Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Ver publicaciones de 6 de - 1 a 6 (del total de 427)
  • Autor(a)
    Respuestas
      Seeker of Wisdom
      Partícipe

Greetings!

When praying the Psalms to attract the Light, have you noticed a difference when reciting them in Hebrew compared to English?

Thank you for answering our questions.

Of course, but we need to read in a language we understand.

Seeker of Wisdom
          Partícipe

Thanks so much! I have studied “biblical” Hebrew off & on for about 30 years though I am a little rusty. When I read them in Hebrew in the past I didn’t notice the difference as much. There is almost an intensity too it now but in a good way (maybe because I have read them a lot more recently, or have a little better understanding now). It seems even more intense if I sing them. I find great comfort in them whether in English or Hebrew (like salve for the soul) but when I hear them or recite them In Hebrew it seems like it grabs my attention/concentration more.

Seeker of Wisdom
      Partícipe

I am not sure how to really ask this, but I will try. I know in the tradition it says we should be married, but what if your spouse has turned away from the work?

I studied Kabbalah (a different lineage, but not the “Hollywood” version) in the past & my spouse studied a good bit with me too, but they have fell back into corporeal desires over the last couple of years & they are involved with someone else. They will not accept the “Get”/divorce right now so this makes it impossible for me to move on with another partner (if I’m even supposed to) so as not to violate the commandments at the branch or root level.

Is it permissible to continue the work in this situation? I do hope & pray they will allow me to move on & there has been some progress towards this recently. This does not have an effect on me psychologically & I am more excited/serious about spirituality than ever.

If I am granted a divorce eventually am I supposed to get remarried?<b> </b>(Especially being older now). I do not want to be unequally yoked, but I will do what it takes to progress correctly. I do have balance in my life, but spirituality is the most important thing to me (the separation had nothing to do with not having equilibrium between worldly & spiritual concerns).

I am not asking for marital advice (and I know that is not allowed), this is way beyond that. I am asking this from the standpoint of what is the correct thing to do according to authentic Kabbalah/spirituality. I know the times/environment have changed since some of the earlier writings of the sages. I do feel a sense of freedom (almost guilty Lol) that I have more time to focus on spiritual matters, it has been somewhat of a relief, though it would be considered an awful situation corporeally & is, but I feel I have risen above this almost like it happened to a character I was playing as weird as that might sound. Sorry for such a long & confusing diatribe, but I have been trying to figure out the correct path in this situation & what/if anything the Creator may be wanting me to glean from this.

Thank you in advance!

I don’t need to be married to study Kabbalah, but it helps, especially if the partner supports my involvement with Kabbalah. But in short, continue to study in all situations. It’s the pursuit of one’s soul and one’s efforts count toward it, whatever situation one is in.

Rosie
      Partícipe

I was re-reading Shamati 151 and this same question came up for me again. Not sure if it was covered in class. If it was, I didn’t get it answered for me. I think I understand what Egypt is, and the miracle of the Israelite’s coming out of Egypt. I don’t understand the part where it says “that a maid at the sea saw more than Ezekiel the prophet.” What does this mean? Thank you.

zeinab
      Partícipe

Hi,

Referring to your last Kabbalah Explained simply class ‘ Red Pill”, you share an excerpt from Baal Hasulam on ” Revelation”

I have read the full article ( hope its the right one ) , and it describes various levels of concealment and revelation. Is movement from concealment ( double or single ) to revelation something the Created being does through exertion or is it  a gift from the Creator above?  In any case, are there any actions the Created being can take from below to hasten the move from concealment to revelation?

Thanks!

Connect to the friends. All the rest materializes around these efforts. But of course it’s the Creator that makes the changes.

Yai
      Partícipe

Hello. I’m new to Graduate Environment and I feel a little lost here. When I listen to the questions in the meetings I feel happy that my friends are so advanced, but I feel like I am at the back of the line, for that reason I would like you to please suggest me the books that I should study and in what order. Thank you so much.

Todd
      Partícipe

The main students in the room with Rav seem to mark in their books in pencil, is this true?  Why not ink or highlighter?

Some use pens. It’s whatever one prefers. Writing is a means of engaging oneself more, is all.

It’s true, I’ve never seen or used myself a highlighter. 🙂

Ver publicaciones de 6 de - 1 a 6 (del total de 427)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.