Young Group with Anne Pier & Juan discussion forum

Inicio Foros Course Forums GE Forum – Ask Connect Inspire Young Group with Anne Pier & Juan discussion forum

Ver publicaciones de 6 de - 13 a 18 (del total de 52)
  • Autor(a)
    Respuestas
      dree monster
      Partícipe

Homework week 5 connection between us 21 apr 24

Each friend leaves in the forum a short recorded message (text, audio or video):
      What did I take from the lesson?

Read the quote by Dr. Laitman:
      “What I do in this work is demand the Reforming Light. And when the Reforming Light comes to me it brings me closer to the friend, I begin to feel him close to me, and I begin to care for him, that I have a certain warmth to him, still far from the actual flame, but I can somehow say that I am beginning to get close to the matter of love. And then, when I feel such a sensation, this sensation makes us equal, equal by me not being able to think of myself, only of two, and first of him and then of myself. And so on, these are the degrees, but this is all from the Reforming Light. That’s it, so you have an exercise, be above, be below, and demand the Light that brings you the feeling of love, and then you are equal”.

Discuss on the forum:
      How do we make sure that we draw the reforming light with every action of ours

Leave in the forum a text message or a recorded audio/video message that will help build between us a demand so that none of us will be able to differentiate themselves from the others, and we will feel as one.

Last but not least:
      Remind each other of the connection throughout the week without overwhelming the friends in the chat. If you’re naturally active on the chat, make efforts to leave room for others. If you’re naturally inactive, make efforts to inspire the friends.

Sandor
      Partícipe

“This is the meaning of what is written about Elisha: ‘So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth; and Elijah passed over unto him, and cast his mantle upon him’ (Kings 1, 19). (Yoke means a pair of Bakar (oxen), since they were plowing with pairs of oxen together that were tightened. This is called a yoke.) Baker means Bikoret (criticism), and twelve refers to the completeness of the degree (like twelve months and twelve hours).”

I chose this excerpt that tells me and practically shows me how to allow all criticism into me to cry honestly and turn the sadness into happiness by seeing the reason, the part that needs correction in me. Therefore I immediately justify the Creator. I am also happy to see the criticism and judgment rising to a complete level when those two are just going in circles. I use this explanation quoted as my understanding that makes the faith below reason to within reason. Then often I see the actual reason for the criticism and judgment with the help of a prayer. These revelations build the faith above reason = One can be happy of getting criticism and judgment from the Creator and can correct them by prayer. Man can do this even with judgments made in the past. Like walking with 12 oxen wearing a fur mantel.

“Now we can understand the argument of Jacob and Esau. Esau said, ‘I have enough’, and Jacob said, ‘I have everything,’ meaning ‘two rows, six in a row,’ meaning within reason and above reason, which is the will to receive and the Light of Dvekut (Adhesion).”

The two together.

“Elokim”

Lora Vatalaro
      Partícipe

I chose an excerpt from Shamati 19. What Is “The Creator Hates the Bodies,” in the Work?

Hence, one must know that when he sees that the body claims that it belongs to the Sitra Achra, and cries the famous questions of “Who” and “What” with all its might, it is a sign that one is walking on the path of truth, meaning that one’s sole intention is to bestow contentment upon one’s Maker. Thus, the primary work is precisely in this state.

One must know that it is a sign that this work hits the target. The sign is that he fights and sends his arrows to the head of the serpent, since it yells and argues the argument of “What” and “Who,” meaning “What is this work for you?” meaning what will you gain by working only for the Creator and not for yourselves? And the argument of “Who” means that this is Pharaoh’s complaint who said, “Who is the Lord that I should obey His voice?”

This excerpt creates a sense of calm and patience in me. It makes so clear that hearing the Pharoh’s voice objecting to our work in Kabbalah means that we are successfully doing the work. It takes away my desperation to “arrive” at any kind of stable state where I stop questioning, stop having doubts, stop having complaints. Quite the opposite! This passage lets me know that if these questions ever stop, it would mean that the work has stopped.

Catching up on the assignment–What does it mean to make yourself a Rav?

For me, this means (after sufficient evaluation), I choose to follow the Rav’s teachings, respect his authority and strive to do my work in such a way as to bring contentment upon him.

maria santos
      Partícipe

Everything in reality, good or bad, and even the most harmful in the world, has a right to exist and must not be destroyed and eradicated from the world. We must only mend and reform it because any observation of the work of creation is enough to teach us about the greatness and perfection of its Operator and Creator. Therefore, we must understand and be very careful when casting a flaw on any item of creation, saying it is redundant and superfluous, as that would be slander about its Operator.

This excerpt and the article “Peace in the World” gave me the “ah ha” moment many moons ago. It answered the age-old question how can the Creator create bad if he is good. There is no bad, but the time has not yet come for the fruit to acquire its ripeness, so for now it is bitter. It was so profound yet so simple in how it explained why there is suffering. There is suffering because we do not “hasten” time, and so we experience suffering “in its time”.  It showed me that in the end, things will be as the Creator intended them to be, I can go kicking or of my own free will, of my own free will being the best way.

It help me to understand Kabbalah, the goal, internality/externality and everything just clicked inside of me.

maryjdeg
      Partícipe

Young Group Assignment  Sunday April 7th

We are often told that we ae not to study intellectually but through the heart. Easier said than done. I agree. Every time I feel myself falling into this “intellectual” trap (which is often) I switch my thoughts to the first article in Shamati: There Is None Else Besides Him.

I had read it many times, and I loved the sound of it, and what it was saying. But the article was one thing and I was another. I was not complaining about this. It felt comfortable.

It felt comfortable until I woke up in the middle of the night thinking: “If there is none else besides Him, then the Creator is EVERYTHING. This means that the Creator is not just IN everything, he IS everything. It opened up a whole new way of seeing things for me.”

I do not claim I can switch off the intellectual understanding at will, but I realize it can be done, and it feels super good.  Axelle

Al
      Partícipe

You must understand these intimations: This issue of the Shofar is only the disclosure of the wisdom of the hidden in great masses; it is a necessary precondition that must be met prior to the complete redemption.

And the books that have already been revealed through me in this wisdom will testify to it, that matters of the greatest importance have been spread out like a gown for all to see. This is a true testimony that we are already at the threshold of redemption, and the voice of the great Shofar has already been heard, though in the distance, for it still sounds very softly.

Indeed, every greatness requires prior smallness, and there is no great voice if it is not preceded by a soft sound. And this is the way of the Shofar: Its voice grows progressively. And who better than I knows that I am not at all worthy of being even a messenger and a scribe for disclosing such secrets, much less to understand them down to their roots. So why has the Creator done so to me? It is only because the generation is worthy of it, as it is the last generation, which stands at the threshold of complete redemption. For this reason, it is worthy of beginning to hear the voice of the Shofar of the Messiah, which is the revealing of the secrets, as has been explained.

-Baal HaSulam Article “The Shofar of the Messiah”

Last sundays lesson was about the two pillars “group” and “books”, seeing as it’s the young group program, we focused mainly on the “group” pillar, so I wanted to take this quote to focus on the books. It is a very special time we live in, to be able to access all that wisdom very easily. We have ancient texts, made very easily accessible through translations into countless languages, commentary by Baal HaSulam, thousands of hours of lectures by our Rav. Just to think about that fills me with awe.

It gives me a sense of what a great privilege it is, to be able to study this wisdom so freely, and also hope, that correction is possible from our generation onward.

Ver publicaciones de 6 de - 13 a 18 (del total de 52)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.