Preparation Question: What do you expect from the lesson? What do you desire to achieve from it?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Preparation Question: What do you expect from the lesson? What do you desire to achieve from it?

Viewing 6 posts - 625 through 630 (of 1,840 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Willy Sotomayor
      Participant

I have no personal expectations, but I would like to know the rules of the game of life.

Jarrett Twaddle
      Participant

I don’t know that I expect anything. I want to achieve equivalence of form with the creator, although I know that this is one step, and there is no guarantee that I’ll even be able to make it.

Eric
      Participant

As a spiritual practice, I try not to hold out expectations about anything, especially when it comes to something that may turn out to facilitate my personal transformation. Not only does this practice help me avoid pitfalls on the spiritual path – such as disappointment and overweening attachment to preconceived notions – but it makes it possible to approach each new activity with what is called “beginner’s mind.” In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna tells Arjuna that the essence of spirituality is “to release attachment to the outcome of your work.” This is some of the best advice for the journey of the soul that I have ever heard and practiced, and it has served me well throughout my life.

I really want to change my perspective. I expect that this lesson will change my mind. I have already experienced these previous days, as I was watching the course preparation materials (videos),  these deep insights have made me understand some important realizations that until now I couldn’t see. For example, I saw an interview to Rav Laitman about prayer (www.youtube.com/watch?v=cztp8B_ILyk), and while I was listening to his words of wisdom, I saw clearly that all the effort I put in trying to learn and to be a better person is a kind of lack of confidence.

All my efforts are sustained by the belief that my progress depends on me. If I trust that I am guided by a provident upper Wisdom, there’d be no need to worry or to get stressed about the unfolding of my mind. To be exposed to these ideas and material makes me see points about myself to correct. That I can’t reach on my own. So Thank you very much, I’m very grateful to be on board!

Cinco Leone
      Participant

I expect to gain a basic understanding of what Kabbalah is, to include its world-view.

Matthew
      Participant

To increase my abilities to correctly interpret kabbalistic texts.

Viewing 6 posts - 625 through 630 (of 1,840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.