Young Group with Gianni discussion forum

New Home Forums Course Forums GE Forum – Ask Connect Inspire Young Group with Gianni discussion forum

Zohar
    Participant

All assignments and homework for the Young Group with Gianni

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Marko Podgorsek
      Participant

The Quality of the Wisdom of the Hidden in General – Articles – Baal HaSulam

Therefore, you will see that the majority of the learned ones, as soon as they have completed their learning and can enjoy the fruits of their work, abandon the study and go out to trade with the people and be rewarded. But the minority restrain themselves and continue to learn, each according to one’s own talents. It is so because they want to receive a greater reward, such as to be among the greatest in the generation or be innovators. Naturally, after some time their peers become very jealous of them.

———-

I chose this excerpt because it gives me inspiration to not be satisfied and continue the study.

Jarrett Twaddle
      Participant

Excerpt from: What Is, “A Ladder Is Set on the Earth, and Its Top Reaches Heaven,” in the Work?
      Article No. 9, 1990

“But when he receives from above the feeling of what it means to do everything only for the Creator, the person does not want the Creator to give him this power, and he resists with all his might. Therefore, when a person begins to ask the Creator to give him the power to overcome the will to receive, a person still does not have the full power of resistance of the body, since he still does not know what is “entirely for the Creator.”
      Therefore, when his prayer is answered from above, what is the answer? The answer comes from above in that they show him so he will know what he is asking, as though there is no deceit here, so he will later be able to say, “I did not know what I was asking.” For this reason, a person must know that the Creator does hear the prayer. And the reason he sees that now he is worse than before he prayed for the power to overcome the will to receive, this is the answer from above to his prayer.”

I chose this because we reviewed the first half in the Graduate Class and I found it particularly difficult to remove corporeal interpretations during the reading. I’m very happy that Mike and Igal recommended reading this a few times to let it really sink in.
      In reading these paragraphs, it feels that the ego wants to rise above and diminish the value of the friends, that bestowal somehow feels “wrong” to it, and for this reason the ego resists. When I am given tests and blows to the ego, I want to justify myself somehow, and so to humble myself before the friends, to see that they are great, are already in spirituality, and that they offer me these tests to my ego to bring me up to their level, is going to feel so very foreign and much that “I did not know what I was asking.” Then I am given the realization that the friends are very much higher than I am, and that the uncomfortable feeling I have is actually a blessing, and then I must admit the ego to defeat, once again, for even the realization that I might coming into any equivalence of form is enough to break my concentration, and I would much rather serve the creator and the friends without even knowing it, lest knowing break my concentration and the creator or friends be forced to carry any undue burden from me if I weren’t in such a lowly state.

Namron
      Participant

From Shamati 26.

Thus, if one knows his lowliness, that he is not more privileged than his contemporaries, meaning he sees that there are many people in the world who were not given the strength to do the holy work even in the simplest way, even without the intention and in Lo Lishma [not for Her sake], even in Lo Lishma of Lo Lishma, and even in preparation for the preparation of the clothing of Kedusha [holiness], while he was imparted the desire and thought to at least occasionally do holy work, even in the simplest possible way, if one can appreciate the importance of this, according to the importance one attributes to the holy work, to that extent he should give praise and thanks for it.

This excerpt reminds me how lucky and grateful I should be for being able to participate in this work.

suzanne
      Participant

From the sources:

Baal HaSulam, Letter No. 47

Hence, turn away from all the imaginary engagements and set your hearts on thinking thoughts and devising proper tactics to truly connect your hearts as one, so the words “Love your friend as yourself” will literally come true in you, for a verse does not reach beyond the literal, and you will be cleaned by the thought of love that will cover all crimes. Test me in that, and begin to truly connect in love, and then you will see, “the palate will taste.”

I chose this excerpt because I want to discern what “imaginary engagements” my ego puts before me.  Also, I heard Kabbalah is practical and this excerpt reflects this by encouraging “proper tactics to truly connect your hearts”.  Lastly, this excerpt aims my heart to the one goal.

Kimadigital7
      Participant

2- In order to make ourselves a Rav, we must obey, accept and absorb his message  without any resistance. We must equalize with his command by listening to what he tells us and obeying it and carrying out as mush as we can. The role that Rav has for us is to constantly connecting himself to us so that we can attain the revelation of the Creator.

3- My impression about Rav is that he is committed in fulfilling what the Creator need him to do. And he is doing it with joy.

Ricardo Alves
      Participant

From our sorces, I chose this article.

kabbalahmedia.info/en/sources/qxtEj1Ii

Because the creator is concealed, we give him importance. So to reveal him we empreend a demand.

with this text we understand the importance of the demand, the important is the demand.
      I believe that in our young group we are in that demand.

Bless you!

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.