Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 403 through 408 (of 432 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Sharon
      Participant

At what point in the year of 1995 was the Kabbalah opened up ? Was it before or after Rabin’s assassination?

Hi Sharon,

The revelation of Kabbalah in 1995 was not connected to this event. Rather it had to do with a new set of spiritual forces that were working upon the world at that time.

Rav Laitman wrote about it in one of his blog posts:

“Question: You said that 1995 was the starting point of the current events. What happened in 1995 that you are referring to?

My Answer: I felt this because suddenly, the students that started coming to study with me were different: They were serious, diligent, and persistent in their pursuit of the goal. Today they still make up the core of the worldwide Bnei Baruch group. Of course, there were also inner changes that are concealed from the average onlooker – a clearer revelation of new spiritual forces in the world.”

Albert @ KabU

Corey E.
      Participant

Is the “language of branches” taught as literal language or is the language symbolic?  In other words, I have read Genesis many, many times in my life and was taught to believe that Adam and Eve were actual people.  As I have learned, stories in Genesis are actually designed to help us understand certain aspects of creation, the beginning of “man”, lessons in things like jealousy, hate, love, etc., but are not historical fact.

I am just confused about the idea that the words of the Hebrew Bible are not of this physical world…will this become more clear as we continue ? Are there certain readings that will help me now?

Hi Corey, great questions!

The Torah is entirely written in a type of code called the language of roots and branches. This code uses words of our world to describe spiritual phenomena. So none of it is literal. On the other hand there is a law that every spiritual root must touch the corporeal branch at least once. Meaning although these are spiritual phenomena, they must have a corresponding corporeal branch in our world.

For example, Egypt represents the uncorrected egoistic desire while Israel represents the corrected desire, those are the roots. But in our world these things exist as branches as well. There is actually a physical place that is called Egypt and Israel. Still, despite all the above, the Torah is not a history book, not a single word of the Torah speaks about our world, history, morals, etc.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2016/05/dispelling-myths-about-kabbalah-part-4/

If you’re interesting in learning how to properly decipher the Torah, check out the books: Disclosing a Portion or The Secrets of the Eternal Book.

Albert @ KabU

Sharon
          Participant

Hi Albert

When you say that “not a single word of the Torah speaks about our world, history, morals, etc”, am I correct in understanding that you are saying that:

1. The moralistic lessons that can be derived from various Torah narratives are not worth a second thought/ any consideration, because moral instruction was never the intent of them?

2. And that despite archaeological research & findings from the land of Israel, (which correspond in historical timeframe to certain biblical events and civilizations), there is no intentional connection between the lived history of the Jewish nation in that land and the written narratives about a “people of Israel” in the bible? Is it just coincidence then, that names like Israel and Egypt are chosen and written to confuse people for millennia about this?

Hi Sharon,

1. Yes, you can say that. Furthermore, the more we advance spiritually, the more that we will see that morals wont help us at all. On the contrary, we will find ourselves more and more powerless to do ANYTHING against our egoistic nature. Why? Because this is how the system is built. It’s not built for us to be superheroes and to take control of our nature. Rather it’s built for us to recognize our weakness and use it as an opportunity to turn to the Creator, to use His strength, to tap into His light. We’ll learn more about this in the more advanced lessons.

2. It’s not coincidence. Rather, according to the law of root and branch, every spiritual root must touch a corporeal branch. Despite this, the Torah is not a history book. Rather it’s talking only about our inner world. All of the characters and places are our inner qualities. As we begin the process of correction, we will begin to see this story play out inside of us. We will reveal the qualities of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Pharaoh, Israel, and etc inside of us, meaning inside our desires. The story is talking about the inner process of how our desires develop from being completely egoistic, to becoming corrected and operating in the direction of pure love and bestowal.

Check out the links I shared in the above post to Corey for more details.

Albert @ KabU

John Peter
      Participant

Hello

What are the practical aspect of Kabbalah?

Hi John,

I’m not sure in what context you’re asking this question, because there are a lot of misconceptions about “practical Kabbalah”.

But in general, practical Kabbalah means that we use this method to correct our egoistic nature. As a result of this correction, we become similar to the Creator, the general force of love and bestowal. As a result of becoming similar to Him, we reveal Him in practice, in our lives. This is what practical Kabbalah help us to do.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/10/practical-kabbalah-has-no-use-for-red-strings/

As for how we practically reach this correction, this is done through the force of the light. Essentially, all of the corrections are performed upon us by the light. Our work is only to extract more and more of this force, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

paul domingo
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Is the name Baal a common name during ancient times? Because the perception of first time I encountered this name was in a video game as Baal the brother of diablo.</p>

Hi Paul,

I don’t think there is a connection there.  Baal is Hebrew for “owner”. Rav Yehuda Ashlag was called Baal HaSulam (which translates from Hebrew as: the owner of the ladder), for his “ladder” commentary on the book of Zohar.

Albert @ KabU

Bonnie A. Bus
      Participant

Some people around me feel like if they already have a sort of spiritual wisdom, as if they are developed and altruistic already. They don’t know about kabbala. It could also be a young person. Could you say that development of these people is because they revealed laws of nature by them selves?

Hi Bonnie, good question!

But I cannot comment directly on your personal experience, since this has to do with your personal perception of reality. And our perception of reality is not something constant, rather every time we change, every time our desires evolve, our perception of reality will change as well. We’ll learn more about this in the upcoming lessons.

So we can talk about these things only in general. Why are there some people in life that already seem altruistic? Baal HaSulam writes in the writings of the last generation that there is up to 10% of the world that has a natural drive towards bestowal and altruism. Just like we’re built to enjoy reception, they’re built to enjoy bestowal. Why is there a need for such a thing, for altruistic egoists? It’s because pure egoism on its own would just destroy the world, so nature implanted a few altruists to balance out the system.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2012/07/altruism-no-more-than-10-or-all-100/

Albert @ KabU

Asher.Vizzer
      Participant

Shalom. Can it be said that selfishness and desire for a life without Kedusha is a kind of modern idolatry? Has a Kabbalist actually broken selfish idols by turning his desires into kesusha?

Hi Asher,

Yes, you can say that serving our egoism is a form of idolatry. See my reply 53942 to Rune below for more details (if the link does not work for you, then you can find it manually on the 2nd page of this forum).

As for Kabbalists, a Kabbalist is not simply a student of Kabbalah, but rather one that has already succeeded in correcting his egoistic nature, at least to some extent, at least 1 out of 125 degrees, and as a result has revealed the Creator.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/12/practicing-kabbalist/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 403 through 408 (of 432 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.