Do you sense the surge of narcissism and self – centeredness in our culture? Where do you feel the effects of egoism in your life the most?

New Home Forums Course Forums Crossroads Film Course #1: HUMANITY AT A CROSSROADS Do you sense the surge of narcissism and self – centeredness in our culture? Where do you feel the effects of egoism in your life the most?

• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Lu Lu.

KabU
    Participant

Do you sense the surge of narcissism and self – centeredness in our culture? Where do you feel the effects of egoism in your life the most?

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Jan Koons
      Participant

I see the world as becoming extremely divided and self-centered. Certain areas are much more narcissist than others and certain groups of people are more so. Perhaps this has always been – it is just more noticeable now? I have to remind myself to get out of my own egoism and studying Kabbalah helps me do that.

Tracey
      Participant

I have a very strong sense that narcissism and egoism are increasing. Much research into narcissism also shows that narcissism is more prevalent in some cultures – no surprise that the culture that produces the most narcissists is modern, western, culture – and that narcissistic personality disorder (the most extreme form of narcissism) has been rising steadily in recent years. I see this in my own life as well, in terms of how certain people close to me have treated me, which has been personally very painful.

Anonymous
      Inactive

In every human culture I have been privileged to experience this tendency is obvious

Yaneth
      Participant

A surge of narcissism in my self is centered in our Colombia culture, the Effects of egoism in my life have the effects in my own mother!!

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.