Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 97 through 102 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Sandor
      Participant

“When we reach the level of absolute sinner, we can cry out to the Creator and eventually rise to the level of the absolutely righteous.” I experienced this just one day before the lesson. That was a very intense, sad, and then released feeling. I try to explain what I feel/felt

First, sad, than happy. Precisely:.

I got a clear white light as I was in it. This light comes from a distant source from a small point first, and this source can come closer and surround me anytime I want. That helped me see I am not alone.
      It has been a long time since I have been pleased with this state. I cannot stand it. It is too good, so I close myself and stay dark inside.
      Then, a purple-ish light/feeling still comes into me to help me out from the dark. Like: OK, you need not be ashamed. You will get at least this.
      If I restrict this purple-ish light, I got
      A green light in me. The green light means growing/healing.
      Purple-ish light comes in me but above the green. Every person – I have ever felt – has hurt me feels in me on that purple-is-light level.
      Everybody else on earth feels like being in the white light.
      And the question: is this normal and means something, or is it only my unexplainable imagination?

Hi Sandor,

I cannot comment on your personal feelings. In general, we go through many states, many ups and downs on the spiritual path. The main thing is to just keep going, keep placing yourself under the influence of the reforming light, especially during the time of the Kabbalistic studies, and it will balance everything out.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Sandor
          Participant

Thank you Albert!

Sandor
      Participant

We have learned the Kabbalists hid the wisdom, but not anymore. This wisdom is here for some. Should I hide my understanding of Kabbalah and strong feelings from my partner while studying? I see her desires are sometimes at different levels than mine. She may misunderstand what I partially understand myself. To whom should I speak about my feelings?

Hi Sandor,

In general, we don’t speak about our personal attainments. Kabbalists don’t share their personal revelations with anyone, since people are not yet corrected and this evokes negative envy, which ultimately harms both parties.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/05/do-not-trigger-fire-upon-yourself/

The exception to this rule is with one’s spouse. Since the spouse is essentially considered an extension of ourselves, like one’s other half. But even then, it should be done very gently, without violating the rule that “there is no coercion in spirituality”.

Albert @ KabU

Sandor
          Participant

Thank you Albert for this guidance!

Flavio
      Participant

Hi, I have two questions about reality itself, the very thing that we can research with Kabbalah:

1) if the physical world is a perception, could I say that the physical world itself only exist in our minds? Like our physical world was a computer simulation?

2) If the physical reality is like a dream, if it is only a perception, then its existence is tied to the existence of the dreamer. When human souls did not yet exist, did the physical world already exist? According to the idea that the physical world is a perception of souls, it could not exist without souls, right?

Hi Flavio,

1. All that was created was a desire to receive pleasure. We perceive reality through that desire. If our desires are egoistic, we perceive this corporeal world. If we correct our desire to operate in the direction of love and bestowal, then accordingly we will perceive the spiritual reality. All of this follows the law of equivalence of form.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2013/04/everything-is-attained-by-the-equivalence-of-form/

2. Kabbalah is a science with clear limits of what we can and cannot measure. One of those limits is that we can only measure things from the thought of creation. We have no way to measure anything before creation, so we cannot talk about it.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2017/01/why-did-the-creator-create-people/

As for the souls, keep in mind that by definition, the soul is the corrected form of the desire to receive, which is aimed fully at bestowal. Given that we’re not yet corrected, none of us have this thing called a soul. Only a soul in potential, which we call the point in the heart. If we develop that point, we can turn it into a soul. If not, this point continues to reincarnate again and again until it gets fully developed.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/06/what-happens-to-the-soul-after-death/

Albert @ KabU

Gillian
      Participant

Hello, I wasn’t able to download the students book as there was no link. Otherwise, I have read a number of other students questions and also your answers and my questions have already been answered. I looking forward to understanding more about Kaballah.

Curtis AO
      Participant

Albert,

1)I’ve been reading the link you gave me, a preface to the wisdom of kabbalah. I’m a little confused. Do discernments of upper force come from the emanations of the Sefirot? The upper light arranges itself into Partzufim and there are five arrangements of the Serifot in each of the five Partzufim found in each Spiritual world. Is this correct?

2)I’m also a bit confused about Kli. Are Kli created because of desire, or are they created by light to be filled with light? Are there always kli waiting to be filled depending on which step of the ladder one is? How do Kelim come into existence from the will to receive? Not sure if I phrased that right.

Thanks,

Curtis

Hi Curtis,

1. The upper light never changes. We change, meaning our desires change, and accordingly we feel the light differently. It’s similar to how electricity is the same electricity but based on what appliance we plug in, we have different uses and results from it. Plug in a heater and you’ll produce warmth, plug in an AC and you’ll get cool air, etc. But the light itself never changes.

As for the arrangements, all that was created was a single desire to receive. This desire develops and is partitioned into worlds, partzufim, sefirot. There are 5 worlds in total, each world contains 5 partzufim, and each partzuf contains 5 sefirot. All in all this structure contains 125 degrees (5x5x5). We’ll learn about this structure in detail in the more advanced lessons.

2. The Kli is the desire. It’s used interchangeably. Kli (vessel) = desire to receive.

Albert @ KabU

Curtis AO
      Participant

Hello

I was wondering what kabbalists believer about the Messiah. I’m certain it’s different from the Christian belief.

Thanks
      -Curtis

Hi Curtis,

In Kabbalah, the Messiah is not a person but a force. Messiah (Mashiach in Hebrew) comes from the verb “to pull” (Moshech in Hebrew). This is the force that has the ability “to pull” us out of our egoistic nature into the Creator’s nature of love and bestowal.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/what-do-they-expect-from-a-messiah/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 97 through 102 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.