Young Group Discussion

New Home Forums Course Forums GE Forum – Ask Connect Inspire Young Group Discussion

Zohar
    Participant

Very beautiful and heartfelt selections and motivations!

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      suzanne
      Participant

YG Assignment

Yea, I found the “chat” for the young group.
      I really enjoyed the Sunday Night with Friends 26 February–Zohar from the Convention
      “I want to awake before the dawn; not wait for the dawn to awaken me” and many more topics seemed to enrich our studies so far.

I also really enjoyed Sunday’s posting to YouTube
      EXPERIENCE KABBALAH:  The Epic Meeting of Light & Darkness in Our Times
      What a great presentation and overview of Kabbalah with readings from Baal HaSulam.

I just wanted to share because these two presentations made an impression on me and seemed to pull together all we have been learning, and I feel more clarity and curiosity.  Peace friends

suzanne
        Participant

Just wanted to correct a mistake

This is not from the “Convention” but from the Congress.  Peace.

Joseph
      Participant

YG Homework assignment post:

3. RABASH, Article No. 18 (1989), “What Is, ‘There Is No Blessing in That Which Is Counted,’ in the Work?”

When a person should replace the goal, meaning where in the beginning of his work in Torah and Mitzvot, his goal—which he wanted to achieve through the labor—was self-benefit, now he replaces the goal. That is, where he thought, “When will I achieve the goal for my will to receive so I can enjoy?” now he yearns for the goal and says, “When will I be able to delight the Creator and relinquish self-benefit?”

Since this purpose is against nature, he needs more faith in the Creator, since he must always exert to obtain the greatness of the Creator. That is, to the extent that he believes in the greatness of the Creator, to that extent he can work with this intention. For this reason, it is upon a person to pray each day that the Creator will open his eyes so he will recognize the greatness and importance of the Creator, so he has fuel to labor with the aim to bestow.

Reason I chose this text: because this replacing the goal occupies my thoughts and feelings day and night.

What I feel from this text: Currently I am in a state of fully seeing my lack in changing goal from self-benefit. The question, “When will I be able to delight the Creator and relinquish self-benefit?” Brings a deep longing and sense of complete helplessness. Praying just to be able to pray for more faith in the Creator.

Katel
      Participant

Dear Friends,

This soul awakening insights are attributed to Rabash from the Article: (“The Purpose of Society – 1”).

Who is the Creator?

The Creator is the ROOT or the GIVER.

Who are the creatures?

The creatures are the BRANCHES or the RECEIVERS.

What is the underlying rule that governs the Creator and created beings?

The underlying rule is that; the Branches are similar, to the Root from which the Branches were born.

Why is the world not receiving delight and pleasure from the Creator?

The reason why the creatures are not receiving delight and pleasure, even though it was the reason for creation, is the disparity of form between the Creator and the creatures. (There is a serious non-conformity of the underlying rule that governs the Creator and created beings).

Why was the World created?

While the world was created to receive delight and pleasure from the Creator, the “Fear of God” is the main reason the whole world was created!

What is the Fear of God?

The Fear of God is the fear of using one’s vessel of reception, called “self-love” or ego to receive pleasures because one craves them or for self-benefit.

Why should one develop this fear?

The reason why one needs to develop this fear is that there is no reception in our Root, since the Creator is in no way deficient and needs nothing to satisfy His want, man also who by default is a resemblance of the Root feels unpleasantness when he needs to be a receiver. This is why every person is ashamed to eat the bread of shame. To correct that, the world had to be created. Olam [world] means He’elem [concealment], so that delight and pleasure must be concealed. Why is it so? The answer is, for fear.

How can one rise above self-love or the ego?

One should have the strength to prevail over self-love or the ego only through the help of the Creator by observing Torah and Mitzvot. This means that the creature will want to bestow upon the Creator and will have fear of the Creator, by not receiving for one’s own benefit, which can separate one from cleaving to one’s Source of existence. And to achieve bestowal upon the Creator, one must begin with bestowal upon man, which is called “love of others” or observing Mitzvot as I heard from Rav Dr. Laitman.

