Based on the lesson so far, what do you think produces the optimal learning environment? If you were to create the perfect mix between collaborative, competitive and individualistic environments, what percentage would you give to each setting?

New Home Forums Course Forums Happiness 6. Better Learning: With Others or Against Others? Based on the lesson so far, what do you think produces the optimal learning environment? If you were to create the perfect mix between collaborative, competitive and individualistic environments, what percentage would you give to each setting?

KabU
    Participant

Based on the lesson so far, what do you think produces the optimal learning environment? If you were to create the perfect mix between collaborative, competitive and individualistic environments, what percentage would you give to each setting?

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ralitza
      Participant

Competitive 10%

Individualistic 30%

Collaborative 60%

Innocent Mushiya
      Participant

Collaborative 75%

Competitive 15%

Individualistic 10%

Rivka
      Participant

Based on the lesson, I think collaborative environments produces the best learning environment. However, there has to be an element of individual effort. Competitive environments are the weakest learning environments. So, based on the question I would say that a collaborative environment produces the optimal learning environment, 100%

Attila
      Participant

Hum, not sure. I guess it depends on the participants and the way they learn plus the topic they are learning.

Collaboration drives significant benefits due to diversification of thoughts

Competition (if done well) tend to bring out the best in people.

Individual learning also has its value 1; people learn differently 2; not everyone may need to know all of the same things to the same level.

So I would start with something like this and experiment to find optimal ratio for a group.

Collaboration 50 to 70%

Competitive 10 to 20%

Individual 10 to 30%.

Ty Palodichuk
      Participant

The only competition I will give any percentage to is towards the same goal, or rather against the Ego.

zohreh
      Participant

Participatory study 70%, individual study 10%, competitive study 20% and = productivity 100%

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.