Ask

benzi giertz

Ask anything about the lesson and materials and get an answer from a KabU senior instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Shalom Hebrew Students—

Later today the PowerPoint presentations for Lesson 3 and Lesson 4 should be posted.  Dr. Benzi suggested that they should be posted also with his speaker notes included.  Even though these were notes for his use during the lecture part of the class, he thinks that the notes might also be useful material for you.  They can remind you of the lesson content and also summarize much of the material.  So, look for these.

Hoping this will be helpful to you,

Rivka

Susana
        Participant

Thank you very much!  It is really very useful

Katel
      Participant

Shalom Rivka,

Could you please take another look at the Week 3 practice workshop? It appears that the Week 2 replay was uploaded by instead.

Eberhard
      Participant

This was a great idea in today’s workshop. Let’s open a Telegram channel and do our homework together. In this way, nobody will be left behind.

Katel
        Participant

Shalom Ebernard, I’m open to joining a shared Telegram channel to collaborate further on homework.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Katel.
        • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Katel.
        Elle Lynn
        Participant

This is a good idea. Not sure how to do it.

Thanks

Susana
          Participant

I also think it’s a good idea to stay connected, you can contact me by email: [email protected] and by phone: 0034665397642. Thanks friends.

Eberhard
          Participant

Shalom, Elle Lynn! I think our support will create a channel for us. She/he has our connection dates and might like to join us there.

Eberhard
      Participant

Dear friends, I’m using an easy app besides the course, for training. There are several to compare. I chose Memrise.

Maria B. W12
      Participant

Dear Rivka,
      Thanks a lot for all the aditional info. However, by today’s Lesson 3, I need to review my entry in this great learning group and Dr. Grieson’s fantastic tutoring.
      I guess that I misunderstood the original message that it is good for beginners, too. But even by today I’m still struggling with the first 9 letters, their writing and recognition, save for reading continuously the homework of Lesson 2 for today. It is because I’m indeed a total beginner,  have never been in an Ivrit speaking environment and do see that I need to take it a lot more slowly – from a very basic module.

Recognising my mistake and misunderstanding, I’m honestly contemplating stopping with this group, before slowing down their  learning / Dr. Grieson’s tuition impetus, and rather search for another course for my true  “vav” level.

Dear Maria,

Of course, you should decide what is best for you.  I encourage you to hang in a little longer if you can though.  This is why:  By the end of Lesson 4, you will be familiar with all the letters and vowels.  At that point, when you look back on the Hebrew lessons in the first several lesson that seem difficult for you now, I think that you will find them easy and understandable.  They seemed hard at first because you don’t know the letters yet.  Because of that, we expect you to totally rely on the English transliterations of the words in the first Hebrew lessons.  Until you learn the letters, you will need to rely on the English transliteration.  In one more lesson, you will know the letters and this will make everything seem so much easier.  You still may not feel that you know the letters well at this point, but from then on, reading the words will be the review and repetition that will end out making you feel comfortable with the new alphabet.

I would also say that you are certainly not alone in being a complete beginner.  I listened in on some of the breakout rooms during the webinars saw that there are many who are just beginning their journey into Hebrew.  So, you are not alone!  Be patient and confident that it will come.  I am going to pass your concerns on the Dr. Benzi because it’s important feedback.  Let’s find out how many are feeling a bit overwhelmed and need more repetition of the letters and vowels before going ahead.  I’m sure that he can use the webinar for activities that will help with feeling comfortable with the alphabet.

I hope that you will come to the webinar on Wednesday and let’s find a way to give those who need it some excellent drill on the letters and vowels.

Rivka

Here is a summary of what Dr. Benzi said in answer to your question:

“Every letter is 100% egoism Plus some extent of bestowal according to the intention of bestowal it has. when all the letters add together we get 100% of bestowal but still this is considered just as a form of the 100% of reception because that doesn’t change as the Creator created the desire to receive. The Gematria is a numerical value of of bestowal of each spiritual configuration which is comprised of letters.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.