Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 5 Discuss Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 103 through 108 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Maria
      Participant

1.    Equivalence of form. Like the seed that becomes a tree that produces a fruit that has a seed that becomes a tree without much input, without making any resistant to it.

2.    I am seeking for the creator because I do not want to suffer anymore or see any suffering as I perceive in my reality. This is not altruistic…this seeking is for my own benefit and gratification

3.    I thought that I connect to the creator first and then he will uncover the altruistic  love for humanity on me -“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” –

Hi Maria,

Are these questions or just reflections? Let me know if you have a question about any of these things.

Albert @ KabU

BEN
      Participant

everything outside of the creature is available to him. how then do we “choose” wc ones of these should we “receive” first? do we base it on the levels of our ego that we want to turn into bestowal? for example, my biggest challenge is jealousy – how can i use the surrounding light to transform this?

how can i use the 4 phases of direct light in this situation for me to transform?

Hi Elizabeth,

As I wrote to you earlier in the week 3 forums, (https://kabuconnect.com/forums/topic/ask-anything-about-week-3-lesson-and-materials-and-get-an-answer-from-a-senior-kabbalah-instructor/#post-182996) the focus in kabbalah is not on changing ourselves. Each one of us is perfect. We just need to find where we connect with others. Then we’ll see that there are no redundant qualities in us, each quality can be used in a beneficial way.

Take jealousy for example. Without this quality, we would not have the strength to do spiritual work. After all, spiritual work means rising above our ego. This is something against our ego. But if we tap into the force of jealousy/envy, then it’s like the sages wrote: “envy, lust, and honor take a person out of this world”. Meaning that if we learn how to use these qualities correctly, we can find the right fuel to come out of our egoistic world into the spiritual world, filled with love and bestowal.

Keep in mind that we practice all these things within this safe environment that we call the Kabbalistic group. Outside of the group, we should act normal, just like everyone else. We’ll learn more about all these things and how to apply them practically in the more advanced semesters when everyone will receive their own Kabbalistic group.

Albert @ KabU

Philip Naughton
      Participant

Q1)  Does becoming more in equivalence with the creator mean that he will reward us by creating futures for us that have less bad in them and more good ?

That is to say,  do we earn a reward for our efforts to be more in line with the creators desires that will increase all the good things in life and reduce all the bad things ?

Or is it believed that just as many bad things will always continue to happen to us regardless of what we do and that all that can be/ is  achieved from gaining equivalence with the creator is to convince ourselves to feel good about all the bad things?  For example the person just diagnosed with terminal cancer can cope slightly better with the bad thing that  IS  going to happen to them, but being in equivalence will not and could not stop the bad thing from happening?

In summary is it just about having a more positive mindset to that we can cope with life ?

Hi Philip,

We learn that the Creator is the pure quality of love and bestowal. Every single moment He sends us nothing but goodness. This is called “there is none else besides Him” and “the good that does good”. But why don’t we sense this goodness? It’s because we’re opposite to Him. Our opposite egoistic nature inverts this goodness into something bad. It’s like multiplying numbers: a positive times a negative, equals negative.

So as long as we remain within this egoistic nature, we will continue to suffer and we will continue to see others suffering more and more in life. But if we correct our nature to be similar to the Creator’s nature, we will reveal the true reality in which only goodness exists and that our previous egoistic state was nothing more than a dream.

In other words, all those “bad” situations are invitations for us to correct our egoistic nature and thereby to come closer to the Creator.

We’ll learn more about this in the next semester, in the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/06/how-can-we-justify-the-creator/

Albert @ KabU

Philip Naughton
          Participant

I’m sorry I am still confused.

If, for example, the innocent people murdered during the holocaust had seen it as a bestowal / blessing instead of evil would ………

A) – the holocaust not have happened at all because of their positive mindset?  In a similar way to people who believe in the law of attraction think that they can manifest a  reality that they wish for themselves  by just wishing for good things?

