Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Experience Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Massimo Roselli
      Participant

Hi Gianni, why do I see only or mostly men in the videos with Michael Laitman about the lesson preparation for each course?

I think those videos are from in-person 3 am lessons with Dr. Laitman and that was generally the makeup of that audience.

Yvon Decelles
      Participant

So bad karma affects and follows you in your next life only until you awaken to your spiritual calling? If you do then “all is forgiven “ did I get that right?

We’re facing a single interconnected system in which everything is recorded. Punishment is felt when I’m not adapted to that system, which is all bestowal – I’m still operating according to what my ego dictates. By doing so I am lining up all kinds of boots in the air that will kick me. But if I start going according to Kabbalists advice then I’m running ahead of those boots. Because they are coming to correct me. If I’m already running towards correction, I don’t need to be kicked. This system is demanding correction from each person, to the extent of their development.

Francisco
      Participant

Hi Gianni,

I have a question concerning karma which is mentioned in this week’s last video. Perhaps this is not related to Kabbalah, but I will ask it anyway, please do point out if I should not have!

It is evident indeed that ‘Personal Karma’ is not executed in this world (at least from the ‘egoistic’ point of view). It seems  (from this POV) that powerful, reckless and ruthless people rarely get ‘punished’ for their misdeeds. On the contrary, they get rewarded by them (again on the egoistic POV).

Considering how some people succumb to misfortune events completely unrelated to their deeds, which seem to depend on the geographic place they are in or other ‘coincidences’, Julian mentioned the term ‘Collective Providence’. However and considering the paragraph above, does it make sense that an ‘evil’ person gets clothed by a ‘punished’ future life for his deeds? Or is all of this completely unrelated? Or even still, can such an ‘evil’ one repent within his lifetime and still achieve the Creator?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Francisco,

Sorry I missed this. This concept is so wrong that it is worthwhile to throw it away and start over. No calculation about how it works will be correct. We’re in a big, interconnected system, the interactions and ricochets in which expand across lifetimes and above time-states. But more than that, the reasoning for what happens in this system is above any reasoning we have.

If a person is trying with all his might to correct himself, no matter what he did, even if he did atrocities, if now he’s trying with all his might to reach spiritual correction, and he does so in a direction that is correct, meaning according to Kabbalists, then, since he is now heading towards the true purpose of his life, and his correction, he can become completely purified and beloved by the Upper Force. Everyone has this destiny before them. Meaning what he did before he knew about the true purpose of life was all in the hands of the Creator, even if one was the most evil in history; while what one does after he discovers the goal of life, he’s accountable for; and then he can start distancing or coming closer to the Creator. And then there is a very different calculation with him from Above.

Joseph
      Participant

Hi Gianni, in video 1.2 you stated that the souls of the 10 Kabbalists that connected to write the Zohar each represented one of the 10 Sefirot. First, my understanding is we only have points in the heart and souls get created by the connection in the ten. Did they already have souls instead of just points in the heart? Is the connection of soul to Sefirot predetermined, part of process, or people need to be purposefully put together as there is a way to determine what Sefirot they are connected to?  Does this even apply in this manner to the ten we will be entering?

Francisco
        Participant

I see, thank you for the answer Gianni.

Every Kabbalist had to start from this world and discover the root of his soul, which is predetermined, and cannot be told in advance, but only realized by the attaining Kabbalist.

Richard Lively
      Participant

You referred to Preparing our imagination for the ten.  Ba’al Sulam recorded in his Prophecy of Ba’al Sulam, ” it seemed as though all the people in the world have gathered in a group before my mind’s eye.”

What is the “mind’s eye’?  Is this part of what you mean by imagination, is this how we “sense the upper worlds?  Or is this simply more Kabbalistic Code, that is too hard to understand.  I am curious why attainment is so cut and dry, because on the outside it simply looks like we must slowly do inwardly psychological work to reach the worlds.  That does not make a lot of sense either simply because how would one know which degree one was on based on inwardly changes of actions (unless there is a list).   Lots of questions about the preparation of imagination but these are just a few.  Thank you for your patience and explanation.  I am trying to separate the fictional from the non fictional style poetry of Roots and Branch writing.  This way I can try my best to understand at least from a beginner  point of view.  Sadly the more I dig and advance in the study of technical  Kabbalah the less I understand and have questions about practical Kabbalah.  One thing I  know is for sure, the desire  is there for these and many other answers

Hi Richard,

I don’t know how much can be conveyed in words, but the answer is simple. Imagination serves just one purpose, that one will imagine one’s future state. He needs to first learn about that state. Because while there are many intermediary states he could diverge to, the next purposeful state ahead is pre-decided. He needs to imagine it as much as possible. It’s not that his imagination is important. But he does not like to think about a state that is not in agreement with his ego. So, the imagination is the playground in which he plays. trying to show to what extent he wants to dwell in what Kabbalists speak of as the future state. What Kabbalists write about is what I need to move towards.

Maria Bolgar
      Participant

Thank you Gianni for your reply.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.