Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

New Home Forums Course Forums The Meaning of Life Contemplation Kit PART ONE What Are You Really Asking? Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Marietjie
      Participant

I felt such a relief when I started to consider that maybe reason for the fact that I had not find the answer to my question in my searches, was because the answer is not in this world! I most probably was just searching in the wrong place.

Jasminz
      Participant

That’s an interesting aspect, to questioning the meaning of life and I indeed do that since I am aware of being able to do questioning, what came very late, about 9 or ten years , according through circumstances I couldn’t choose, but it seems that this vacuumed time concentrated all my impressions about the world, G‘d and life, that the questions came automatically into my mind, just because I had spent too long in a state of silence and I learned with the years more and more to express myself. When I was a youngster I used to listen and chant to Bob Marley‘s music , I especially loved to hear and sing ‚soul rebel‘ and ‚natural mystic‘ interestingly whenever I did a big clean up, in outer and inner aspect. My mother disliked this development of me and she did not accept that I questioned anything in my life within the family and there always has been quarrels between us, I couldn’t understand. When I started to study philosophy and I got all possible opportunities to questioning almost everything, I really felt released and delighted and yet there were some things out of traditions I used to keep, for to questioning life means not to give up to behave like a human being and that was something my environment did not understand, either at university nor in my homeland and my family does interestingly regress on their dislike to know me questioning everything in the world, but don’t agree in to be forced in any direction or relationship. My study time was in sum indeed a paradoxical time, for everything in the world opened to me miraculously through my questions and I searched very deep for answers, within myself, in books, in my environment and encounters, my family, everywhere and everything and the more I learned to find answers, the more I got disliked and detested, rejected and harassed as well. So I wasn’t able to enjoy my enlightenment about life, that was a process that slumbered so many decades in me and I really was upset and sad about that I found very less resonance and more less appreciation and understand, not to speak about the missed help and support and that was the point where I started to questioning even more, for how could it be, that my freedom and inner peace brought dissatisfaction, frustration and anger into the world. I probably won’t ever solve this problem, nor will I ever understand this paradox, but I learned that this has nothing to do with me and that there’s no need to hinder me, nor even a right and I am not willing to give up my free will and to make decisions on my own and continue to learn, even if people surround me would need to have me as unknown as before my journey started. And my journey didn’t end, it’s just different from the years before and yet I have so much to discover and questioning and discover and questioning, and I will do that as long as I am able to do that, regardless, how unsatisfied and angry people are with me, for it’s not my job to care for that, especially not after I already experienced that to help and support them to get an access and insight into my world and I got betrayed in my reality to become replaced and sorted out like a pair of old shoes.That’s really not what I want and need.

Stephen
      Participant

does life have to have a meaning? What makes us think that there is anything other than birth, living, and death and decay? If we believe that, then we are faced with the question, what is the purpose of our brain? clearly it is more than keeping our physical body alive and meeting our physical needs. We have the ability to question and change things outside ourselves to make life better or worse. To react to, and relate to, people around us. Each one of us has a moral compass that gives us a pathway to follow. However everyone compass seems to be different. We have an area of the Brain that if stimulated results in a spiritual experience. But everyone responds differently to that stimulation. For some it can be a positive  experience for others for others it can be a negative and frightening experience. We do not use the majority of the brains ability.

So are we nothing more than the result of years of evolution?

Yaneth
      Participant

what blew up my mind is how you describes the path of answers that human being look through religion, science, art, just feeling emptiness in my case I just has to many times but when I connected with nature and been part of the society.

Kayce
      Participant

Purpose  of life…..never ending puzzles.

Must get answer from our creator…as only god knows.

With the endless problems and day to day commitments…..question never be answered  or got buried.

Finally too late.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.