Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 367 through 372 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello, my questions relates to the fact that I feel anxious when I am not studying or listening to the Kabu videos or meeting with the friends on Sunday.  Sometimes I even wake up at night wondering about the events in life that bother me and I try to find an answer thinking “There is none else besides him” that is to say, I cannot do anything because it is already decided by the Creator!  The only thing is to think how the events that happen in life can give me a lesson of life!

Is this anxiety normal? Is that how we build our desire for spirituality?  and are these corrections?

Thank you

Hi Esmeralda, good question!

We all go through many ups and downs on the spiritual path. This is normal. The important thing is to just keep going, to keep placing yourself under the influence of the light, and it’ll balance everything out.  So it’s good to set aside some time to regularly return to the Kabbalistic study. But it does not mean that we can disconnect from the corporeal world, there needs to be a balance in our corporeal life as well.

The Kabbalists tell us “no flour, no Torah – no Torah, no flour”. Meaning a Kabbalist continues to exist on the level of this world throughout the entire spiritual ladder. So I cannot just turn into a monk and disconnect from this life and only focus on spirituality. On the other hand, if I only focus on corporeality, then I’m no different than an animal. So the important thing is to find the right balance between the two: to take care of all of one’s normal necessities: to work, take care of the family, health, etc (this is called flour) and to set aside some time to focus on spirituality (this is called Torah).

As for “there is none else besides Him”, we cannot just live by this maxim, we need to attain it. The correct way to work with this concept is to split our work to internal and external. Externally I continue to exist on the level of this world so I must function in a normal way in society, follow the normal rules and laws of society, to work, take care of my family, health, etc. Meaning to live my life and take care of all of my problems in the normal way.

And internally, I try to attribute everything that is happening to the Creator, to “none else besides Him”. But this is our internal work and it does not cancel out any of the normal external actions that we need to take.

We’ll learn about this concept in the more advanced lessons, in the meantime check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/10/if-i-am-not-for-myself-then-no-one-will-help-me/

Albert @ KabU

Yeshayahu Slate
      Participant

Hello!

Thanks so much for putting KabU together. It looks like a great resource, and I suspect I’ll be taking several courses here. I have a couple of questions coming from my perspective as a scholar, a Noachide, and a “mystic” (the term is loaded, but such are the limitations of language).

First; in 2006, Tony Kosinec authored a paper called “Kabbalah and the building of a new civilization” for the World Futures journal. Is that paper available anywhere?

Second, do you have any general advice on how to integrate Torah and Kabbalah? I think am starting to see the connections between the two, but would be eager to learn if there are any fundamental principles for Noachides in terms of lived or practiced spirituality.

Third, how do we determine what world we are operating in, or which of the 125 steps we have ascended to? I suspect that this is done in partnership with a teacher or mentor, but was just curious.

Thanks!

-YS

Hi Yeshayahu, great questions!

1. I don’t think so, but you can ask Tony directly during the live Q/A event. The next one is schedule for Dec 19th. Check out this link for more details:  https://kabuconnect.com/live/

2. Practical Kabbalah does not involve any rituals or customs. Practical Kabbalah is the process by which we correct our egoistic nature, from reception to bestowal, and thereby become similar to the Creator. We perform this change by “studying Torah”. Torah comes from the word Ohr (light). So when Kabbalists use the term “studying Torah”, they are not referring to the physical book, but rather to the light. This is a special force that we extract from the authentic Kabbalistic writings, by which we can correct our egoistic nature.

And although the Torah is indeed a Kabbalistic book, in our days, we usually don’t study it directly. This is because egoism grows from generation to generation, so Kabbalah, the method for its correction, needs to get adapted in each generation for that level of egoism. For example it’s like in medicine, if a person has a headache he can just drink a tylenol and that’s enough to fix him. But if it’s not just a little headache but something cancerous, then that tylenol won’t do anything for him but he needs a completely different regime to heal himself.

This is why Kabbalah gets adapted in each generation to the level of egoism that is currently found in that generation. So although there were many different Kabbalists and Kabbalistic books throughout the generations, nowadays we mainly learn from the writings of Baal HaSulam and Rabash, since their writings contains the light that is most suitable to correct the egoism that is found in our generation.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/11/the-great-kabbalists-and-their-works/

What Came First, The Torah Or The Wisdom Of Kabbalah?

