Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 139 through 144 (of 434 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      AspiringAltruist
      Participant

I’ve learned about prayer from Kabbalah, that only a true prayer is answered.  Which comes from a place of absolute need, deficiency.  A prayer that is not meant to change the world to fit my needs, but to ask the Creator to change me.  But my prayers don’t ever seem to work.  What am I doing wrong?  Am I looking in the wrong direction for the answer?  I keep on coming up to this roadblock.

A child asks for a plane but gets a car. The parent knows he can’t fly before he learns to drive. The child curses the gift. Our requests are always fulfilled but according to an order that can be, according to the laws in front of me. Keep asking.

Kimadigital7
      Participant

Feeling of Importance

Whenever we are in the group, we are often ask to appreciate each other in the group. When my friends in the ten appreciates me, I always feel this feeling of importance. I wish to ask, is this feeling an egoistic feeling? How can can I direct this feeling of importance in order to bestow upon the Creator?

Thank you

Hello, can you please help me understand this – the more I work, the more I am more and more in descend than ascend. And what to do please?

Thank you in advance!

Depends what we’re calling a descent. If it’s a descent in my good feeling, then it could be that the more I work toward the Creator through the friends, the more I feel my empty vessel. After all, on the way to the goal I need to reveal an empty vessel because I need to be above it with a Screen. But right now I’m immersed in this vessel. I don’t enjoy the feeling of being peeled off from it unless I’m in the friends. If I’m integrated in them, I can watch what happens to “me” in third-person.

Otherwise, it can’t be that I work and descend literally. This article is related: http://www.kabbalah.info/eng/content/view/frame/32285?/eng/content/view/full/32285&main

Thank you Gianni! The article is, as always, a spot on 🙂

My descent looks like this: I am distracted by corporeal things way too much, don’t want to read or listen to lessons or articles, it’s difficult to go to a meeting, but at the same time, I am feeling anxious and nervous that I don’t feel any importance, and I panic. I feel completely abandoned, left to my own devices and I don’t like those feelings. It’s hard even to pray! Is this a descent or am I just going crazy?

When the descent is in relation to the spiritual goal, it’s a descent. “Anything but leave” has to be one’s approach. This is the work that counts most.

Luke
      Participant

Shalom, I hope everyone is well.

My question is, what do the Kabbalists say about Teshuva? Does Teshuva affect the upper worlds and draw reforming light in a similar way to the texts? Are these two related in any way?

I hope the question is relevant.

Thank you

The problem is to know what Teshuva is. If it’s an action that I imagine I can do outside of a group of ten, then it’s not Teshuva. Even then, it’s not the same as drawing the Light from the books of Baal HaSulam and Rabash.

Luke
          Participant

Teshuva could be a great action/intent inside the ten. I imagine it would help with connection, help to annul before the ten and see each person as greater than myself and many other things too.

Luke
      Participant

Shalom! I hope everyone is well.

My question, Are there any authentic Kabbalah texts translated and with vowel points for us to read and learn from? Similar to the interlinear Bible or Torah classics library format?  Also how important is it in Kabbalah to know/learn Hebrew? This would be crucial I imagine? Example, some words are feminine and masculine ending, we know in Kabbalah masculine is bestowal and feminine receiving etc.

Thank you

No, the texts of Kabbalah don’t typically have what are called Tagin and Nekodot. They’re not important because one who attains the letters attains them with these additions and therefore doesn’t need them to be written. Similarly, one who attains spirituality attains it in the forms of the Hebrew letters. So, he doesn’t necessarily need to already know Hebrew. Theoretically, one could attain the letters, words, sentences the way these letters emerged to begin with, which is by Kabbalists attaining the spiritual worlds and discovering it was possible specifically through these forms. Not through the external appearances of the letters, of course, but there are inner movements that we are not familiar with that these letters represent.

Of course, you’re welcome to learn Hebrew, but no, it’s not even in the top ten things a person must do first in order to attain spirituality.

Luke
          Participant

Thank you.

AspiringAltruist
      Participant

In many of the Kabbalah lessons from this school, there is a recurring emphasis on refraining from creating visual representations of God. My interpretation of this teaching is rooted in the belief that such depictions stimulate our intellect/ego but do not necessarily contribute to real spiritual growth. Interestingly, I’ve observed that this school frequently employs schematics, diagrams, and illustrations as teaching tools for spirituality. Personally, I find myself deeply drawn to this method of instruction because it resonates with me on a profound level.

Rather than viewing these diagrams as mere intellectual stimulants, I see them as symbolic arrows pointing us towards a deeper feeling of the Creator. I’ve even had dreams of transforming these diagrams into sculptures. However, this apparent contradiction between the teachings against graven images and the use of visual aids in our spiritual journey raises some questions for me.

When is it acceptable to create visual representations in the pursuit of spiritual enlightenment, and when does it cross the line into forbidden territory?

There are explanations. But what’s safest, especially if you don’t totally agree, is to follow the Kabbalists. They do draw diagrams as you can see in Baal HaSulam’s HaIlan (The Tree) in Kabbalah for the Student. They don’t turn the forces mentioned in the Torah and so on, into people drawings, and prohibit it.

Viewing 6 posts - 139 through 144 (of 434 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.