Why is it difficult for us to notice the way in which our environment influences us?

New Home Forums Course Forums Happiness 9. Why You Must Take Control of Your Day-to-Day Environment Why is it difficult for us to notice the way in which our environment influences us?

• This topic has 27 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by peter.

KabU
    Participant

Why is it difficult for us to notice the way in which our environment influences us?

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ralitza
      Participant

Because we are part of it and are functioning on the same level as the other parts involved.

We muss change our perspective in order to see how we interact: go on vacation to see another culture, move to a different country, change our workplace, learn another language. See ourselves in new environments.

But it’s uncomfortable, so we tend to avoid it. It’s cosy and nice to be among those who think like me, because then I know that I am right :).

Niki
      Participant

Because we have lost touch with our true self

Innocent Mushiya
      Participant

Egocentric…

kevin jackson
      Participant

Our ego is not in the business of revealing itself to us because it wants to remain in total control

Ty Palodichuk
      Participant

Because I’m not conscious of myself when In social environments, that is until discovering kabbalah

Attila
      Participant

Because it is all around us at all times and everywhere. It is the norm. There is nothing unusual about it so it doesn’t stand out.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.