Young Group with Anne Pier & Juan discussion forum

New Home Forums Course Forums GE Forum – Ask Connect Inspire Young Group with Anne Pier & Juan discussion forum

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      maria santos
      Participant

What did I take from the lesson?

How things are changing, even though we are opposites in many ways we are still have one common purpose and we need each other just like the body needs all its different parts and together they form a body. That although I was hesitant at first and really kind of dreaded the first class, I look forward now to class and coming to together with the friends, and even though I did not think I would feel a connection I do, and it gets stronger each time.

The reforming light is something I must truly want and demand, like a child asking a parent.  If I truly want it, and ask with the right intention, not just for myself but for all, the Creator will bestow it on upon me. Slowly I will start to feel the connection, a true connection, where I think about the friends throughout the week and genuinely care about how they are doing. I can see this happening already and it gives such joy and encouragement to continue with this and to know that there are others who understand and are there to help me, and I am there to help them on the journey. The friends are wonderful and special people and I look forward to connecting more and more.

Rosie
      Participant

It’s a comfort to hear what the Rav said, that he demands “the Reforming Light.” Its an invitation to us all to this clarion call for the Reforming Light. It’s there for all of us to ask for, from the bottom of our hearts.

I feel so small, still feel new here. No matter how frustrated I get with myself or how much I’m learning flies right over my head, I know enough to know that we are all a very important part of the real, reality! My heart rejoices that all my hippie feelings from decades gone by about love were not all crazy. (Well, maybe to mainstream corporeality). I yearn for a place where all are truly joined with LOVE for each other. This is that place. The exercise in being small and great in the workshops was heart warming. I feel the connection building between us. Thank you to all the friends that I was in the workshop with. You were ALL amazing!

I will share more after others comment here. Looking forward to what more friends have to say!

Al
      Participant

Many things, concepts, scrutinies, but most importantly: a bigger feeling of connection to the friends.

Thoughts about the quote:

I understand from that, that the reforming light builds something in between me and the friends, where there is no more “you” and “me”, only “us” and by that we achieve love thy neighbor as thyself, because from that viewpoint there is only one thing and no differentiation between anyone. And that’s how one can become equal to the friend and love him.

How do we make sure that we draw the reforming light with every action of ours?

By being in the right environment as much as possible and making efforts to strive for connection, elevating the importance of the goal. Trying to add to the society of friends, so that in turn we can be nourished by the society.

Rosie
        Participant

Yes Al. I feel the connection to the friends growing too. Thank you for sharing.

dree monster
      Participant

Homework week 5 connection between us 21 apr 24

Each friend leaves in the forum a short recorded message (text, audio or video):

Read the quote by Dr. Laitman:
      “What I do in this work is demand the Reforming Light. And when the Reforming Light comes to me it brings me closer to the friend, I begin to feel him close to me, and I begin to care for him, that I have a certain warmth to him, still far from the actual flame, but I can somehow say that I am beginning to get close to the matter of love. And then, when I feel such a sensation, this sensation makes us equal, equal by me not being able to think of myself, only of two, and first of him and then of myself. And so on, these are the degrees, but this is all from the Reforming Light. That’s it, so you have an exercise, be above, be below, and demand the Light that brings you the feeling of love, and then you are equal”.

Discuss on the forum:
      How do we make sure that we draw the reforming light with every action of ours

Leave in the forum a text message or a recorded audio/video message that will help build between us a demand so that none of us will be able to differentiate themselves from the others, and we will feel as one.

Last but not least:
      Remind each other of the connection throughout the week without overwhelming the friends in the chat. If you’re naturally active on the chat, make efforts to leave room for others. If you’re naturally inactive, make efforts to inspire the friends.

Sandor
      Participant

“This is the meaning of what is written about Elisha: ‘So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth; and Elijah passed over unto him, and cast his mantle upon him’ (Kings 1, 19). (Yoke means a pair of Bakar (oxen), since they were plowing with pairs of oxen together that were tightened. This is called a yoke.) Baker means Bikoret (criticism), and twelve refers to the completeness of the degree (like twelve months and twelve hours).”

I chose this excerpt that tells me and practically shows me how to allow all criticism into me to cry honestly and turn the sadness into happiness by seeing the reason, the part that needs correction in me. Therefore I immediately justify the Creator. I am also happy to see the criticism and judgment rising to a complete level when those two are just going in circles. I use this explanation quoted as my understanding that makes the faith below reason to within reason. Then often I see the actual reason for the criticism and judgment with the help of a prayer. These revelations build the faith above reason = One can be happy of getting criticism and judgment from the Creator and can correct them by prayer. Man can do this even with judgments made in the past. Like walking with 12 oxen wearing a fur mantel.

“Now we can understand the argument of Jacob and Esau. Esau said, ‘I have enough’, and Jacob said, ‘I have everything,’ meaning ‘two rows, six in a row,’ meaning within reason and above reason, which is the will to receive and the Light of Dvekut (Adhesion).”

The two together.

“Elokim”

Lora Vatalaro
      Participant

I chose an excerpt from Shamati 19. What Is “The Creator Hates the Bodies,” in the Work?

Hence, one must know that when he sees that the body claims that it belongs to the Sitra Achra, and cries the famous questions of “Who” and “What” with all its might, it is a sign that one is walking on the path of truth, meaning that one’s sole intention is to bestow contentment upon one’s Maker. Thus, the primary work is precisely in this state.

One must know that it is a sign that this work hits the target. The sign is that he fights and sends his arrows to the head of the serpent, since it yells and argues the argument of “What” and “Who,” meaning “What is this work for you?” meaning what will you gain by working only for the Creator and not for yourselves? And the argument of “Who” means that this is Pharaoh’s complaint who said, “Who is the Lord that I should obey His voice?”

This excerpt creates a sense of calm and patience in me. It makes so clear that hearing the Pharoh’s voice objecting to our work in Kabbalah means that we are successfully doing the work. It takes away my desperation to “arrive” at any kind of stable state where I stop questioning, stop having doubts, stop having complaints. Quite the opposite! This passage lets me know that if these questions ever stop, it would mean that the work has stopped.

Catching up on the assignment–What does it mean to make yourself a Rav?

For me, this means (after sufficient evaluation), I choose to follow the Rav’s teachings, respect his authority and strive to do my work in such a way as to bring contentment upon him.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.