Young Group with Gianni discussion forum

New Home Forums Course Forums GE Forum – Ask Connect Inspire Young Group with Gianni discussion forum

Zohar
    Participant

All assignments and homework for the Young Group with Gianni

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Kristina
      Participant

Homework – Lesson No.5:

Each friend leaves a short recorded message (audio or video):
      What did I take from the lesson?

Read the quote by Dr. Laitman:
      “What I do in this work is demand the Reforming Light. And when the Reforming Light comes to me it brings me closer to the friend, I begin to feel him close to me, and I begin to care for him, that I have a certain warmth to him, still far from the actual flame, but I can somehow say that I am beginning to get close to the matter of love. And then, when I feel such a sensation, this sensation makes us equal, equal by me not being able to think of myself, only of two, and first of him and then of myself. And so on, these are the degrees, but this is all from the Reforming Light. That’s it, so you have an exercise, be above, be below, and demand the Light that brings you the feeling of love, and then you are equal”.

Discuss on the chat:
      How do we make sure that we draw the reforming light with every action of ours

Leave a recorded audio/video message
      that will help build between us a demand so that none of us will be able to differentiate himself from the others, and we will feel as one.

Last but not least:
      Remind each other of the connection throughout the week without overwhelming the friends in the chat. If you’re naturally active on the chat, make efforts to leave room for others. If you’re naturally inactive, make efforts to inspire the friends.

Ricardo Alves
      Participant

Were is this chat to make the homework and Leave a recorded audio/video message?

thank you!

Kristina
        Participant

It should be here, I suggest we’ll just start a new message on our own with the homework for everybody. I will copy it from the assignments section.

Meine_HumanTree
      Participant

Question, is there a recording of the Nov. 12 class, and homework?

Sauli
        Participant

Hi, homework is found here:

kabuconnect.com/topic/assignments-41/

I have a question also, where and how to record a message in the chat to do homework, where is this chat?

Kristina
          Participant

It should be the right chat here. As for the recorded message, looks we have the option of using a link to an upload somewhere.
          During the lesson itself it also was posted “text, audio or video” … so text should be an option, too.

Kristina
      Participant

Baal HaSulam “Letter 2”

And since it is always my way to praise nature’s systems, which the Creator has imprinted and set up in our favor all the days, I will tell you the reason for instilling that boundary. It is not that He has ill will. On the contrary, it is all the multiplication in spirituality, for the main thing desired of the servants of the Creator is Dvekut [adhesion], and there is no Dvekut unless from love and pleasure, as it is written, “And bring us closer, our King, to Your great name, Selah, in truth and love.” With what love did they say? With complete love, since the complete cannot be on the deficient, and complete love is “absolute love,” as said above.

Therefore, how can there be multiplication in the desired Dvekut that rises and is obtained by all the adventures that have come upon them? This is the meaning of the Creator clothing a soul in the body and in the murky matter, which finally found out that it needs to actually display love, and the deficiency of the display of love in his own heart, for the nature of the substance is to promptly quench any feelings of love that it has already acquired.

In this manner, “The complete is over the complete,” and there is absolute knowing in complete and absolute love on the part of the intellect. And yet, more love can be added, and if he does not add love, he will certainly subtract and quench all the possessions he has already acquired. This is the meaning of “And the land shall not be sold forever.” These are all sincere and true words, and you should treasure them for the end of days.

I let myself flow through several articles of Baal HaSulam and Rabash until I got glued to this letter from Baal HaSulam which is gifting a deep look into his relationship to the addressee and how he is working on this relationship. This letter is about love. I reccommend to read the complete letter, as, for me, he writes so much of what we need to learn and attain in the connections beetween us. Many parts strongly resonated with me and one part I completely don’t understand, which will make me search for lessons about this article in hope to grasp more.

Another quote from the letter:

perhaps I will be able to discern a clear way by which to let you know that which is in my heart and I will not miss the target.

BEN
      Participant

From Shamati Articles # 12 The Essence of One’s Work

The essence of one’s work should be how to come to feel taste in bestowing contentment to one’s Maker, since all that one does for oneself distances him from the Creator, due to the disparity of form. However, if one performs an act to benefit the Creator, even the smallest act, it is still considered a Mitzva (commandment/precept).

Hence, one’s primary exertion should be to acquire a force that feels taste in bestowing, which is through lessening the force that feels taste in self-reception. In that state one slowly acquires the taste in bestowing.

I chose this article because this is how my life is. When I went to Israel this Sept 2023, my prayer was for me to be able to feel the Creator and to start feeling how to really bestow. I pray night and day for this and in my trip I did not know what I will do in Israel. But as was meant to happen, one thing lead to another and I just found myself attending the convention. I saw the Rav, I saw the friends, I felt the connection. I felt joy that I never felt before. I continue now with my Young Group and the books and the study. I know I am very far from being in adhesion but I know that I am in the right environment. I will continue praying that I will gain more insight and be more connected. Thank you very much for everyone in BB and the group who has been helping me.

Peter
      Participant

”According to the above, it follows that the ladder is like scales: If one pan goes up, the other pan comes down. For this reason, if there are good deeds, meaning that they engage in a manner that the actions will rise up to the Creator, this is regarded as the ladder ascending, meaning that to him, the kingdom of heaven is in ascent. At that time, the other pan, which belongs to self-reception, namely the opposite of Kedusha, descends. That is, the appointees of the nations of the world descend. In other words, they descend from the value of being worthwhile to work for. This is considered that the quality of Israel in a person controls them, meaning the thoughts and desires of the nations of the world, which are regarded as self-reception.”

From: What Is, “A Ladder Is Set on the Earth, and Its Top Reaches Heaven,” in the Work?

I chose this excerpt because it gives a clear idea of how the two sides are related are and includes guiding words for how to move to the right side. I hope we will be able to implement it in the Young Group together.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.