Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 349 through 354 (of 354 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Camila
      Participant

Changing from egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal means change our intentions, restricting the traditional use of our desires and start using only those we can work for the sake of the Creator.

George
      Participant

The basis of bestowal is love. But to love someone as myself, which means to give what he/she desires to fulfill the other’s person existence. In this way we connect and fuse ourselves. This interaction should be deeper than just giving to fill good about myself, in other words to justify that I am a just a good person.

however, ego is all about myself. I want to be happy. I feel insecure if I give and don’t get anything for myself etc. This way I am disconnected from Nature and others

Douglas
      Participant

Working for and towards the whole vs doing things only for myself. An identity shift

Williams
      Participant

I am separate from all things  and everyone I think

Henry
      Participant

In egoistic perception I think of myself as separate from everyone & everything. Perception based on bestowal means we all are connected.

Brad
      Participant

It means that we understand that to come from the ego in fact only leads to suffering because we can never be truly be fulfilled by the things of this world. To try to fulfill oneself with material things only leads to the path of pain and suffering which is a much harsher way of correction then the path of Kabbalah.

Viewing 6 posts - 349 through 354 (of 354 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.