Discuss

Gil Shir

Share your insights and impressions from this lesson with fellow students.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      David Baltuch
      Participant

Dear All,

I have a simple question. The numerical values of final letters are said to be by the hundreds (like final “pe” would be 800) but then it is also said that the final “pe” is also “80”. How come?

Thank you for your help.

Kind wishes,

David

David Baltuch
      Participant

Hello everyone,

Just a short note to Gil about the letter “Reish” resembling or not “rosh”.  Take the letter and just draw a dot into it. What do you see? 😉

Shalom Rav, David 🙂 שלום רב ,דוד

Tammy Ardoin
      Participant

Thank you for your time and your help with these teaching. I was just curious if the last few letters do not have a corresponding line to the spiritual worlds?

Eugene
      Participant

Hello

There is no clear which forces combines in letter Gimel.

Also, why vertical line in BET is Z”A? Before you said vertical line is Chohma

Eugene
      Participant

Hello

There is no clear which forces combines in letter Gimel.

Also, why verical line in BET is Z”A? Before you  said vertical line is Chohma

David Baltuch
      Participant

Dear All,

May I suggest two remarks rather than questions, relating to the concept of Makhshava. First, the difference between the creation and the way we experience it: the metaphor of music comes to my mind. For example, Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony is a book that you can have in your hand, and all of it is there, static. However, humans can only experience it through time and space, that is the time to unfold the symphony into successive sounds, and the specific space of the concert hall. Now, going from there, another remark will lead me to a trickier topic: ego/selfishness and the rest of the universe. For being a musician, I know all too well that composers like Bach, Beethoven or Mahler were deeply preoccupied by Nature, Spirituality and the Other. They worked all their lives in order to get ever so close to this Higher level of Reality. Yet, they did not do that by connecting to others in a “classic” way, they rather kept away from people in order to develop that higher degree of closeness. Once they got there—that is, when they achieved their master pieces—they were all too happy to share it with people, in the hope that their struggle could help others. So, in a way, they were connecting to the rest of the universe in their own and singular way. What then appears to be “ego” deserves further investigation, as there is more to that concept that meets the eye. There were my two cents.

All the best,

David

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.