Ask anything about the lesson and materials and get an answer from a KabU senior instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation 2. The Hidden Language of the Zohar Ask anything about the lesson and materials and get an answer from a KabU senior instructor.

Ask anything about the lesson and materials and get an answer from a KabU senior instructor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Manuela
      Participant

So, talking by extremes, I could read the Book in a language I do not know and receive the Light that Reforms anyway? What level of undestanding is needed (if needed) to interact with the text? PS I am asking this question because I am from Italy and I was wondering whether it’d be better reading the Book of Zohar in English or finding a translation (if any). ThankU so much!

Bonnie A. Bus
      Participant

Hoe do you know the words of Zohar is working while reading?

Dear Bonnie,

This is indeed a great question! When one studies the Zohar, one draws the Light that reforms, and precisely this Upper Light working on a person, shifting one’s qualities from self-reception to similitude to the Upper Force’s qualities of love and bestowal, is “knowing” that the Book of Zohar is working on its reader.

One gradually acquires the proper vessels to sense the Upper Force’s qualities, and the Zohar is a supreme tool in aiding one in this process.

Best of luck!

Christian @KabU

James Wright
      Participant

In the Related materials video, Rav Laitman explains that when the Zohar is written in other languages besides Aramaic and Hebrew it becomes distorted. Does reading the text in English still have the same effect, or is it diminished or altered? Is there a particular English translation that is most recommended?

Dear James,

One can say the Zohar gets diluted when it is not in its original language, but it still certainly has the surrounding Light. When one properly engages in the study, one can still draw this Light and it will reform and perform corrections on a person.

Zohar For All is the most recommended translation: https://kabbalahmedia.info/sources/yUcfylRm

Good luck!

Christian @KabU

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.