Jack Brenon
        Participant

Nice work Joseph.  This very inner dialog with the Creator is what is raising MAN and at time one receives MUD from above only to realize that one has more work to do as the ego rises to meet that challenge by the point in the heart that wants to grow.  I guess this is where one finds the MIDDLE Point that is talked about in so many lessons.  The RIGHT that wants to remain with the Creator and the LEFT that pulls one away.

I think, This is what Seth was talking about yesterday in Pitcha about raising the LOWER Malkut to BINA which is made up of two lights (Hassadim and Hochma) and there is where the mixing occurs.  Of course, there it is happening at the level of Atzalut, but it is a similar process in the inner dialog.

Marko Podgorsek
      Participant

Lesson 4 – The three pillars – Group and books – Assignment

Hello friends,

After Gianni talked about What Happens When We Die? in Kabbalah Explained Simply, I delved a little deeper into the subject. This excerpt shows a true source (Nidah, 16b) and Rabashes explanation.

However, we must know that each person who is born has the work of choice, for one is not born righteous, as our sages said (Nidah, 16b), and these are their words: “Rabbi Hanina Ben Papa said, ‘That angel appointed over pregnancy is called Laila [night]. He takes a drop, places it before the Creator, and says to Him, ‘Lord of the world, what shall become of this drop? A mighty one or a weakling, a wise or a fool, wealthy or poor?’ But wicked or righteous he did not say.’”

This means that one is not born righteous, as he did not say, “righteous or poor.” Rather, this is given to man’s choice. According to each one’s labor in Torah and Mitzvot [commandments], so he is rewarded with cleansing his heart and correcting that which he must according to the root of his soul, and then he is completed.

Rabash, What Is the Degree One Should Achieve in Order Not to Have to Reincarnate?, Article 10, 1984

It is really interesting that from the first sentence “…for one is not born righteous..” to the last “But wicked or righteous he did not say.” the flow of my thoughts got disconnected.

Without the explanation I would have certainly missed such profound insight that being righteous is man’s choice.

Original kabbalistic writings inspire me to persist in study so that someday I will see what is written between the lines, hidden from plain sight, and to see the difference between what the white paper says and what the letters say.

Marko

Sauli
      Participant

Hi, just wanted you to know that there was a problem with my email address so i didn’t get an invitation to join Young Group that started last sunday but I’m going to join next sunday with you… I did watch last lesson a minute ago…

Tom
      Participant

Hello Friends!

In preparation for the upcoming convention this weekend I went ahead and converted the current posted schedule on the convention website from Israeli time to Eastern Standard Time:

Convention Schedule EST

Friday 12/2/22

7:30 pm – 8 pm: Lesson Preparation

8:00 pm – 10:30 pm: Lesson 1

10:30 pm – 10:40 pm: Presentation

10:30 pm – 10:50 pm: Break

10:50 pm – 11:30 pm: Meal

Saturday 12/3/22

4:30 am – 5 am: Lesson Preparation

5 am – 6 am: Lesson 2

6 am – 6:45 am: Workshop

6:45 am – 6:50 am Presentation

6:50 am – 7:00 am Break

7 am – 8 am: Meal

10:30 am – 11:30 am: Workshop

11:30 am – 12:00 pm: Active Break

12:00 pm – 12:30 pm Meal

12:30 pm – 1:15 PM: “Tisch”

7:30 pm – 8 pm: Lesson Preparation

8:00 pm – 10:30 pm: Lesson 1

10:30 pm – 10:40 pm: Presentation

10:30 pm – 10:50 pm: Break

10:50 pm – 11:30 pm: Meal

Sunday 12/4/22

4:30 am – 5 am: Lesson Preparation

5 am – 6 am: Lesson 4

6 am – 6:45 am: Workshop

6:45 am 6:50: Presentation

6:50 am – 7:00 am: Break

7 am – 8 am: Meal

10:30 am – 11 am: Light Meal

11:00 am – 11:30 am: Congress Summary Workshop

11:30 am – 12:15 pm: Global Assembly of Friends

LeChaim!

-Tom DeVitis

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘Young Group Discussion’ is closed to new replies.