Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 3. Understanding Your Inner Self – Video Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Tom
      Participant

Tony Kosinec has a way of explaining the desire and how the feeling of fulfillment at first causes pleasure, and then disappears as the need, or desire, goes away, that I can understand because of the way he teaches.  He and the other instructors I’ve listened to so far have caused me to want to learn more about Kabbalah because they explain it in a way that makes sense to me.  Not some mystical or esoteric nonsense that I can’t understand.

I get how eating a big steak is pleasurable at first, but by the time you finish eating it, it no longer gives me pleasure.  But it makes it clear to me also that the need, or desire to eat steak will not just go away because a day or more later I’ll want to eat another steak.  That need is not truly fulfilled.  It keeps coming back.

henry
      Participant

La insatisfacción constante en este mundo es causada por el deseo egoísta de recibir, el cual se satisface temporalmente para luego reaparecer con igual o mayor intensidad. Solo el deseo espiritual de otorgar nos lleva al crecimiento de nuestra vasija y al ascenso hacia los mundos superiores.

J
      Participant

It seems that the more pleasure I can receive from the Creator to satisfy my desires I can use anything bestowed by Him once my desires are fulfilled and bestow this onto other creatures in order to please the Creator.

J
      Participant

I think I am right in saying that once we have fulfilled our desires we can increase our desires and any fulfilment that we have received from the Creator that is in excess to our desires we can bestow onto others not to receive pleasure for ourselves but to please the Creator.

Jan Koons
      Participant

May my (and all creature’s) intentions come easily now to help my desire to automatically remember that my desire the Creator

Ed Mereoară
      Participant

Allways thinking how to satisfy somebody else needs in order you to get fulfilment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.