Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 961 through 966 (of 1,103 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      mrc s
      Participant

Is lust sin..?

Mrc,

Baal HaSulam writes that envy, lust, and honor bring a person out of this world. This is in the case that I see how my friends are greater than me; more spiritually advanced, and I want to be like them; serious, devoted, focused on the goal etc. I don’t want to bring them down, but I use their greatness as fuel to rise. Moreover, Kabbalists describe that the only sin is not attributing everything in reality to the single force called There is None Else Besides Him.

Joseph – KabU

mrc s
      Participant

What is righteousness..?

Mrc,

A righteous is one who justifies his Maker, and who strives to achieve equivalence of form with Him, meaning to acquire the intention to bestow over all of one’s actions.

Joseph – KabU

mrc s
      Participant

What is the meaning of: do not discern faces it’s not good.., is it means that we must view people as equal..?

Mrc,

First of all, I do not understand what source you are referencing in order to interpret your first statement. About your second question, Rabash does teach us that we must strive to build a connection of equality between us. There are some states where I am higher than the friends and am bestowing to them, and some states where I am lower compared to their greatness, receiving from them like a child to it’s mother. But ultimately we must reach equality between us.

Joseph – KabU

mrc s
      Participant

Do we subconsciously make a contraction (Tzimtzum) or it’s already pass (the stage) and now we receive in order to receive again..?

Hi Mrc,

I have copied my answer to your question below as the answer speaks to both questions:

Kabbalists describe the state of creation before the emergence of this world and the souls that inhabit it. There, they speak of the tzimtzum. This is from above down, and is considered an action of the Creator. Besides this, there is also the matter of the tzimtzum from below upwards. Here we speak of the decision of the created beings to only receive pleasure for the sake of bringing contentment to the Creator. And here we speak of the realization of the freedom of choice of the created beings.

One thing I would add is that we never receive in order to receive. This is forbidden due to the initial tzimtzum from above down. Rather, we learn to receive in order to bestow. In this is the realization of the purpose of creation.

Joseph – KabU

mrc s
          Participant

So right now we can’t receive to receive although our intention is so..?

mrc s
      Participant

Does our souls in previous life perform the Tzimtzum by ourselves..?

Mrc,

Kabbalists describe the state of creation before the emergence of this world and the souls that inhabit it. There, they speak of the tzimtzum. This is from above down, and is considered an action of the Creator. Besides this, there is also the matter of the tzimtzum from below upwards. Here we speak of the decision of the created beings to only receive pleasure for the sake of bringing contentment to the Creator. And here we speak of the realization of the freedom of choice of the created beings.

Joseph – KabU

mrc s
      Participant

I guess I know how to make money easily.., it’s in the book of proverbs:

Eat and drink less

Sleep less

Do not love wine and oil (I have a feeling they reverse this so that love oil and wine is the correct one possibly)

Be diligent

Give to others

Do not slumber and clasps/fold hands

And do not love mirth

You can search in Google

Viewing 6 posts - 961 through 966 (of 1,103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.