Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 235 through 240 (of 421 total)
  • Author
    Replies

I had a dream that I was in line to talk to a rabbi and when it was my turn I told him that I was very excited to study and learn he started smiling this is the second time this happened, i dont know who the rabbi is

does this happen

Hi Luis,

Kabbalah does not deal with dream interpretations. In general, Kabbalists don’t attribute much importance to dreams or the state of dreaming. They see it simply as a state where the brain summarizes/organizes the daily experiences. Similar to how some computers go through the process of defragmentation.

On the other hand, there is a spiritual state called dreaming which is the process by which we transition from one spiritual degree to another. It’s like the neutral gear on a manual transmission, which requires you to switch to the neutral gear before switching to another gear. In other words, in between every spiritual state is a state called “dream”. But it’s not related to the corporeal dreams that we experience in our physical bodies. Kabbalists don’t ascribe any importance to corporeal dreams.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://laitman.com/2016/04/an-ordinary-dream/

https://laitman.com/2015/02/we-cannot-live-without-sleep/

Albert @ KabU

Jessica
      Participant

Why do we have this “egoistic nature” that separates us from Malchut of Ein Sof by the five levels of opacity of the senses? Is this egoistic nature all bad? If so, who created it?

Hi Jessica, great questions!

The Creator created our egoistic nature. Why? Because it’s a vital component in our development. Without it, we would not feel separated from the Creator and would thereby not have any free will whatsoever. Baal HaSulam describes this in the “Preface to the Wisdom of Kabbalah”, here’s an excerpt:

“4) The reason why the will to receive must cascade by the four above-mentioned discernments in ABYA (Atzilut, Beria, Yetzira, Assiya) is that there is a great rule concerning the Kelim (plural for Kli): the expansion of the Light and its departure make the Kli fit for its task. This means that as long as the Kli has not been separated from its Light, it is included in the Light and is annulled within it like a candle in a torch.

This annulment is because they are completely opposite from one another, on opposite ends. This is so because the Light extends from His Essence existence from existence. From the perspective of the Thought of Creation in Ein Sof, it is all towards bestowal and there is no trace of will to receive in it. Its opposite is the Kli, the great will to receive that abundance, which is the root of the initiated creature, in which there is no bestowal whatsoever.

Hence, when they are bound together, the will to receive is annulled in the Light within it, and can determine its form only once the Light has departed thence once. This is so because following the departure of the Light from it, it begins to crave it, and this craving properly determines and sets the shape of the will to receive. Subsequently, when the Light dresses in it once more, it is regarded as two separate matters: Kli and Light, or Guf and Life. Observe closely, for this is most profound.”

Meaning that if you place the light of a candle within the light of a torch, you cannot differentiate one from the other. So in the process of giving the created being the nature of reception, by that, the created being became separated from the Creator and as a result feels itself as existing and independent. Later on, even though they return to a state of adhesion, they still remain as two separate things. We’ll learn more about this in the upcoming lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Andy
      Participant

I would just like to say that I am looking forward in this study and work. Thank You.

Jessica
        Participant

Thank you, Albert. This is very helpful. — Jessica

Tracey N
      Participant

Although I’ve watched this presentation before, I definitely got more from it this time. Can’t wait to get into it all further

i would like to know more about the language of branches, its very interesting

Rahul Bhatia
      Participant

How the temple got destroyed ? What happened there that destruction of it resulted in fall of humanity? When will it be created again?

Hi Rahul, great questions!

1) The temple symbolized the level of love and connection that this group was able to achieve at that time. When a bigger level of egoism was revealed, they were unable to maintain that level of love and connection. As a result of that, the corporeal temple, the symbol of their love and connection, wound up getting destroyed.

Baal HaSulam writes about this in “Letter 60”, here’s an excerpt:

“this is what our sages meant when they asked about the ruin of the Second Temple, that there was no idolatry there and they were proficient in Torah, so why was it ruined? They said it was for unfounded hatred.”

2) The general level of egoism grew. But this is not a bad thing, but rather a sign of progress. It’s like with exercise, when you master a 5 pound weight, in order to keep progressing, you need to add resistance by going up to a 10 pound weight, etc. Likewise the process of correction works according to the rule of “from light to heavy”. Meaning first the lighter, less egoistic souls reach their correction. They become as the pioneers that start this whole process. And only later on we focus on the heavier, coarser, more egoistic desires.

The people in the days of Abraham were less egoistic and therefore started this whole process. After they corrected the egoism on their level, it opened the door for the rest of the world, the carriers of the heavier, more egoistic desires, to reach their correction.

But the rest of the world was not yet ready for this correction. For this reason Kabbalah had to be temporarily concealed and the people who previously succeeded in this method needed to be scattered throughout the whole world. Then in the process of them integrating with the rest of the world, they sped up the development of the rest of the world to this final state of correction.

So we can see from this whole process that it’s not that something bad happened, on the contrary, those pioneers that started this process finished the correction on their level and then received their next challenge.

3) Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/08/building-the-third-temple/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 235 through 240 (of 421 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.