Do you sense the surge of narcissism and self – centeredness in our culture? Where do you feel the effects of egoism in your life the most?

New Home Forums Course Forums Crossroads Film Course #1: HUMANITY AT A CROSSROADS Do you sense the surge of narcissism and self – centeredness in our culture? Where do you feel the effects of egoism in your life the most?

KabU
    Participant

Do you sense the surge of narcissism and self – centeredness in our culture? Where do you feel the effects of egoism in your life the most?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Lu Lu
      Participant

I’m in California and i believe this state has the most Narcissist of any state which makes most of America and other countries follow suit because they follow the entertainment business and social media. It needs to hit rock bottom before humans start to grow and learn compassion for others. Narcissism is a very tough issue to fix.

NAT
      Participant

I notice the rise of cancel culture impeding on a sacred right for self determination and ..lost leading lost into traps of feedback loops of self reception

patrick diederich
      Participant

I experience egoism  as a blockade to adapt to a changing world that would in effect require a fundamental shift of personal and collective attitude. Our egotunnel is limiting our cognition of what is actually out there by focusing only on what it narrowly perceives as  selfinterests or that reinforces our belief that an altruistic attitude is a sign of childish foolishness. No wonder that we do not believe in a sustainable and inclusive future anymore.

Rune T. A.
      Participant

Yes I do. I see it in plenty of the politicians who will not listen to reason and have an attitude of “my way or the highway” and are more than willing to exlude minorities. I see it in the bands that I play in, some are there to shine and feed their ego or soothe their feeling of being a “no one”. I see it in the elitists eugenics programs and their apathy against the filthy, unconscious and useless consumers. I see it in me, for wanting to point my fingers at other peoples senseless, un-godly behavior. And when I seek spirituality to soothe my feeling incompatibleness with the world. But it is not all I see. Iv’e had a hard time learning to not pay constant attention to the debauch and psychopathy of the world, and thereby feed my own anxiety and misery. I was at a point where I would get a thought like “I will tie her (danish prime minister) to a chair and…”, and the thought would die with that. I would get shocked that a thought like that would come to me/from me, and would ask my self, “tie her to a chair and do what? Show her the pain she has caused, knowingly or unknowingly, on a screen? or perhaps torture her until she repends?”  I am not capable of doing those things, and I have sense enough to see that I wouldn’t be doing anyone a favor, least of all solve the worlds problems. But it was an important lesson in “evil inclinations” and my own personal un-corrected ego. I have yet to attain the view that “if I see it, it exists within me”, but I can go along with it. I feel the effects of egoism the most, within my self. I will not harm anyone, but I harm myself (and thereby the rest of Creation), by not taking too good care of me, by keep digging in the “dirt of our leaders” (and play victim), by being lazy/un-motivated, by not wanting to connect to a ten, by wanting to attain spirituality as a selfless gift from above rather than earning it myself, by the way I find myself talking to others as if I know the world and how THEY should think and behave. Oh my, how the ego plays with me all the time…

Purity K
      Participant

Yes, I do sense the surge of narcissism and self- Centeredness in our culture. I feel the effects of egoism the most in my day to day life for example the gas prices dropped per barrel but the gas stations continue to hike their prices for more profits.

Adelina Santos
      Participant

Yes I feel it in the relationships with other people, in society as a whole.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.