How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 3. Understanding Your Inner Self How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

• This topic has 93 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.
Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Mel Farrell
      Participant

By giving to receive from the creator

rosemarie tropf
      Participant

Maybe by me giving from my heart. When I see others uplifted and know this pleases the creator keeps me going. Love is very satisfying and there is an endless source of that from the creator.

Molly
      Participant

By desiring the pleasure of giving to others and therefore the creator.
      This type of pleasure is not quenched by the fulfilment of a single desire but extends fulfilment endlessly.

Haze
      Participant

By only receiving a portion of that pleasure, and giving the rest back. Now that I think about it, this sounds just like an electrical circuit …

Dory
      Participant

when we realize things we buy or eat or see will not make us happy. only buy what you need, eat only to nourish the body and realize that what u see is from the creator?

Annmarie
      Participant

We shouldn’t be satisfied because we need the desires for satisfaction to give us motivation to build our desires to correct our egoism. I love the EGO Formula: Expected pleasure minus expected effort = pleasure>effort=movement; as effort>pleasure=no movement.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.