Why is it difficult for us to notice the way in which our environment influences us?

New Home Forums Course Forums Happiness 9. Why You Must Take Control of Your Day-to-Day Environment Why is it difficult for us to notice the way in which our environment influences us?

KabU
    Participant

Why is it difficult for us to notice the way in which our environment influences us?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Abbaa Naa’ol
      Participant

Climate change has become an existential debate because of certain misconceptions creeping in, creating confusion. Today, we’ll take a look at these misconceptions and the top reasons for climate change denial.

Eva
      Participant

We are completely hardwired by the environment on our automatically functioning  nervous system level, just as animals are, but in a self-destructive way and these autonomic connections are “running the show”, our lives. Our higher, logical/reasoning function is focused only on the already formed, “faulty” program and is disconnected from the rest our more primitive, yet highly intelligent, nature developed, automatic functions – just the fact how much complex, biochemical function is going on after we eat a meal to transform the food into energy? Super complex and intelligent work, yet we do not have to think and reason and calculate with our higher brain to do it, goes automatically. We have to turn our higher brain potential to observe, understand and re-integrate the survival functions into everyday life. Then we might be able to start seeing/perceiving how we are influenced by our environment and rewire or re-program ourselves to make positive changes to match  the evolutionary force.

Rae
      Participant

We’re so close to it, it forms us. We can’t see the forest for the trees…

Our opinions, thoughts, etc. etc. etc

Because it’s our only point of freedom from the ego most likely, eh? “Anything but that”, the ego tells us 😁

Peter
      Participant

Because we are almost entirely a product of the environment (it can change, but maybe our whole life is like a general environment) and we have no clear idea of what our essence is. So we can not say: ‘the true me was good, but now this environment came and spoiled me.’ We don’t have an objective state to compare to, because we have never not been in an environment… Also the influence that the environment has is often not instantaneous, but gradual.

Helen
      Participant

I’d say due to a lack of self-awareness.

Christianne
      Participant

That we have to change our point of view: wy should I do somethings?   What is reason?                                       To have to look behind, to  go  after the reason of all,  This is sometimes really difficult

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.