I think I am “my own person,” but am I really making decisions about my life that are completely independent? Being the social creatures that we are, where is our free choice?

New Home Forums Course Forums Crossroads Film Course #2: WHO ARE WE? I think I am “my own person,” but am I really making decisions about my life that are completely independent? Being the social creatures that we are, where is our free choice?

KabU
    Participant

I think I am “my own person,” but am I really making decisions about my life that are completely independent? Being the social creatures that we are, where is our free choice?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Lu Lu
      Participant

No free will or choice

Purity K
      Participant

There is no free choice.

Adelina Santos
      Participant

We don’t have free choice, except by choosing the right environment.

Christianne
      Participant

ik voel me  onafhankelijk en vrij maar ben dat niet. alles wat gebeurt loopt volgens het plan van de creator,  is al door Hem beslist ,   misschien ben ik wel als een marionet aan een koordje  al voel ik het zo niet  omdat ik een vrije wil  kreeg  . Trouwens de  hele maatschappij zit vol regels en wetten   die me onvrij maken maar nodig en nuttig zijn in de samenleving. Ik kan wel beslissen ove mijn  keuze tot huwen ofniet kinderen krijgen  of niet  mijn loopbaankeuze,   woonplaats , vrienden,  enz    en hopen dat ik de g0ede keuzes maakte.

Mihaela
      Participant

We have a free choice not to blindly follow the masses, but instead to follow the path of the soul that wonders how and why we exists.

Rune T. A.
      Participant

I can choose how to react to my thoughts and emotions. I can choose to be or not to be, an asshole. I don’t choose to feel sympathy, but I can react on my sympathy and help, or I can overwrite it and be passive.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.