Share Your Thought About the Grad Section

New Home Forums Course Forums GE Forum – Ask Connect Inspire Share Your Thought About the Grad Section

• This topic has 65 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Rosie.

Gil
    Keymaster

The purpose of the Graduate Environment section, is to be the one stop shop for you to:

– Find the Grad lessons schedule and easily connect to your live lessons

– Easily connect to any lesson you might have missed

– Connect with students and instructors in the forum

– Get inspired daily (SoundCloud channel, Kabbalist Dr. Michael Laitman Blog, Instagram account etc.)

We are always looking for ways to improve, so please share with us any feedback you might have re this section in KabU. (Feel free to include in it what you like and also what you would like to change/improve)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Rosie
      Participant

At the end of class last night, “A Sage Speaks,” Seth asked for feedback on how he handles the class. It’s amazing. Earlier that day I read this tip from the Rav. It says much more than I could ever put into words. I hope all teachers take it to heart:
      The Allegory of Timidity, Cunning and Courage
      Kabbalist Dr. Michael Laitman
      “Timidity wanted to hide from itself, but where? Cunning advised it: “Why don’t you settle with Courage? It won’t be so scary then.” Timidity went to Courage, but was afraid to knock on the door, so Timidity just laid down on Courage’s porch. Since then, the path to courage lies through timidity.

This is true because with an egoistic nature, where we each wish to benefit ourselves at the expense of others, it is impossible to achieve courage without fear. How do courageous people deal with this? It is by overcoming timidity. It turns out that the more timid we are, and the more we overcome timidity, the braver we become.

We are fundamentally timid because our egoistic nature, which acts in a direction of self-preservation, prevents us from acting recklessly against ourselves. It naturally works to protect itself against any perception of harm that might come its way.

It is important to understand that timidity is a very strong human feeling and it protects us from several problems that we could cause ourselves and others.

We should thus not look down on people who say they are timid, as is commonly the case. We just need to know how to balance this force and take care of ourselves in any situation with consideration for how much it is needed.

There is no such thing as courage without fear, unless it is pathological. We can take animal behavior as an example. Animals do not attack recklessly, but check, make circles, and so on, and only if it is necessary do they rush forward. If a person is purely reckless and courageous, then they are not actually courageous.

In relation to these two qualities, we should weigh everything, for and against, and solely if we are convinced that there is no other way, then we can strike. Timidity and caution should be taught as qualities that help us protect ourselves and create a balanced view of the world.”
      I am still a work in progress. I am not a brave soul that can engage in endless public discourse. I’ve been living mostly isolated for several years. I’m working to change that.  I am by no means a sitting zombie on this side of the screen. I diligently take notes and listen closely in every class I attend. I enjoy the passion and the dedication shown by the teachers. I’m learning so much. My heart is overfilled with gratitude. Bless you all for your hard work and effort to help us all learn!! Thank you!

This is my equation:  Harshness, Hard, Calling people out in a pushy way = bullying.  It’s intimidating and I believe it can turn shy people and newcomers away. All types of people are here. Do we really want to see any one of them (these precious points in the heart) leave just because of a teaching method that scared them away?  So, I am not a fan of over-the-top teaching methods. I prefer kindness and measuring the temperament of the group before moving toward a more aggressive teaching style. My suggestion to pull people into the conversation more is to ask simple conversational questions that are easy to answer and can get people use to talking in front of a large group. The whole process we are learning is all about connection. I think more could be done to include even the more “timid.”

I can speak from experience.

The stress and pressure of coming up with a sane intelligent response or question in front of a large group of strangers can be, well IS overwhelming.

And how am I suppose to ask a question about something that sounds like total mental mush to me? I was told to keep listening and eventually I’ll get it. Well, that’s working. But I can do without the pressure to ask questions I don’t know how to formulate yet.

I know we are supposed to be annulling ourselves and I get that. I’m working on it and it’s a fervent prayer under my breath as I attend all these great classes. But talking in front of people is a skill I just don’t have… YET. I am learning. For some it comes natural. For me… a big nope. I think I could become very good at it, someday. I do better one on one, or in very small groups. More than a few and I still feel awkward. Once I get in a TEN and I get to know my group it’ll be wonderful, I’m sure. But in a class with over 40 people I don’t know? It’s hard. Please don’t make it harder.

Writing this out in a public space is very hard for me. I hope it’s taken with the grace, passion and love it was written with. If we want to stay true to our mission, even the ‘little ones’ the ignoble … what I once read in the Bible, should have a welcome place here too. Tears are swarming in my eyes… thinking of the people too timid to speak out but burning with an inner passion to participate. The question is, can we make it easier for them to join in?

Just thought of this… could there be a zoom meeting formed just to help people get use to being on camera and talking on a computer mic? I do not want to in any way lessen the importance of what we’re learning. But connection is what we are all working hard on… so let’s work on it. Let’s get creative and make a positive move to include more personalities, jmho.

Sarah
      Participant

HI, I ve just listened to Seth on the Sefirot.  This is truly nourishing stuff to learn, although at the moment, being new, I just feel overwhelmed, and  suppose in a way it IS learning a new language, since there are so many new concepts and words to describe them. I guess its a question of hanging on in there as they gradually sort themselves out in my mind.     It s OK not to know !

Rosie
      Participant

When you first realize just how important this study is, how important joining the friends live is, it’s a humbling experience. I’m not far away from that experience. Being new to the Grad Environment, one of the things I appreciate is the patience and kindness shown to someone who is new to list kind of environment.  I’m shy when it comes to public speaking. I have an awful memory of succumbing to an attack of stage fright.  So, just want to say a huge thank you for having an environment where I can truly grow and contribute. I’m sure with practice I will loose my jitters, not focus on myself so much and really melt into this nurturing spiritual environment.

I like the preparation that helps kindle an open and fertile mindset, ready to take on the new lesson and to get our hearts open and ready to join with the friends. I enjoy the music. Sometimes the quotes go by so fast I can’t read through them all. Would like more time to read them.

Sometimes I think the instructors try to squeeze things into the lesson and I get a sense of that pressure, and I miss some of the concepts being discussed. So, I’m very happy with the replays. Thank you.

so happy to be able to meet in real time with so many loving sincere faces.

Scott
      Participant

I’m almost 1 year into my study with Kabu (and Kabbalah in general) and the grad section, as well as the entire site has provided an easy to navigate system of learning with the classes well laid out with relevant content. Big UP to Bnei Baruch and Kabu for providing the world with such a system. The teachers are AWESOME and my life has changed for the better because of Kabbalah. I pray for us to never stray from this path and and for the society here to continue strong and growing together forever. Thanks and one love, friends

Andrew
      Participant

It appears the same video replay has been posted both for the “12/26/23” and the “1/2/23” (should be 1/2/24) sessions of “A Sage Speaks”…. would it be possible to correct the date on the website & post the replay from Tues. 1/2/24?

Clara
      Participant

Even if I still don’t have the proper attitude and expression for my gratitude, I do it in the ‘classic’ way saying a big THANK YOU to KabU, to all instructors who are guiding an accompaning us with so much wisdom and love, that they are sometimes guard rail to us when we are to loose our focus or intention, that they are an example to us about how to love. I am deep grateful to have you in my life and even if it is hard sometimes, you are such a divine gift I will never be able and adequate enough to thank for. L’Chaim friends ❤️🙏🎁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.