Putting your feelings aside, what did you take from this section of the course?

New Home Forums Course Forums The World, the Jews and the Science of Human Survival FEELINGS ASIDE Putting your feelings aside, what did you take from this section of the course?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      martin
      Participant

Well as a Jew, who belongs to a reform Synagogue, rather than focus on our global perception we need to expend some energy on our own separateness. Speak to Orthodoxy or Chasidism conservative or liberal or indeed any sub-section of Judaism we pronounce our separateness loudly and clearly. Even in Israel there are serious and public divisions. Best we sort ourselves out first.

Christianne
      Participant

Onvrede over de hele wereld en de rol die het joodse volk hierin kan spelen,  het  boeit me enorm .

Boke
      Participant

This makes things I intuatively always have known, more clear to me in logical and structural way. I see more and more the connection between our mutual internal conflicts and the conficts at large scale in he world around us. I also see more he role of the Jewish people in this bigger picture. As a raised christian, the Jewish histrory has come to me in the stories written in the bible and explained to me through the people in my environment. So it has become part of my system, knowingly and unknowingly. I am very hungry to learn more about his and bring light upon the unconsious (unkown) part in me.

peter
      Participant

it seems like it is a necessary process

Lu Lu
      Participant

As Americans, we have been conditioned to value our existence as pure ego, even to the point of being oblivious to humanity. Although I believe we all have a point in the heart, we were brainwashed and trained to believe that the point in the heart was the value of how others see and treat you, even in a false view.  Instinctively, we know that this is all considered BS, but the ego needs justification from others to go along with the false narrative to be valued. From that, they treat others inhumanely. Sadly, we missed the value of caring for others and loving others to create a harmonious world for all. Thank god the Jews were able to keep this sacred so that all can benefit from what the true meaning of life is. I always loved the song Imagine.

Sheila
      Participant

There is a jealousy of the Jewish nation throughout the world, and a knowledge that much is hidden by the ‘chosen’ people. If the Jews were to show how to unify amongst themselves first, perhaps we would get somewhere on a global scale.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.