OR

B) – it would still have happened and the evil would be no different and the only difference being that the victims would have had a more positive mindset about it but the genocide would still have happened ?

Thanks

Hi Philip,

I cannot answer you in this way because you’re mixing together a few different concepts. First we need to understand the concept of perception of reality. As we learned in the lesson on the perception of reality, our perception is entirely subjective. We see the world through the lens of our egoistic nature. In other words, the entire external world is nothing more than a reflection of my own uncorrected egoistic state. If I’m not corrected, I see in front of me a bad world, full of suffering. If I correct myself, I’ll look at the same world, but now it’s perfect. It’s like I have these dirty glasses through which I see the whole world as dirty. The moment I clean my own glasses, I’ll look at the same world, but now it’s clean and perfect.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2014/04/in-neutral-gear/

What about the holocaust and all such atrocities that took place in the external world? Once we correct ourselves, we will see that the previous reality that we saw through the lens of our ego was nothing more than a dream. This is called “we were as dreamers”.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2010/11/this-life-is-a-dream/

Albert @ KabU

BEN
          Participant

What about the holocaust and all such atrocities that took place in the external world? Once we correct ourselves, we will see that the previous reality that we saw through the lens of our ego was nothing more than a dream. This is called “we were as dreamers”.

Sorry am also unclear on this –

does this mean when we are above the screen, we will not see the holocaust anymore? or will we see it instead like this happend because it is man’s own doing that such a holocaust happend? will it in a way sort of desenstize and trivialize the feelings of someone who is a victim?

Hi Elizabeth,

When we rise above the ego, we’ll see this whole egoistic world as imaginary, like a dream, or a video game.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/04/in-neutral-gear/

Albert @ KabU

Derek
      Participant

I am a little unclear on the relationship between the 613 laws and 613 desires.

Hi Derek,

There are 613 spiritual desires and corresponding to each desire is a law, an inner process by which extract the reforming light and correct that desire. Keep in mind that 613 is referring to our spiritual desires, that we don’t yet have. Similar to how a single cell in a body only has some basic desires. But when that cell is part of a greater body, it reveals there higher desires which are impossible for the individual cell to have: desires for money, honor, power, etc. Same with us, until we integrate with the general body of Adam HaRishon, we don’t reveal or understand these 613 spiritual desires.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/12/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-613-desires/

Albert @ KabU

mark
      Participant

So by seeking out these questions that are ignited by the point in the heart we are seeking balance?

Hi Mark,

I’m not sure in which context you’re asking this question, but in general, yes, you can say that. The point in the heart awakens and in a way this throws us off balance. We become incapable of simply living out our lives like everyone else. Rather we start asking some deep existential questions and start seeking some other type of fulfillment in life.

Albert @ KabU

Ludumo Diniso
      Participant

Hello

In reading the text and watching the videos I keep hearing that we must always try and connect to the author’s feeling, to the state he wrote the text from.

My question is…how does one even begin to connect to a feeling. I mean I know how to focus using my senses but how do I connect to a feeling?

Hi Ludumo,

The main thing is to make efforts. Just like a baby that is constantly trying to understand the world around it. Nobody hands the baby an encyclopedia or a dictionary. Nobody teaches it what every single word means. Rather the baby starts doing SOMETHING, whatever it can. It waves its arms, babbles, opens and closes its mouth. In short, it’s making lots and lots of efforts. From these efforts, it begins to understand and feel how the world works.

It’s the same with us. We need to constantly exert ourselves and make efforts. Even if we don’t understand, even if we have no clue what spirituality is, or what the author was feeling when he wrote the text. It does not matter. Our understanding and feelings don’t come from our intellectual, but it comes from us making efforts to understand, from playing pretend as if we’re spiritual grown ups. As a result of these efforts, the light will come. It’ll gradually correct us and arrange all of these different connections within us. And then we’ll start to feel spirituality for ourselves.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

https://laitman.com/2012/03/building-blocks-of-the-first-spiritual-degree/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 103 through 108 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.