Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 445 through 450 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Craig
      Participant

OK so last night I had a very strange dream about my son I don’t want to really put it out there a lot but it was so real that when I woke up I could not stop thinking about it and when I tried to go to sleep the dream keeped going until the end it was like a warning. Now with you saying that we are all like shattered souls and we are all one would that be the creator trying to worn me about something? Like could the sixth sense be communicating with the creator in my sleep?

Michael Abrahams
      Participant

What is there in Kabbalah that makes it different from all that has been said, such as mysticism, religion, and so on?
      What can convince me to abandon other methods of meditation or meditation and choose Kabbalah? In fact, can Kabbalah show me that in practice it brings me closer to the true Creator of the universe? Or are his claims only theoretical?

Hi Michael, great questions!

Kabbalah is a science. So when we make the distinction that Kabbalah is not mysticism, by this we mean to say that it’s not something airy or detached from nature, rather it’s very much so grounded into nature, into researching and applying the laws of nature. And when we make the distinction that Kabbalah is not a religion, by this we mean to say that it’s not based on blind faith or belief, but rather on the empirical research of the Kabbalists. Furthermore, if we follow this method, try to replicate it, we should reach the same results that they did, meaning the correction of our egoistic nature and as a result the revelation of the Creator in our lives.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/01/kabbalah-and-other-sciences-philosophy-and-religion/

As for convincing you to follow this method, we don’t do such things here. This follows the rule that “there is no coercion in spirituality”.  So no one can tell you if this method is for you or not, you need to feel it for yourself.

Albert @ KabU

Muhammad Tanim
      Participant

Shalom,

Anthony Kosinec told that Kabbalah is the science to acknowledge realities of this world and the five worlds remaining beyond or perceptions. Did Adam and Eve attain those five worlds before their fall?

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, you can say that. But keep in mind that Kabbalah does not relate to the stories in the Torah as literal stories since the Torah is written entirely in a type of code called the language of roots and branches. Meaning it uses words of our world to describe spiritual phenomena. As such, not a single word in the Torah is speaking about our world, history, etc.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2016/05/dispelling-myths-about-kabbalah-part-4/

Albert @ KabU

KatieBug
      Participant

I got a tad confused on one part of the lesson. Was Tony saying that one of tge misconceptions is that we had to master preliminary wisdom before coming to kabbalah, or was he saying that if we have not mastered them or understood them that we will not understand kabbala?

Are the preliminary wisdoms a requirement in order to understand the wisdom of kabbalah?

Hi Katie,

He’s saying that this is a misconception, that there are no preliminary requirements. Baal HaSulam wrote about it in one of his letters:

“I shall tell you that in the past, it was necessary to obtain all seven secular teachings and undergo terrible self-torments prior to attaining the Creator. Yet, not many were rewarded with the Creator’s favor. But since we have been rewarded with the teachings of the Ari and the work of the Baal Shem Tov, it is truly within everyone’s reach, and no further preparation is required.” 

In other words, in our days, there is no need for any preliminary wisdoms. The only condition to studying Kabbalah in our days is the desire to do so. If a person has such a desire, called the point in the heart, then this entire wisdom is open before them. If not, then no. This follows the rule that “there is no coercion in spirituality”.

Albert @ KabU

KatieBug
          Participant

Thank you so much. That’s what I thought he was saying but I wanted to be 100% sure I heard him correctly.

Beth
      Participant

Many traditions pray for the dead. How is this viewed from a Kabbalistic point of view? Put another way, do prayers for the dead help the deceased soul?

Hi Beth,

Kabbalists view life and death in a completely different way. Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for an example: https://laitman.com/2013/06/life-and-death-in-the-eyes-of-a-kabbalist/

But regardless of how Kabbalah views these things, don’t think that Kabbalists are against us following our traditions. Quite the opposite. Kabbalists write that even after the full spiritual correction, a person can keep their religious customs and traditions.

In other words, it’s encouraged to maintain your traditions even while studying Kabbalah. So if there are certain customs and traditions that your family is used to doing, if these things are not harmful to others, then by all means, keep doing them.

As for the spiritual corrections that we talk about in Kabbalah, these things have nothing to do with the actions we perform with our hands and feet, but rather these are internal corrections, corrections of our intention. We’ll learn more about this in the upcoming lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Patty kitchens
      Participant

Why people don’t take kabbalah University as a course to understand the bible better?

Hi Patty, good question!

The bible is written entirely in a type of code called the language of roots and branches. This code uses words of our world but speaks entirely about spiritual phenomena. To truly understand this code, we need to reveal spirituality. We do that by becoming similar to spirituality, to the spiritual qualities of love and bestowal. In other words, we need to correct our opposite egoistic nature to operate in the direction of bestowal. Only then, once we’re similar to spirituality, will we understand this code.

But not everyone is ready for such a correction. Only those with an awakened point in the heart feel the need for this. While the rest of the world prefers to just keep existing and operating within their egoistic nature. And that’s fine. After all, “there is no coercion in spirituality”.  So we shouldn’t pressure anyone into this. If someone has the point in the heart, they will naturally aspire to fulfill it, if not, they will not.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/11/only-people-with-the-point-in-the-heart-can-feel-that-kabbalah-is-the-salvation/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 445 through 450 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.