Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 429 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Greg
      Participant

My recognition of my nature, created as the will to receive is perhaps a beginner thing for some, but now I see it everywhere in my life, and I don’t like it at all. It’s almost like I am spiritually “hungry” all the time. From my understanding Kabbalah is perhaps a progressive science, and it may take time to develop how to deal with this feeling because I don’t think it’s going to go away anytime soon. How does one cope with this?

As a follow up question, how does one deal with the dichotomies between spiritual growth and practicalities of day-to-day living?

Hi Greg, great questions!

1. If you don’t see your nature as standing in your way, then you have no drive to do anything about it. So it’s good when we reveal such things. It’s only then that we have a true prayer for the Creator to correct us.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2017/03/what-is-prayer/

2. We need to find a good balance between our corporeal lives and our spiritual aspirations. Without a good balance in our corporeal lives, we won’t be able to advance in spirituality either. This is called “no flour, no Torah – no Torah, no flour”.

Meaning a Kabbalist continues to exist on the level of this world throughout the entire spiritual ladder. So I cannot just turn into a monk and disconnect from this life and only focus on spirituality. On the other hand, if I only focus on corporeality, then I’m no different than an animal.

So the important thing is to find the right balance between the two: to take care of all of one’s normal necessities: to work, take care of the family, health, etc (this is called flour) and to set aside some time on a regular basis to focus on spirituality (this is called Torah).

And in the more advanced stages of our development, we will see how our day to day life helps us with our spiritual development.

Albert @ KabU

Greg
      Participant

I had never thought

Greg
        Participant

Thank you, Albert.

Sometimes thoughts come to me seemingly randomly, but a while back I came to the idea that instead of always asking for things and favors from him, that simply asking to be in his presence would be what I want. To commune with him without an agenda.

Trying to be still during these times is difficult because the mind wanders. My thought process is that if we are to continuously ask for things and favors from an earthly person and nothing else, perhaps someone we want a relationship with, it would drive them away so why do we treat him with this kind of disrespect?

Thank you for the link to the Dr’s article, it is my desire to ask only for the correction of my ego and to be part of his universal love.

Greg
        Participant

Oops, fat fingers!

Debra
      Participant

Thank you for an amazing lesson, there is much to digest and absorb. Would the Kabbalah have been a focus of study for the Essenes of Qumran?

Hi Debra,

I’m not an expert in such things. We can speculate one way or another, but ultimately it would just be speculations.

Albert @ KabU

Azhley Byers
      Participant

Why was Kabbalah hidden, and what makes this current time appropriate for Kabbalah to be revealed?

Hi Azhley,

Kabbalah is the method by which we can correct our egoistic nature. As a result of this correction we become similar to the Creator, to the general force of love and bestowal. As a result of becoming similar to Him, we reveal Him in practice in our lives.

Why was it necessary to conceal such a wisdom? Because egoism was still not yet fully developed. For example: if you compare Kabbalah to a medicine that can cure a rare disease, obviously you can’t take the medicine before you’re diagnosed with the disease, but once the disease actually manifests, you can take the medicine and be cured of it.

It’s just like the 5 stages development of a disease within a person. First a person is healthy. Then he is sick, but he does not feel it. Then the disease spreads to the point that he starts to feel pain and symptoms of the disease. This then pushes him to go to a doctor to get diagnosed and find the cure, and etc.

2000 years ago, egoism was still on a very low level, there was no need to correct it. Starting from the days of the Ari, egoism already grew to a certain extent (and technically the prohibition on Kabbalah ended there), but humanity still didn’t feel sick, on the contrary the ego was the main driving force of all of our development. Then from around 1995 egoism peaked and began to show itself as bad, like a cancer that begins to kill the host body. This is the peak at which there was a true need for the cure. Which in essence is what the Kabbalists have been waiting for all these years, for the desire, for egoism to fully ripen.

Albert @ KabU

Ranga
      Participant

Thank you for a great lesson. Teaching is very clear. Looking forward to going deeper into the wisdom of Kabbalah. I have no questions at this time.

Ranga

JamesM
      Participant

Hello.

This first lesson was wonderful, thank you.

Prior to beginning the course, I contacted Chabad, as I was curious about their opinion on the teaching of Kabbalah to non-Jews, as well as their thoughts on Dr Laitman and B’nei Baruch.

As expected, they did not have a positive view of Dr Laitman or what they referred to as “pop Kabbalah”.

While I generally hold Chabad in high regard, I was disappointed and a bit confused with their attitude.

I would appreciate it very much if you could shed some light on why such negative views persist.

Thank you.

Hi James,

It’s not my place to comment on such things. We need to remember that “there is no coercion in spirituality”. So even if I disagree with the views of other organizations, it’s not my place to fight them or attract anyone to ourselves. No one has the right to coerce others into studying Kabbalah. It’s ultimately the person himself that must feel these things out and find the path that is most suitable for his development. This follows the saying that “one studies only where one’s heart desires”.

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 429 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.