Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 5 Discuss Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Christian
      Participant

Before moving to part 2, I would like to have a clarification/ answer about a question:

With regards to the ‘i’ that thinks and speak through me and all humans ; is this “I” the physical body or the soul or parts of the soul or the Creator’s spirit in us?

Thank you.

Christian
      Participant

If there is a blog post that explain the point in the heart more, kindly share with me.
      Many thanks.

Christian
      Participant

Thank you very much Albert for your answers and sharing a blog post.

Christian
      Participant

With regards to law of equivalence, there are 4 levels:

Inanimate

Vegetative

Animate

Human

Question 1

The first 3 levels  instinctively keep the law of form except human, in what sense then are they lower than  human following that they keep the law of equivalence and also have been on earth before human?

Question 2: Does inanimate in this context means absent of life force or inability to move from place to place?

With regards to Bible writing in Genesis where the Creator created human male and female. Does this express the creators desire to institute marriage?  Is there any hidden/ deeper knowledge in Kabbalah to explain marriage and sexual union?

Thank you.

Hi Christian,

1. Instinctively is the key word there. Meaning that the first three levels are simply carrying out their inner programming, like machines, without any free choice.

Humans too follow their own inner egoistic programming. So in that regard, we are no different than animals. It’s only when we start to develop spiritually and begin to rise above our inner programming, become independent of it, only then do we truly rise above the animate degree into the human degree.

What then is the use of the first three levels? They are there to support the human level. Baal HaSulam writes about it in the Introduction to the Book of Zohar, here’s an excerpt:

We must not ponder the state of the rest of the beings in the world besides man, since man is the center of creation, as will be written below in Item 39. All other creatures do not have any value in themselves, but to the extent that they help man achieve his wholeness. Hence, they rise and fall with him without any consideration of themselves.

2. It depends on the context, but in the corporeal world, inanimate refers to the still part of nature, like rocks, minerals, etc.

3. Kabbalah does not look at the stories in the Torah as literal stories, but rather as a road map of our inner spiritual development. Male symbolizes the desire to give while female symbolizes the desire to receive. Essentially our entire work is to bring these two opposites together, in the sense that we’ll be able to receive all of the goodness that the Creator wants to give us, in order to bestow back to Him.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2016/05/dispelling-myths-about-kabbalah-part-4/

If you’re interesting in learning how to properly decipher the stories in the Torah, check out the books: Disclosing a Portion or The Secrets of the Eternal Book.

Albert @ KabU

Michael Dunlap
      Participant

Do the laws of Kabbalah also apply/work upon those who do not study or in some case even believe in a Creator. For example I know a musician who is a very outspoken atheist, who does not study or practice any spiritual teachings or knowingly apply any processes as found in Kabbalah and many of the Eastern schools. They do make beautiful music almost effortlessly with one primary goal of bestowing that pleasure of listening to their songs on others. Is it possible for someone like this to move closer to the Creator without even knowing it, and simply be led by the point within the heart?

Hi Michael,

In the introduction to the book of Zohar, Baal HaSulam explains to us the three state model of Creation. From there we learn that the end goal is set, we have no choice there, every single one of us must reach it. The only difference is that there are those with awakened points in the heart, that are doing this consciously, and there are those whose point in the heart is still not ripe, so they are advancing on the path of suffering. But both are advancing towards Him and both will eventually reach Him.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://laitman.com/2014/01/from-perfection-to-perfection/

https://laitman.com/2011/01/lets-go-with-the-light/

Albert @ KabU

Anthony
      Participant

I am going to be really open here and state that since studying Kabbalah, I have experienced states of depression but whilst reading some of the recommended reading, I managed to switch my intention from myself and onto other people’s needs and like a switch, the fog of depression seemed to lift. I have been reading Attaining The Worlds Beyond from the beginning as well as doing the course and it talks quite a lot about the ego getting into such states. Is this all part of the experience would you say?

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.