3. We’re not yet on any spiritual degree, we’re still in the preparation period prior to the spiritual ladder. But once we start to do real spiritual work, we can measure our progress in our attitude towards other points in the hearts. That I’ll feel how my attitude towards them changes from complete indifference, all the way until I feel them as pieces of my soul. We’ll learn more about this in the more advanced lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Ale
      Participant

Hi. I just want to know if it’s ok to tell some people about kabbalah even if right now they are not seeking spirituality. Or is it better I allow them to encounter kabbalah when their time is right? I just want to share this like when you’re eating really good chocolate and you go”yummy try this!”

Hi Ale, good question!

In general, it’s not recommended to talk about spirituality with others that are not on the path. It’s impossible for a person without an active point in the heart to understand these things. It just leads to unnecessary arguments which ultimately harms both them and us.

It harms them because we naturally try to justify ourselves, to prove our path to them, or even to force our path onto them, which violates the rule that “there is no coercion in spirituality”. It’s like forcing a 5 year old to do something sexual, which they are clearly not ready for. It’s an extreme example, but you understand how such things can mess a person up for life. Likewise when we try to force this path onto others that are not ready for it, it can mess them up spiritually for a whole lifetime.

Or these arguments can harms us, since our opinions on spirituality will mix with their opinions and our desire for spirituality, the most precious thing we have in life, will weaken more and more. So the best thing to do when outside of the spiritual environment is to act normal, just like everyone else. And when speaking with people outside the path, talk about the normal everyday life and not about spirituality.

And if you think someone is interested in spirituality, instead of arguing or going into any explanations, simply give them one of the beginner books as a present or send them a link to the course. This is the safest approach.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/11/only-people-with-the-point-in-the-heart-can-feel-that-kabbalah-is-the-salvation/

Albert @ KabU

Ale
          Participant

Thank you so much. It makes perfect sense now. I wouldn’t want to ruin it for them. I’ll wait. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello, I am wondering that if the Creator wants us to “Connect” in this world, it means that not only in the Kabbalistic group but in our everyday life we should make the effort of “connecting”:  connecting is also accepting the group, without judgment and trying to find solutions in a peaceful manner!  In a group of students, in the neighborhood, in the family, etc;

Is this really what counts?  The transformation that we that study kabbalah begin to feel and start connecting with groups with the intention of the Creator?

Thank you,

Ale
        Participant

Thank you so much. It makes perfect sense. I wouldn’t want to ruin it for them. I’ll wait. 🙂

Hi Esmeralda, good question!

It all depends on your goal in life. If your goal is to correct your nature and thereby to reveal the Creator, the quality of love and bestowal, this is only possible in mutual work with other points in the hearts. This is why we practice this type of connection only within the Kabbalistic group.

If you practice this anywhere else, in the best case scenario you’ll build some good relationships, in the worst case, people will think you’re weird or try to take advantage of you. But either way it will not lead to the revelation of the Creator. So generally with the rest of the world it’s best to just act normal, like everyone else. Meaning don’t make a saint of yourself and at the same time don’t cause harm to others, but just act the way normal people act.

Albert @ KabU

Maria-Powers
      Participant

Hello

I’m grateful to be learning. Thank you. And i will place an order soon

Christina
      Participant

Hello,

The Hebrew words used in Kabbalah, are they modern Hebrew or the Hebrew of the Jewish Bible? I would guess the latter, but thought I would ask, to be sure.

Hi Christina,

I’m not sure what you mean. The books written thousands of years ago like the Torah, Talmud, Zohar are Kabbalistic books. As are the more modern books like the writings of the Ari, Rabash, Baal HaSulam.

As for the language used, just like Latin is used by medicine and doctors, and Italian is used by musicians, the wisdom of Kabbalah uses Hebrew and Aramaic. They were both discovered by Adam when he first revealed spirituality. The Kabbalists developed these languages in order to convey spiritual phenomena. In general, Hebrew is used to describe actions of the light while Aramaic is used to describe the actions of the Kli (the vessel, meaning the desire to receive).

But it doesn’t mean that we need to learn Hebrew or Aramaic, since the spoken language is not important here. What is important is for us to understand the basic terms that we use in Kabbalah. We’ll learn these gradually throughout the course.

Check out this article for more details about the importance of the Hebrew language: http://www.kabbalah.info/eng/content/view/frame/60270?/eng/content/view/full/60270&main

As well as this blog post from Rav Laitman : https://laitman.com/2016/12/the-letters-as-models-for-managing-our-world/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 367 through 372 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.