What makes it so difficult for us to agree with the results of the research on pro-social spending that was presented in the lesson?

New Home Forums Course Forums Happiness 1. Sharing or Hoarding: What Makes Me Happy? What makes it so difficult for us to agree with the results of the research on pro-social spending that was presented in the lesson?

KabU
    Participant

What makes it so difficult for us to agree with the results of the research on pro-social spending that was presented in the lesson?

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Maria
      Participant

I have no difficulty agreeing, as I have felt exactly what the researchers says. I loved to give and spent my time, money, etc. on people. As I used to say: “I prefered to spend on creating moments than on material things”. The problem is that I wasn’t aware of the fact that I prefered that because my will to receive was not after material goods, but after recognition and human connections; and when I didn’t get them I felt hurt or dissappointed. I’m saying more than I would had chosen, but it’s my most honest answer.

Rae
      Participant

I’ve experienced great joy when able to spend time and money on others- but to be honest – these were only “my” kids. I overspent on them as it turned out and this caused problems 😂

Still, those are some of my happiest moments of my life, thus far. And I’ve enjoyed since then volunteering when I had no money and those I helped had even less.  I learned that one has to have a certain amount of money to learn ( by mistake) what to do with it. And egoism will always have its way so that enough is never enough…

Short answer: egoism (doing what it does throughout the social network)

Peter
      Participant

I don’t find it so hard to believe that this pro-social spending would make me a bit more happy. It is hard though, to imagine that it would make me much happier.

johan semloh
      Participant

Our “will to receive” remains intact and continues to be our primary point of operation socially.

Reinaldo
      Participant

Because our ego and self interest (the will to receive) that are extremely potencialized by the media and consumerism.

Samuel Sebban
      Participant

our fear to lack

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.