Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 115 through 120 (of 434 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      zeinab
      Participant

Hi Gianni,

From Rav Laitman’s blog of May 23,2011, Title, have you ordered the magic table cloth, the following except refers,

“The upper Light existing outside us doesn’t have any form; it has only the desire to bestow. If you want to derive pleasure from it the correct way, He will give you this sensation at once, without problems. Therefore, everything depends on the creature. The form of reality depends on our desires, vessels of perception. That is why we have nobody to pray to, nobody to ask, nobody to turn to, but only to ourselves, to the extent of our corruptness and the ability to become a little bit more corrected.

We’ll feel better to the extent we correct ourselves. In essence, this is the entire process we experience.”

The Rav says everything is only prayer and that the Creator loves our prayers, the part in bold says there is no one to pray to? this is confusing.. kindly shed some light,

Thank you

Sure, but this reminds us not to pray for anything in the world to change. No one receives such prayers. I need to see my own corrupt vessels and turn with them to my Upper Degree of corrected connection with others. Yearning toward it is called prayer.

Kimadigital7
      Participant

You should know that numerous sparks of sanctity exist in each member of the group, and as you gather all the sparks of sanctity into one place, as brothers dwelling together, in love and friendship, you will surely reach a very significant stature of sanctity at that time from the Light of Life.

The Writings of Baal HaSulam, Letters, Letter 13

Question:
      What is the Many sparks of Sanctity mean? And how do we bond with it through the friends? Or How can we help the friends bond with this many sparks of sanctity?

Each friend has a spark (or sparks) that fell down from the Upper World into their desire. I need to lower myself before them, see them as great: you need to be lower than faucet receive from it. You can help others by setting an example of how you lower yourself before the ten.

Hi Gianni,

Can you please explain the concept of generation in Kabbalah? Like, this is the time of the last generation, the reincarnation is not individual rather generation-wise etc… surely they don’t refer to “generation of ’92”, so what is a generation?

Thank you in advance!

Of course, it’s not according to generations in our world, but as in our world, there is a limited quantity, and this quantity determines the quality of the generation. In spirituality though we could get to the quantity required for the generation to be considered whole and complete at any time. According to the path of suffering humanity is on, the Last Generation nevertheless began, but is not complete. In the 1400s Kabbalists already said that this time was upon us and that all could study Kabbalah. But what can we do? Those who can ascend need to ascend before others can.

AspiringAltruist
      Participant

How does the ego come to submission under spirituality?

The ego, with its slippery and insidious nature, is a beastly inclination that seems to define our very existence. I find the word “insidious” particularly fitting, because it is literally defined as “proceeding in a, gradual, subtle way, but with harmful effects.”

The question that lingers in my mind is this: How does the ego ultimately yield to the influence of spirituality?

Authentic sources have conveyed to me that our objective is not to completely eliminate the ego, but rather to redirect its intention. As I delve into these teachings, I am increasingly conscious of the pervasive presence of egoism in my own life, dominating almost every aspect. Reflecting on moments when my egoism flared up (ie. satisfying myself at the cost of the other), I often wonder if there could have been an alternative reaction, or if it was truly impossible to behave differently.

This leads me to ponder whether egoism in spirituality simply dissolves and aligns with spiritual intentions, or if it assumes a new, imperceptible state beyond my current understanding?

We don’t need to not work with the ego in our world. We need to behave like the middle cross-section of people in our society. If I’d rather not, but I have to because that’s the kind of world the Creator set up, then it’s already according to the Creator’s plan and not egoistic. That’s not the real place of work. The real work is in the group, in my indifference to them, that I don’t like dwelling for long in thoughts about their connection and advancement. That’s the ego. Work in this direction, the Light will work, and we’ll see how eventually It, the Light, inverts the ego to bestowing.

Clara
      Participant

I’ve thought once ‘a point in the heart must be like a hole, it is dark’. In a recent discussion in the ten a friend said according her remembering of studying pticha – a point in the heart is a corrupted desire, and that this point in the heart, as a dark one, attaches itself to the ahap of a ‘person’ with a higher degree. I’ve thought the GE, meaning the light of a person, i.e. the light of someone get linked to the ahap of a higher degree person. So – is the point in the heart a dirty and corrupted place/sequence parzufim are linking through?

Clara
        Participant

Hi Gianni, thank you for not deleting my post. Today I got the answer from the lesson

“(…)at its essence, Malchut has no more than a dot, a black dot that has no white in it.

If one accepts that dot as the core, and not as something superfluous that one wishes to be rid of, but moreover, he accepts it as adornment, it is called “a handsome abode in one’s heart.” This is because he does not condemn this servitude, but makes it essential to him. This is called “raising the Shechina [Divinity] from the dust.” When one sustains the basis as his core, he can never fall from his degree, since there is no departure in the core. (…)”

From Shamati 127, The Difference between Core, Self and Added Abundance

Noon lesson today

Clara
        Participant

Today my questions are more clear

1. Is the point in the heart actually a corrupted desire/dark light? And does it get connected with the dark light of the ahap of the upper degree?

2. I’ve heard we have no soul until we grow one, but in articles is said about souls and their arrival in this world, for example. Do we have individual souls? Is the point in the heart considered as a soul?

I apologies for the inconvenience, I will never forget again that texts cannot be edited. I’ll do better! Thank you!

Sorry I missed this, Clara.

1) No the Point in the Heart is like the stem cell or seed of the vessel for the Light. It can’t take any volume yet because it’s a lone Point for now.

2) The books usually speak of the state we should aspire to. The Point in the Heart is the beginning of the soul, but such an early phase of it that we can’t feel anything spiritual in it.

David
      Participant

Hi

Could you connect me to the song and to the lyrics in Hebrew of this song?

Song hummed (kind of) – ah when I posted the post it stripped out the link to Cloudup whee I put a recording of me humming it. So with no link – the only word I recall from the song is milchama –

I wanted to join in the song at the Sukkot convention when I was there at the Centre, but I didn’t know the words.

Sorry if this is a bit opaque.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

David

Viewing 6 posts - 115 through 120 (of 434 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.