Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Verena
      Participant

I am not mother tongue English, but still, it’s a common language for me, whereas I  unfortunately don’t know a word of Hebrew. I like the sound of both languages , so in both cases I could just calm down through the sound of it.But that might just be a mental effect of relaxation. Listening to the English version, I could not stop my mind creating pictures connecting to the content. Mostly something containing the flow of light and energy. In Hebrew, I found myself to be calmer, but also less attentive. Both is giving me peace.

Livi
      Participant

Listening to the words in Hebrew touched my heart in a different way. There is this feeling of peace and yet of longing.

The English version is like a mother’s voice – comforting, loving, familiar. Evoked sensations of contentment and selfless love.

Both are beautiful versions and can only be understood by the heart.

maria santos
      Participant

In English your mind tries to make sense of what is being said, in Hebrew it becomes almost like a mantra or meditative sound where you can focus better.

Assana Colubali
      Participant

While listening the Zohar in English as well in Hebrew, there was times that I was able to really get focused in my intention and also I got a mixture feeling of peace and calmness.

Marita
      Participant

I felt my heart deeply touched by the Hebrew version, and it left me feeling peacefully in awe (if that makes any sense). With the English version, it was more difficult to keep the mind from wandering and trying to understand what was going on.

Helen
      Participant

it’s hard to stop the mind from trying to make sense of what’s said in English, when I understand absolutely nothing all of sudden I realized language itself doesn’t matter, the meaning/force/energy/light behind it is the same. I can either try to understand what the language itself stands for, or try to connect directly with the energy behind the words directly.  I do not know if I was able to connect but at lease all of the sudden I see the possibility. thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.