Young Group with Gianni discussion forum

New Home Forums Course Forums GE Forum – Ask Connect Inspire Young Group with Gianni discussion forum

Zohar
    Participant

All assignments and homework for the Young Group with Gianni

Viewing 4 posts - 25 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ricki
      Participant

Lesson 3 homework assignment:

To “make myself a Rav” is to make a relationship to our primary teacher. We sculpt our understanding and feelings toward him in a way that (hopefully) leads us in the right direction. To make a Rav is to look toward this master with respect and diligently try to absorb what he has to give. “To make” implies a building of something, a process, and a certain type of free choice. Even when I wrestle with myself I ought to consider the teacher’s offerings as medicine.

My impression of Dr Laitman after watching this clip is that he truly believes in what he practices. Not just believes like a story, but believes like he’s felt it, like this path has changed him somehow.  All i see is a man trying his best in this world to play his part in our system, and who is profoundly caring for people.

Ricardo Alves
      Participant

2. Think about the role the teacher has in our spiritual path, and write in a few sentences, what do I have to do in order to “make myself a Rav”

Answere: I have to evolve along with my group and attain spirituality.

3. Share your impression of Rav on this forum after watching this clip

Answere: He is sharing a legacy with the humankind, this legacy doesn’t belong to him.
      Rav lightman is being a very big means to humankind archive spirituality.

Jarrett Twaddle
      Participant

In order to make myself a Rav I must nullify before the Rav and attain his state. With an open heart I must subjugate myself to the environment he deems worthy for me and follow his commands.
      Rav is a lot like a parent fulfilling a role. He doesn’t think too highly of himself, but nonetheless recognizes that his position is one whose actions and words must be executed with tact and, may even feel compelled or even responsible to do so – like a parent feeding a child broccoli.

Lesson 3 homework assignment:

1. Watch the Clip – Relationship to one’s spiritual teacher
      https://vimeo.com/641290806/4889af7dfa

2. Think about the role the teacher has in our spiritual path, and write in a few sentences, what do I have to do in order to “make myself a Rav”

3. Watch clip about Rav from the documentary “into truth”
      Share your impression of Rav on this forum after watching this clip

Kristina
        Participant

Fully committed choice and desire to put myself under the influence of the teacher. The goal is to accomplish the fulfillment of the purpose of “my life” according to the Creator’s plan and I have to trust that the teacher is capable to teach the group/me accordingly. I need to keep the desire to learn the truth from him, which I don’t trust myself to be aware of, but I trust him to have attained, so I have to follow the teacher’s instructions and fully submit myself to him.

My impression is that Rav is speaking the truth and that he is a genuine, humble, dedicated, lovable person.

Ann Stephens
        Participant

Rav, having attained adhesion with the Creator, desires now only to bestow to his students, to hand us the keys to reach his level of attainment. His students are able to reach their goal only to the extent that they place greatness and importance upon the rav, which they show by making great effort to follow his instructions, which are the keys he is delighted to hand to us.

Rav Laitman, as a single person in a long chain of Kabbalists before him, has given his life over to his work of passing along this immeasurably important wisdom. He is humbled before his teachers, whom he sees as great and worthy of his utmost effort.

Viewing 4 posts - 25 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.