Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 157 through 162 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Jarrett Twaddle
      Participant

This might sound like a bit of an odd question, but, what is morality?
      Maybe a better question would be, what does it mean to be moral?
      What connections do anxiety, depression, and self-loathing have with morality, if any at all?

Hi Jarrett,

Morality means choosing between good or bad behaviors. The problem with morality is that our nature is egoistic. So no matter what behavior we choose, it’ll stem from our egoistic nature. As long as our actions stem from our ego, they will also be considered egoistic and will ultimately not lead us to anything good.

This is why Kabbalah does not deal with morality. Rather, Kabbalah deals with the root problem, our egoistic nature and how we can correct it.

Albert @ KabU

Dear senior instructor,

I’ve just read the recommended readings, which are very suggestive, there are lots of topics and I hope we will go further in all of them.

But the one that I love the most is that on

“Attaining the worlds beyond”, p. 39:

Giving oneself to the Creator means to separate from the “I”.

The intention of an action can change the external form of a mechanical act—giving or taking—to its opposite
      we actually feel that we are receiving from, rather than giving to, Him.

Could you please indicate us some related article or video about this way of realizing that giving (opening oneself up to the Creator and to all creations) is the way to receive?

Thank you very much!!

A nice day for all!!

1 Samuel 1:8: “Then Elkanah her husband said to her, “Hannah, why do you weep and why do you not eat and why is your heart sad? Am I not better to you than ten sons?”

Dear Albert,

I am grateful to KabU for the knowledge that you spread. We all are always guided by the foresight and omniscient Power that eventually will turn the information into wisdom.

First we feel the restlessness of the paradoxes and the riddles that we can’t solve on our own, and then we are guided to the answers, once we are ready to receive them.

This chapter 3 is awesome. And by reading it, I also understand the reply that another senior instructor gave to a question about revelation, in a Q&A session (on Sunday). I rewatched the question and the answer 3 times, and I wanted to ask you please where I can find more about it.

What I understood by what was said in that question and the instructor’s answer, was that there’s a plan in the progressive revelation of the Creator or the giving force, conditioned by the shaping of the same qualities of the Creator in the creature, the will to bestow.

Are these qualities the Sephirot?

Is this so?

Thank you very much in advance for your kind reply.

Best Regards,

Marta

Hi Marta,

Yes, you can say that those qualities are the sefirot.

In general, spirituality works according to the law of equivalence of form. Meaning that in order to come into contact or reveal anything spiritual, we need to become similar to whatever we want to reveal. This is just like how a radio can pick up an external wave, when we tune the internal frequency of the radio to that wave.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2013/04/everything-is-attained-by-the-equivalence-of-form/

Albert @ KabU

Dear KabU senior instructor,

I have a question about the desire as an ascent catalyst.

I am a bit confused, so I don’t know if I’m taking it in the right direction.

Is it that, when the desire is born in the lower level of consciousness, it reveals itself to us as physical needs. And then, if we go on “killing” the desire in the pursuit of the satisfaction of every corporal and social wantings and cravings we feel, we are not able to use it in the right way that would compel us to look for upper fulfillment.

It’s like an art of cultivating the desire as an ascent force by not suffocating it through the satisfaction of all the possible individual worldly needs, just taking what is necessary for preserving the existence, but letting the desire lead us on the way up. Until it can show us eventually what the ultimate fulfillment means.

Is this approach close to the idea, or have I lost track of the arguments?

Thank you very much for your kind patience!

Best Regards

Hi Marta,

Our very nature is the desire to receive pleasure. So no matter how we manipulate our desires, we will never be able to do anything against this nature. Just like a PC cannot just reprogram itself to run as a Mac, we too are incapable of correcting our own desires.

We need outside help to perform such corrections. This help comes to us from the Creator, from the force of His light. Our entire work boils down to extracting more and more of this reforming light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Thank you thank you thank you!

The article is just fantastic, I can see what you have kindly explained to me.

Thank you!

Dear KabU senior instructor team,

All along the previous week, watching the videos and reading the articles of the preparation material, and also yesterday and today, as I began approaching the 1st week material, I realized that I’m (we are) not able to know the Divine Himself, only my/our experience of the interaction with Him. What this interaction causes in me, in my human and shattered psycology as an individual, different in each moment of my/our spiritual unfolding.

So before, I used to direct myself to Him as my best Friend, Loving Father, Caring Master, a force of correction for my mistakes or a force of conversion… but now I’m not sure about how to direct myself to Him properly, so last week instead of sharing with Him the things that were inside of me as life goes on, I tried to be silent in my mind and focused on the wellness and joy that reading these materials and learning from what the instructors explain in the videos, just trying that all this happiness and gratitude somehow reaches Him.

