilibrium/

Albert @ KabU

JamesM
      Participant

Loved the idea that our concept of free will is based on ignorance. We only imagine ourselves to be free because we are ignorant of the forces at work on us. Mind blowing…

Johan
      Participant

Why are we, human beeings,  the only ones that don’t follow nature’s laws?  What happened?

Hi Johan,

If we simply followed nature’s laws instinctively, like any other animal, we would not have any free choice. We would be no different than machines, or robots, that were programmed to act a certain way and they just carry out this inner script. Instead, we were programmed one way, and we rise above this inner programming, become independent of it, and then develop our own desire to advance towards the goal.

Check out my reply 363142 to Jonah below for more details about reaching freedom.

Albert @ KabU

Diane
      Participant

Again I am assuming… that “this one small area of freedom” you mention in video 2, is not truly available to us till our older years when we are allowed to have the freedom to choose our environment. Before this, we have to conform to the family, culture, faith, etc. we were born in. Does this timing of freedom to choose the environment have any connection to the activation of the point in the heart? Thank you.

Hi Diane,

Yes, the awakening of the point in the heart is the precondition to reaching freedom. Not just any freedom, but specifically freedom from our egoistic nature.

Check out my reply 363142 to Jonah below for more details.

Albert @ KabU

Diane
      Participant

Shalom, I have a question about the word we use often in English called “soul”

in video 1 in this lesson above, you state: “Our point of freedom lies in the root of our soul”

which “soul” are we talking about in Hebrew?

I ask this because in other lessons I hear that we have to attain this “soul”, by striving to become like our Creator after the Point in the Heart is activated. That this particular “soul” is outside of me and if I’m not mistaken I have heard KabU teachers teach that if someone ignores this point in the heart he/she is without this “soul”. In Hebrew, there are 5 levels of the soul and each one has a different name – Nefesh, Ruah, Neshama, Chaya & Yechida. From my understanding, (and I can be wrong) life’s basic level of soul is Nefesh. So I’m assuming I am born with a nefesh. Because my language skills in Hebrew are very limited when we read these texts in Hebrew, which word is used? What did God breathe into Adam when He created him that was over and above the animals? Can you please set me straight? I hope I am not asking for too much at this level of learning 🙂 Thank you.

Jonah
      Participant

Is my ability achieve freedom proportionate to my ability to give up the will to receive?

Hi Jonah,

Freedom means rising above our egoistic nature. As we learned in this week’s lesson, we do this by building for ourselves a strong spiritual environment.

Baal HaSulam talks about this in the article, the Freedom. He writes: “Harut (carved) on the tables”; do not pronounce it Harut (carved), but rather Herut (freedom), to show that they are liberated from the angel of death.

Throughout the article he explains how our current egoistic nature is that angel of death. Meaning although we are technically alive and surviving, relative to spirituality, our life is considered death. True life is within a completely different nature, that of bestowal. In order to reach freedom from our current nature, we need to choose and build a spiritual environment for ourselves which will influence us with the importance of acquiring the quality of bestowal.

For this reason, the Kabbalists equate our main freedom in life in choosing to be influenced by a spiritual environment. Not just any environment, but specifically a spiritual environment, since only through the spiritual environment can we get the importance of coming out of our egoistic nature and only through that environment can we draw the light that can help us to actualize this.

In the more advanced lessons, we’ll learn how to build this type of spiritual environment, in the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2012/10/bestowal-should-become-fashionable/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.