Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 769 through 774 (of 1,191 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Juan Londono
      Participant

I have a good friend that recently passed away from a complication during surgery…  I’ve been trying to make sense of this…  It seems completely unfair, he left behind a young daughter and wife.  Why does nature/creator take away our loved ones in such seemingly unfair ways..  He died at 46 and was a good husband and father with a happy and good life.  Does kabbalah say anything about this?  Thank you

Hey Juan,

Yeah, this is hard. Even if we’re told the Creator is Good that does good, we can’t rationalize that since from our perspective – pain is pain.

But from the perspective of the whole of nature, the entire process of developing a creature to become like the Creator, it has to undergo many impressions and sensations. Most of these sensations in the beginning are ones that are uncomfortable but they all come to bring us closer to the goal, whether we understand it/feel it or not – it’s part of us “growing up”.

Nonetheless, the ego suffers when pleasures are taken from it. The Creator suffers when the created being is still trapped in the perception of “in order to receive”. We ultimately have no control over the direction of our development, but we can begin to align ourselves with that goal and flow with it, agree with it and ultimately become partners.

I’m sorry for your loss. Best of luck, friend.

Chris

mrc s
      Participant

Should I judge others as more righteous than me? It seems true because if so than who am I to criticize others as I am no better.? Or just on worldly matters?

Hey mrc,

Eventually that will be a tool you use, but it needs to be towards the right people. Anyone who has no idea and no care to reveal the Creator in their life, in this world, is what the Creator wants us to see and any of the flaws are only flaws in our perception. In your ego, you’ll always be making these “comparisons”. You can add the additional thought that you know it’s from the Creator, making you feel whatever you currently feel which is perfectly tailored for you to feel at that exact moment which is exactly what you needed to move onto your next form. Therefore, the intention behind it is good, and if I feel bad then this is a place that needs correction. How you correct it and the steps for that is the real practical wisdom of Kabbalah.

We don’t understand how non-equivalence of form with that force is what brings us sorrow, but slowly we are changed from within until we reach the first revelation and eventually complete correction of that perception in our minds and hearts. All of that happens on the inside. What others see on the outside should just be another functioning, normal human being. Don’t bring the wisdom into that realm. There’s nothing to change out there and that’s not the environment for spiritual growth. A person is where his heart is, where his thoughts are – if the trend isn’t towards spiritual correction, it’s kind of a waste of time. Even though that deviation would also be according to the plan. I think you understand how this wisdom, on one hand, disorients you entirely and on the other hand, gives you the tools to orient yourself yet on a higher level each time.

Best of luck,

Chris

William Taylor
      Participant

Are we the Watchers? because the kabbala says we have fallen from him to this plain of reality and are locked hear untill we remeber our master?

Hey William,

I’m actually not sure what you mean by “Watchers” but Kabbalah explains how the growth of the ego, and the separation from one another – the perception of the common soul – was intentional in order for us, of our own desire, to want to find what’s really lacking in us and return to our true form.

Thanks!

Chris

mrc s
      Participant

Is the will to receive the physical body?

Hey mrc,

“Body” is the word used by Kabbalist to describe the will to receive. We feel our body as ours because it’s that same desire but our physical body is not what we are correcting. We are correcting spiritual desires that are in contrast to the ego.

mrc s
      Participant

Is the Tanakh only for the Israelites or all people, is there a verse about it thanks

Hey mrc,

Torah is the light that guides us, corrects us. The book contains such force. Desire is the only condition to receive the influence of that force and there’s no connection between age or culture or geographical location.

This would pertain only to ” Israel” since the wisdom of Kabbalah defines this as the desire to be aimed straight at the Creator. That is the meaning of ” Israel”. Do you have such a desire? If yes, you are Israel and this”book” will guide you.

Thanks,

Chris

Mary
          Participant

That is a great answer.It resonates in me.
          It sometimes looks as if Kabbalah and the religion are in opposition, but I’m sure I see that only because I can’t understand or feel all the code behind it.

mrc s
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Please correct my reasoning, : if I prefer honour sometimes than knowledge why is it, my reasoning is like if I am a musician I like being honoured by others more than having great knowledge about music but not honoured, in this case can you convince me that knowledge is better than honor, thnk you</p>

Hey mrc,

Oh this is what makes each person completely unique – the way they interpret these flavors of pleasure, all according to their own unique desires. I think it’s totally reasonable to feel how one person could have a great desire for knowledge and would feel immense fulfillment there, while his neighbor might not have any attraction to that desire, but always works hard to be respected at work.

Viewing 6 posts - 769 through 774 (of 1,191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.