Preparation Question: What do you expect from the lesson? What do you desire to achieve from it?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Preparation Question: What do you expect from the lesson? What do you desire to achieve from it?

Viewing 6 posts - 811 through 816 (of 1,837 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Enrique Luis
      Participant

De la lección, espero afianzarme en mi comienzo del estudio de la sabiduría de la Cabalá. Con ello quiero lograr ser corregido por el Creador en consonancia con lo que enseña la sabiduría de la Cabalá.

AspiringAltruist
      Participant

I want to understand the paradox of Kabbalah.  I dont understand how to transcend egoism to altruism without becoming a doormat.  I was in an abusive surgical residency and gave everything of myself into the residency, as much as I knew how to give. And, arguably, I gave too much.  I ended up burning out.  Does Kabbalah advocate being abused by a person or a system in power in search of altruism?  It seems easy for a Kabbalahist to be a Kabbalahist with no skin in the game, as in I don’t hear any practical life scenarios in KabU that address this.  I think of Christ, who was the ultimate altruist; does Kabbalah’s altruism extend to actual death in pursuit of shedding the ego?  What happens if a person seeking to be an altruist has a toxic abusive relationship with a parent.  Does the altruist need to give all to that parent leading  to loss of self and psychological deterioration?  I have heard casual answers to this question in KabU media saying:  Kabbalah is purely spiritual, you need to have a psychological condition treated psychologically.  But, this seems flippant and insufficient.  How do you achieve anything without a sense of I?

Hi David,

The spiritual work of bestowal that we’re learning about here is something that we practice only with other points in the heart in the Kabbalistic group. If you practice this anywhere else, in the best case scenario you’ll build some good relationships, in the worst case, people will think you’re weird or try to take advantage of you. But either way it will not lead to the revelation of the Creator. So generally with the rest of the world it’s best to just act normal, like everyone else. Meaning don’t make a saint of yourself and at the same time don’t cause harm to others, but just act the way normal people act there.

Albert @ KabU

Lawrence
      Participant

How to interpret Shiva rituals according to the wisdom of Kabbalah?

Ann
      Participant

To understand the direction of my life.

Mirit Jakab
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Growth</p>

Iheb
      Participant

I want to improve myself, my life and that of those I love.

Viewing 6 posts - 811 through 816 (of 1,837 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.