How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 3. Understanding Your Inner Self How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

• This topic has 93 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.
Viewing 6 posts - 79 through 84 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Replies

give pleasure to other

Eduardo
      Participant

By finding pleasure in the fulfillment of others.

Cathy
      Participant

It seems impossible to ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire.  It would be lovely to stop all desires and end practically all the suffering in the world.  Having the will to bestow seems like it may be the key to end all desire but in order to bestow don’t you need something to bestow which creates more desire, unless you are able to bestow peace on the world through thoughts all day long.   You still need a desire for food, shelter, and other human needs?

Sharon
      Participant

When we receive not with just the desire of receiving but for bestowing on the giver as well.   Eventually when on a higher level we will learn pure bestowal….if I have understood correctly.

Mike
      Participant

Satisfaction seems to me an illusory goal in this world. Intimations of some lost, higher state coupled with frustrated desires–perhaps the recognition that old age, disease and death come to us all– trigger the E=mc2 of the ego: a higher, eternal pleasure? Yes, I desire that now (my program warns me that this may also be illusory, but worth some effort just in case).  I would know more of this Masach “achieved internally by assistance from a higher level” that makes anything more than desire to receive for receiving possible in this life. What do the authentic sources say about it?

Malka
      Participant

I think that our satisfaction should be; when we see that our effort solves other’s problems. The original purpose of the Creator is the enjoyment in this life, so if we somehow make possible for others that enjoyment,  even if initially is by physical pleasure, that must please the Creator and should accomplish the job. How? I don’t know.

Viewing 6 posts - 79 through 84 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.