Engage in an exploration of the week 2 lesson and materials, receiving insights from a seasoned Kabbalah mentor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Engage in an exploration of the week 2 lesson and materials, receiving insights from a seasoned Kabbalah mentor.

Engage in an exploration of the week 2 lesson and materials, receiving insights from a seasoned Kabbalah mentor.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Sarah
      Participant

Hi, I’m thankful for all the classes and courses uptil now ,it really helps me rethink a lot of situations in my life.

Now when we start talking about spiritual group, I understand the theory of how it bring us good. But I can’t stop my mind asking how is this differs from a cult, can anyone help me out with this

The problem here is that we haven’t been in a cult and so we don’t know exactly how it works. We think it’s sort of for weak and gullible people, but we see that a wide variety of people got mixed up in them. We don’t fully grasp why. But there are mechanisms in every person that draw one to bow down to a guru. A person thinks he doesn’t want that, but in a part of him, he secretly seeks just that. And if you were such a person and not just asking philosophically you’d soon discover that the group and method here is starkly barren of the defining features of a cult, and then you wouldn’t want to be here. Here, you’ll have no leader to bow to except for the Upper Force, and it’s concealed. Without a revealed Upper One, the lower ones, the group, have no strength to stay together. Therefore you’ll have only the group and only the Upper Force that you yourself build, through free will every step of the way. Get to know it and we’ll see how against every essential feature it’s the opposite of a cult.

jill
      Participant

Is correction always painful?

jill

If I’m going on my own toward correction, it’s pleasant. Like if you get a massage, because of the pain, you identify that you were in fact already in pain. You’d only become so accustomed to the subtle misery of your state that you stopped noticing the pain. The pain inflicted by the masseuse brings this realization at the same time as it brings the remedy; Thus, you delight in the hurts-so-good sensation. This loose analogy can extend to the inner correction. I’m actually suffering tremendously, Kabbalah brings the blow at the same time as the remedy, thus it’s pleasant. That’s if I’m going willfully to correct myself. Otherwise, I’m suffering all the time because the correction process is taking place in me slowly, subconsciously, and against my will.

Soraziz
      Participant

Would preaching be considered an egoistic desire (since everyone is supposed to be drawn to Kabbalah at his/her own time)?

Hi Soraziz,

Yes, don’t tell anyone about the wisdom of Kabbalah, and instead, focus all that on your own correction. By this, you’ll correct everything else. Everyone can find Kabbalah themselves with a simple internet search if they want. They don’t need it from you.

Rae
          Participant

Thank you for this discussion it is very helpful to me 💖 I want to shout it from the mountain tops so now I will do that inwardly LoL

Roger Fry
      Participant

Hi, I’m just looking for clarification on creating the environment through the group. Is by interaction on these forums with intention of connecting to the point in the heart sufficient? Many thanks

Hi Roger,

That’s sufficient for now, for the group aspect. The rest is trying to understand the materials. That’s how you’ll advance.

Mary
      Participant

How do we differentiate between a desire that comes from above, a passionate fire inside, and an egoistic desire? So I understand the key word is intention, but what if your desire is felt or seen by others harmful to them, even if you know inside that is not your intention. Do you suppress the desire to please people, give them some security? How long can you live like that?

Roger Fry
        Participant

Gianni, thanks for the reply it was helpful.

Hi Mary,

There’s no such thing as suppressing my desires, and you’re correct that it won’t work anyway. A desire is a desire – it can’t be destroyed. Other desires can be made more important such that they diminish the importance of another desire. So, it remains as it is but I have atop it some other, more exalted desire. I need to try to make my spiritual desire more important than all physical desires, and then I will see that this is the key to the intention that I would be able to add to all my desires. This is way more serious and dedicated a study than it might sound at first, as this is the entire wisdom of Kabbalah and all that we’re here in this world to do.

About your specific corporeal state, there’s nothing to say because corporeality at that level has its own laws, only some are wilier than others. For example, do I need to change my behaviors to suit what I perceive to be their ill-at-ease with my modes of interaction? I don’t have to bend to their will. BUT – if I’m in the workplace, I’d be well-advised to consider doing so nevertheless. If I’m with my family, I’m basically in my own bathwater – whatever mess I make there, I’m in that mess. Same principle to a lesser extent on my street: If I throw trash over the fence at my neighbor, they will probably do it back to me. So, this world has its own laws. Some people understand them better than others, but they are certain laws as much as the laws of atoms and anything else. Kabbalah doesn’t help in that area of what is basically just “street smarts”.

Kabbalah deals with the level of intentions where if I have correct intentions then my actions will all be correct and perceived as such by those around me. However, changing the intention is – again – the entire wisdom of Kabbalah rather than being something that I already have in my toolbox to be able to do by a superficial thought process.

Mary
          Participant

I see. So how then are we sure the intention is correct? keep studying Kabbalah will help understand this I’m sure :))

If I put energy in altruistic thoughts in any given situation? will that help build a good intention?

Roger Fry
          Participant

Hi Gianni, I  found your reply this question by Mary very useful and informative.

The problem is that I need to learn what bestowal is. I have to build the ability to be in that. The best starting point is to try to be in There Is None Else Besides Him in everything one does. You can read about what that is, here: http://www.kabbalah.info/eng/content/view/frame/31686?/eng/content/view/full/31686&main

Aaron
      Participant

Hello,

What does it mean: “when the will to receive grows, the measure of the screen grows with it, which is the aim to please the Creator, rather than yourself”.

My question is: how can one please the Creator? What spiritual action is needed. Do I need to study Kabbalah in a group and work on connection there above my nature and that is “pleasing the Creator”…like the more I engaged in kabbalistic activities the more is “pleasing the Creator part” expands. But right now, what I do is called lo lishma.

Does this mean I have to continue, keep going and do lo lishma to one day come to lishma and start doing everything right?

Thank you!

How to please the Creator? He wants, like a loving parent, for His Creations to advance toward the sublime gift He has prepared for them. Every moment studying Kabbalah correctly we’re activating the Light, which brings one closer. The Creator is happy with every nanometer of movement in this direction.

Aaron
          Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.