Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 421 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      elnaz
      Participant

hi
      The first time that i hered about kabbalah from my brother (about four years ago) i pissed of and didn’t wanna except it. i always said “why are you talking like that the kabbalah is the only way to answers?
      i asked this question for several years and i was looking for a way to prove it that i can reach to the top with out studying kabbalah.
      but now im here and im trying to get to somthing with studying and sometimes i doubt about it but i couldn’t find a better way.Is this ok if we doubt it?

Hi Elnaz,

Yes, that’s fine. It’s written that “there is no greater pleasure than the resolution of doubts”. This is because spirituality is built on the combination of two polar opposites: bestowal and reception. In every new degree, we discover new challenges and new doubts on how to go about doing this. When we succeed in that, we feel an outburst of joy and pleasure. Afterwards we grow and discover greater challenges and doubts, and so forth throughout the entire spiritual ladder of development.

It’s just like with the puzzles that we give kids to help them grow and develop. In the 1st grade, we give them easy puzzles. They solve them and grow. Then in the 2nd grade we give them more challenging puzzles, etc.

Likewise with us, once we resolve one set of doubts, we grow and reveal a new degree with a whole new set of doubts. And we shouldn’t despair from this, but understand that it’s specifically thanks to this process that we grow and develop spiritually.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/06/the-benefit-of-the-doubt/

Albert @ KabU

Jasmine
      Participant

I wonder how does Kabbalah change people? What should I expect to see in my future self if I continue with learning this knowledge? Are there any testimonies of other students who have advanced in this knowledge?

It’s quite funny to learn and to realize that I am created as the will to receive. I felt such relief when I learned this because it helped me not run away from my self and nature. I feel peace knowing that the creator wanted me as I am in this aspect, constantly desiring something, and intended for me to be a receiver of its infinite and creative nature.

Hi Jasmine,

When we study Kabbalah, we learn about our higher states of development and begin to yearn to be there. This yearning evokes the light and the light gradually correct us, adapts us to those higher levels, until we begin to feel them in practice.

In other words, we study not in order to gain knowledge, but in order to extract more light. It’s ultimately the light that makes all the changes on us, our job is to just extract more and more of it, especially during the Kabbalistic studies.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

As for our future selves, we learn that we’re all parts of a single interconnected system, like cells within one body. We begin to reveal this connection gradually, starting from a small Kabbalistic group, as if reconnecting a single organ of that body. And then we add another organ and another, until we expand this connection to the whole world.

In our connection is where we reveal the Creator. He is like the glue that makes it possible for us to connect. This is essentially the goal of Kabbalah, to help us correct ourselves until we reveal the Creator in practice, in our lives.

We’ll learn about this in the upcoming lessons, in the meantime check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/05/puzzle-adam-harishon/

Albert @ KabU

Shaun Nortje
      Participant

Thank you for this week’s lesson.

How would one be able to discern where on the level of 125 levels one would be at, or even perhaps worlds?

Are you existing in all of them(the worlds), at the same time, but just consciously aware of one of them at any one time?

Hi Shaun,

We’re not yet on any spiritual degree, we’re still in the preparation period prior to the spiritual ladder. But once we start to do real spiritual work, we can measure our progress in our attitude towards other points in the hearts. That I’ll feel how my attitude towards them changes, from complete indifference, all the way until I feel them as pieces of my soul. We’ll learn more about this in the more advanced lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Ed
      Participant

Hello,

From what I gathered from the videos and reading is that the first Kabbalahistic book was written by Adam, then Abraham, Moses and so on. I am wondering if books like the Books of Enoch, or The Book of Jashur or some of the other apocryphal books were written by kabbalahists? Thanks!

Hi Ed,

I’m not an expert in such things, we can speculate one way or another, but ultimately it would just be speculations.

In any case, we need to keep in mind that there have been many books written by Kabbalists throughout the generations, but we don’t really study them directly in our days. In our days we mainly study from the writings of Baal HaSulam and Rabash. This is because egoism grows from generation to generation, so Kabbalah, the method for its correction, needs to get adapted in each generation for that level of egoism. For example it’s like in medicine, if a person has a headache he can just drink a tylenol and that’s enough to fix him. But if it’s not just a little headache but something cancerous, then that tylenol won’t do anything for him but he needs a completely different regime to heal himself.

This is why Kabbalah gets adapted in each generation to the level of egoism that is currently found in that generation. So although there were many different Kabbalists and Kabbalistic books throughout the generations, nowadays we mainly learn from the writings of Baal HaSulam and Rabash, since their writings contains the light that is most suitable to correct the egoism that is found in our generation.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/11/the-great-kabbalists-and-their-works/

Albert @ KabU

Ed
          Participant

Thanks!

Greg
      Participant

My recognition of my nature, created as the will to receive is perhaps a beginner thing for some, but now I see it everywhere in my life, and I don’t like it at all. It’s almost like I am spiritually “hungry” all the time. From my understanding Kabbalah is perhaps a progressive science, and it may take time to develop how to deal with this feeling because I don’t think it’s going to go away anytime soon. How does one cope with this?

As a follow up question, how does one deal with the dichotomies between spiritual growth and practicalities of day-to-day living?

Hi Greg, great questions!

1. If you don’t see your nature as standing in your way, then you have no drive to do anything about it. So it’s good when we reveal such things. It’s only then that we have a true prayer for the Creator to correct us.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2017/03/what-is-prayer/

2. We need to find a good balance between our corporeal lives and our spiritual aspirations. Without a good balance in our corporeal lives, we won’t be able to advance in spirituality either. This is called “no flour, no Torah – no Torah, no flour”.

Meaning a Kabbalist continues to exist on the level of this world throughout the entire spiritual ladder. So I cannot just turn into a monk and disconnect from this life and only focus on spirituality. On the other hand, if I only focus on corporeality, then I’m no different than an animal.

So the important thing is to find the right balance between the two: to take care of all of one’s normal necessities: to work, take care of the family, health, etc (this is called flour) and to set aside some time on a regular basis to focus on spirituality (this is called Torah).

And in the more advanced stages of our development, we will see how our day to day life helps us with our spiritual development.

Albert @ KabU

Greg
      Participant

I had never thought

Greg
        Participant

Thank you, Albert.

Sometimes thoughts come to me seemingly randomly, but a while back I came to the idea that instead of always asking for things and favors from him, that simply asking to be in his presence would be what I want. To commune with him without an agenda.

Trying to be still during these times is difficult because the mind wanders. My thought process is that if we are to continuously ask for things and favors from an earthly person and nothing else, perhaps someone we want a relationship with, it would drive them away so why do we treat him with this kind of disrespect?

Thank you for the link to the Dr’s article, it is my desire to ask only for the correction of my ego and to be part of his universal love.

Greg
        Participant

Oops, fat fingers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 421 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.