Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation 4. The History of the Book of Zohar Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Graphic Unity
      Participant

It Seems to me that the wisdom passed down from Rav Akiva (who saw the 2nd Temple) and Divinely elucidated to Rashbi and his disciples makes clear sense.

Adelina Santos
      Participant

Hi.

When we read the Zohar the kabbalist describes the world of roots he attains, by describing its branch in our world. Can we partially understand the spiritual root by sensing its branch?

Thank You,

Adelina

henry
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Es muy interesante el origen del Zohar por parte de Rabbi Simón bar Yochai y el grupo de discípulos, y su aplicación como postula Baal ha Sulam con el método del grupo de 10 ( según el número de sefirot) a fin de lograr la corrección de la humanidad, ahora que se ha cumplido el periodo profetizado.</p>

Mike
      Participant

There is always a disconnect between what can be proven by scientific methods for historical evidence versus the traditional histories of groups like this. I see this Kabbalah tradition in particular stresses the updating of correction methodology for each successive ego-expansion era, recognizing that the methods of correction in prior eras are not appropriate to the new conditions.  So I appreciate that there is scholastic debate over timing and personalities involved, but I am interested mainly in the updated correction methodology for us today as presented by this particular authentic tradition of practicing Kabbalists. It is good to know the traditional history, and not get drawn into the debates of professors who do not actually engage in the intentions/processes of correction. That’s one of the key takeaways for me here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.