Because in summary, the only important thing that I wish to communicate Him is that I enjoy what I’m receiving from Him, by means of this Kabbaláh wisdom, and all the lovely, kind and seriously engaged people that I’m finding in the KabU teaching and learning team and the materials that KabU provides, to tell Him how happy and grateful I am, and my own response in taking profit of it and appreciating and enjoying it.

So before I would talk to Him in the way one talks with his/her friend, but now I shut up this intern “dialogue” or monologue directed to the Divinity, and I simply repeat: “Thank You, thank You, thank You, thank You”, as I try that my joy flows and speaks in my heart in a more authentic way than my words could ever achieve. Also my longing to spend time in the course and watching the related videos in the KabU YouTube channel.

I don’t want to show disrespect and I don’t want to anthropomorphize my relationship with the Divine more than necessary. So instead of “talking to Him” by means of telling myself all the things that I think, I simply repeat in myself my gratitude for this new occasion of growing and learning, and at the same time I can feel this desire in me of being involved in this course, the group of study, and to assimilate the contents of the materials.

Thank you very much for all the good and profound insights that you so kindly are spreading as a blessing on a worldwide basis! It is my pleasure to know KabU and to be nurtured by all these precious and mighty lessons.

Thank you very much.

I want to refine and precise my everyday communication with the Benevolent and Provident Upper Force, as I want to proceed righteously, willingly, with the respect and the humility that doesn’t cause the negative sensations of distance, separation and guilt that pride and arrogance do in our relationship with the Trascendent Divine.

I’m interested in being alert and aware of the way that enables us to express love and at the same time remaining respectful by the difference of magnitude and Majesty between the Upper Force and His creations.

I know that my attitude towards the Divine relative to the communication with Him minute by minute will change every step of the way, in order to be more adequate and according to the truth. I want to have my mind set on Him but I don’t want to make this constant communication “familiar” or “domestic” (I wish to be respectful and aware of the range difference).

I would appreciate any senior indication in this respect, via links or passages of the course books that I have bought.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind reply.

Best Regards

Hi Marta,

The Kabbalists tell us that there is no one closer to a person than the Creator. We exist in Him like an embryo within the mother. So with or without words, the Creator feels everything that we’re going through.

The main thing on our end is to constantly turn to Him, to constantly be in connection with Him. Whether through words or not, it does not matter, what is important is to constantly turn to Him.

Check out this clip from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://kabbalahmedia.info/lessons/cu/6wKYLYEQ?sstart=53m18s&send=55m17s&mediaType=video&shareLang=en

Albert @ KabU

Thank you for this suitable reply!

It returns me to the peace of knowing that everything is fine.

This was the reply I needed to return to peace.

Thank you!

lewis
      Participant

I been feeling blocked off from spirit world for a while now. What is the substance that keeps me out?

Hi Lewis,

The ego. Spirituality works according to the law of equivalence of form. To the extent that we’re similar to the spiritual qualities of love and bestowal, to that extent we come closer to spirituality and reveal it in practice. And the reverse, to the extent that our ego grows, to that extent, spirituality becomes distant and concealed from us.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2013/04/everything-is-attained-by-the-equivalence-of-form/

Keep in mind that despite the ego blocking us from spirituality, it does not mean that we need to get rid of it. Rather, we need to convert the ego, for it to operate in the direction of receiving in order to bestow. Then, instead of blocking us like a giant mountain, it becomes a trail that we climb in order to reach higher and higher levels of spirituality.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2010/10/true-evil/

Albert @ KabU

Edward Taddei
      Participant

Hello,

I was wondering what really makes kabbalah different from beliefs, religions and self help classes. I have seen people find what they where searching for in different ways I know people that grew up in a family lines of witches and christians. They have that lets call it the (ah ha) moment and stick with it. On the other hand i am one of those that cant seem to find it. I hope this question is acceptable for this section. I’m not sure what else to ask at the moment. Thank you and have a good day.

Hi Edward,

It all depends on the point in the heart. If it has already awakened in a person, that desire will push and pull him to a place where he will feel that he can realize it. If not, then a person is content with all sorts of other methods and things in life.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/11/only-people-with-the-point-in-the-heart-can-feel-that-kabbalah-is-the-salvation/

As for what makes Kabbalah different? Kabbalah is a practical method by which we can correct our egoistic nature. As a result of this correction we become similar to the Creator. As a result of becoming similar to Him, we reveal Him in practice, in our lives. Meaning that it’s a scientific method, it’s not based on faith, it’s not something that we verify only after we die, etc. We reveal the results of this practice here and now.

All of this follows the law of equivalence of form. Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/04/everything-is-attained-by-the-equivalence-of-form/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 157 through 162 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.